5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is a feature on an essential amino acid?
a. It is not necessary in the diet
b. It must be supplied by the diet
c. It can be made from fat in the body
d. It can be made from glucose in the body
- The weak electrical attractions within polypeptide chains account for the protein's
a. primary structure
b. secondary structure
c. tertiary structure
d. quaternary structure
- The application of heat or acid to a protein that causes its shape to change is known as
- What amino acid is classified as conditionally essential when dietary intake of phenylalanine is insufficient or the body cannot normally metabolize phenylalanine?
- What is meant by the amino acid sequence of a protein?
a. number of side chains in the protein
b. folding arrangement of the peptide chain
c. order of amino acids in the peptide chain
d. order of only the essential amino acids in the protein
- a b. It must be supplied by the diet
- b c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
- c b. tyrosine
- d b. secondary structure
- e c. denaturation
5 Multiple choice questions
- d. Condensation
- b. Sulfur
- d. Nitrogen
- d. 20
- c. denaturation
5 True/False questions
All of the following are contained in an amino acid except?
a. an acid group
b. an amino group
c. an aldehyde group
d. a central carbon atom → b. Sulfur
Which of the following is not an essential amino acid in human nutrition?
d. Tryptophan → b. It must be supplied by the diet
What is the composition of a tripeptide? → b. Three amino acids bonded together
After a hamburger is eaten, in what organ is the hydrolysis of its proteins initiated?
c. small intestines
d. large intestines → b. stomach
What process results in the hardening of an egg when it is exposed to heat?
d. protein interaction → a. Proline