5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What type of reaction is required to bind two molecules of glycine together and release a molecule of water?
- What is meant by the amino acid sequence of a protein?
a. number of side chains in the protein
b. folding arrangement of the peptide chain
c. order of amino acids in the peptide chain
d. order of only the essential amino acids in the protein
- Which of the following would be classified as a polypeptide?
a. 1 amino acid
b. 3 amino acids bonded together
c. 9 fatty acids bonded together
d. 20 amino acids bonded together
- In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
- After a hamburger is eaten, in what organ is the hydrolysis of its proteins initiated?
c. small intestines
d. large intestines
- a d. 20 amino acids bonded together
- b b. stomach
- c c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
- d c. Nitrogen
- e d. Condensation
5 Multiple choice questions
- c. hemoglobin
- c. an aldehyde group
- b. secondary structure
- b. denaturation
- c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
5 True/False questions
The application of heat or acid to a protein that causes its shape to change is known as
d. destabilization → c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
Which of the following is the primary factor that differentiates one amino acid from another?
a. The side group
b. The central carbon atom
c. The number of oxygen atoms
d. the number of nitrogen → a. The side group
Approximately how many different amino acids are used in the synthesis of body proteins?
d. 35 → d. 20
Protein-hydrolyzing ensymes are commonly known as
d. denaturases → b. Sulfur
Which of the following is a feature on an essential amino acid?
a. It is not necessary in the diet
b. It must be supplied by the diet
c. It can be made from fat in the body
d. It can be made from glucose in the body → b. It must be supplied by the diet