5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is a feature of hemoglobin?
a. It has not tertiary structure
b. It holds the mineral calcium
c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
d. It has no primary or secondary structure
- Which of the following is not an essential amino acid in human nutrition?
- When two amino acids are chemically joined together, the resulting structure is called a
- What element is found in proteins but not in carbohydrates and fats?
- A dispensable amino acid is one that
a. is not needed by the body
b. can be synthesized by the body
c. can be used to synthesize an indispensable amino acid
d. cannot be synthsized by the body because of a genetic defect
- a b. can be synthesized by the body
- b a. dipeptide
- c d. Nitrogen
- d a. Proline
- e c. It is constructed of 4 polypeptide chains
5 Multiple choice questions
- b. stomach
- b. denaturation
- c. hemoglobin
- c. partially essential
- c. 20
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is the primary factor that differentiates one amino acid from another?
a. The side group
b. The central carbon atom
c. The number of oxygen atoms
d. the number of nitrogen → d. 20 amino acids bonded together
All of the following are contained in an amino acid except?
a. an acid group
b. an amino group
c. an aldehyde group
d. a central carbon atom → b. Sulfur
In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
d. Hydrogen → c. Nitrogen
How many different kinds of amino acids make up proteins? → d. 20
What digestive enzyme would be most affected in people who are unable to produce hydrochloric acid?
c. pancreatic protease
d. intestinal peptidase → b. Three amino acids bonded together