5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In what organ is pepsin active
- Protein-hydrolyzing ensymes are commonly known as
- When two amino acids are chemically joined together, the resulting structure is called a
- Which of the following is the primary factor that differentiates one amino acid from another?
a. The side group
b. The central carbon atom
c. The number of oxygen atoms
d. the number of nitrogen
- What is the composition of a tripeptide?
- a a. The side group
- b a. dipeptide
- c ...
- d b. Three amino acids bonded together
- e stomach
5 Multiple choice questions
- b. stomach
- b. denaturation
- a. pepsin
- b. number of different amino acids
- c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
5 True/False questions
The weak electrical attractions within polypeptide chains account for the protein's
a. primary structure
b. secondary structure
c. tertiary structure
d. quaternary structure → d. 20
The application of heat or acid to a protein that causes its shape to change is known as
d. destabilization → c. denaturation
What type of reaction is required to bind two molecules of glycine together and release a molecule of water?
d. Condensation → b. tyrosine
What element is found in proteins but not in carbohydrates and fats?
d. Nitrogen → d. Nitrogen
Approximately how many different amino acids are used in the synthesis of body proteins?
d. 35 → d. 20