5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
- what is the process by which heat or acidity disrupts the noral shape of the protein chain?
- What element is found in proteins but not in carbohydrates and fats?
- After a hamburger is eaten, in what organ is the hydrolysis of its proteins initiated?
c. small intestines
d. large intestines
- Which of the following is a feature of hemoglobin?
a. It has not tertiary structure
b. It holds the mineral calcium
c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
d. It has no primary or secondary structure
- a d. Nitrogen
- b c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
- c c. Nitrogen
- d b. stomach
- e c. denaturation
5 Multiple choice questions
- c. an aldehyde group
- b. glycine
- d. 20 amino acids bonded together
- d. 20
5 True/False questions
In comparison to the well-defined structure of starch, which of the following is the most important factor that allows for the synthesis of thousands of different proteins?
a. number of cell ribosomes
b. number of different amino acids
c. availability of amino acids containing sulfur
d. availability of amino acids containing hydroxyl groups → c. Nitrogen
What digestive enzyme would be most affected in people who are unable to produce hydrochloric acid?
c. pancreatic protease
d. intestinal peptidase → b. Three amino acids bonded together
Which of the following is not an essential amino acid in human nutrition?
d. Tryptophan → a. Proline
The weak electrical attractions within polypeptide chains account for the protein's
a. primary structure
b. secondary structure
c. tertiary structure
d. quaternary structure → b. secondary structure
What amino acid is classified as conditionally essential when dietary intake of phenylalanine is insufficient or the body cannot normally metabolize phenylalanine?
d. isoleucine → c. denaturation