5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the composition of a tripeptide?
- In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
- What is the name of the inactive form of the protein- splitting enzyme in the stomach?
- What is the simplest amino acid?
- Which of the following elements is found in certain amino acids?
- a b. glycine
- b b. Three amino acids bonded together
- c b. Sulfur
- d c. Nitrogen
- e c. pepsinogen
5 Multiple choice questions
- c. hemoglobin
- d. 20
- d. Nitrogen
- a. pepsin
- c. an aldehyde group
5 True/False questions
What is meant by the amino acid sequence of a protein?
a. number of side chains in the protein
b. folding arrangement of the peptide chain
c. order of amino acids in the peptide chain
d. order of only the essential amino acids in the protein → c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
The weak electrical attractions within polypeptide chains account for the protein's
a. primary structure
b. secondary structure
c. tertiary structure
d. quaternary structure → c. denaturation
The application of heat or acid to a protein that causes its shape to change is known as
d. destabilization → a. dipeptide
Approximately how many different amino acids are used in the synthesis of body proteins?
d. 35 → c. 20
In comparison to the well-defined structure of starch, which of the following is the most important factor that allows for the synthesis of thousands of different proteins?
a. number of cell ribosomes
b. number of different amino acids
c. availability of amino acids containing sulfur
d. availability of amino acids containing hydroxyl groups → b. number of different amino acids