5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the composition of a tripeptide?
- When two amino acids are chemically joined together, the resulting structure is called a
- Terms used to classify amino acids in the diet include all of the following except
c. partially essential
d. conditionally essential
- What is the name of the inactive form of the protein- splitting enzyme in the stomach?
- Protein-hydrolyzing ensymes are commonly known as
- a c. pepsinogen
- b c. partially essential
- c a. dipeptide
- d b. Three amino acids bonded together
- e ...
5 Multiple choice questions
- c. Nitrogen
- c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
- b. Sulfur
- b. can be synthesized by the body
- d. Condensation
5 True/False questions
How many different kinds of amino acids make up proteins? → b. Three amino acids bonded together
The application of heat or acid to a protein that causes its shape to change is known as
d. destabilization → c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
In comparison to the well-defined structure of starch, which of the following is the most important factor that allows for the synthesis of thousands of different proteins?
a. number of cell ribosomes
b. number of different amino acids
c. availability of amino acids containing sulfur
d. availability of amino acids containing hydroxyl groups → b. number of different amino acids
Which of the following is a feature of hemoglobin?
a. It has not tertiary structure
b. It holds the mineral calcium
c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
d. It has no primary or secondary structure → c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
Which of the following is the primary factor that differentiates one amino acid from another?
a. The side group
b. The central carbon atom
c. The number of oxygen atoms
d. the number of nitrogen → a. The side group