5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the composition of a tripeptide?
- Which of the following would be classified as a polypeptide?
a. 1 amino acid
b. 3 amino acids bonded together
c. 9 fatty acids bonded together
d. 20 amino acids bonded together
- What type of reaction is required to bind two molecules of glycine together and release a molecule of water?
- Protein-hydrolyzing ensymes are commonly known as
- The application of heat or acid to a protein that causes its shape to change is known as
- a b. Three amino acids bonded together
- b c. denaturation
- c d. 20 amino acids bonded together
- d d. Condensation
- e ...
5 Multiple choice questions
- b. secondary structure
- b. can be synthesized by the body
- b. tripeptide
- b. Sulfur
5 True/False questions
What is the name of the inactive form of the protein- splitting enzyme in the stomach?
d. propeptidase → c. pepsinogen
What is the simplest amino acid?
d. methionine → b. glycine
In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
d. Hydrogen → c. Nitrogen
Which of the following is not an essential amino acid in human nutrition?
d. Tryptophan → b. It must be supplied by the diet
Terms used to classify amino acids in the diet include all of the following except
c. partially essential
d. conditionally essential → b. number of different amino acids