5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Terms used to classify amino acids in the diet include all of the following except
c. partially essential
d. conditionally essential
- What is the simplest amino acid?
- Which of the following would be classified as a polypeptide?
a. 1 amino acid
b. 3 amino acids bonded together
c. 9 fatty acids bonded together
d. 20 amino acids bonded together
- What digestive enzyme would be most affected in people who are unable to produce hydrochloric acid?
c. pancreatic protease
d. intestinal peptidase
- What process results in the hardening of an egg when it is exposed to heat?
d. protein interaction
- a b. denaturation
- b c. partially essential
- c a. pepsin
- d d. 20 amino acids bonded together
- e b. glycine
5 Multiple choice questions
- b. can be synthesized by the body
- b. secondary structure
- d. 20
5 True/False questions
Which of the following elements is found in certain amino acids?
d. Potassium → b. Sulfur
What amino acid is classified as conditionally essential when dietary intake of phenylalanine is insufficient or the body cannot normally metabolize phenylalanine?
d. isoleucine → b. tyrosine
What is the name of the inactive form of the protein- splitting enzyme in the stomach?
d. propeptidase → c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
The application of heat or acid to a protein that causes its shape to change is known as
d. destabilization → c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
An example of a protein with quaternary polypeptide structure is
d. disulfide bridges → c. hemoglobin