5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- An example of a protein with quaternary polypeptide structure is
d. disulfide bridges
- What is the name of the inactive form of the protein- splitting enzyme in the stomach?
- Protein-hydrolyzing ensymes are commonly known as
- What is the simplest amino acid?
- After a hamburger is eaten, in what organ is the hydrolysis of its proteins initiated?
c. small intestines
d. large intestines
- a b. glycine
- b c. hemoglobin
- c c. pepsinogen
- d ...
- e b. stomach
5 Multiple choice questions
- a. The side group
- a. Proline
- c. denaturation
- b. Sulfur
- d. Condensation
5 True/False questions
The following amino acids are linked together: glycine- lysine- valine. This compound is a
d. oligopeptide → b. tripeptide
All of the following are contained in an amino acid except?
a. an acid group
b. an amino group
c. an aldehyde group
d. a central carbon atom → b. Sulfur
What digestive enzyme would be most affected in people who are unable to produce hydrochloric acid?
c. pancreatic protease
d. intestinal peptidase → b. Three amino acids bonded together
What element is found in proteins but not in carbohydrates and fats?
d. Nitrogen → c. hemoglobin
What amino acid is classified as conditionally essential when dietary intake of phenylalanine is insufficient or the body cannot normally metabolize phenylalanine?
d. isoleucine → b. tyrosine