5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In comparison to the well-defined structure of starch, which of the following is the most important factor that allows for the synthesis of thousands of different proteins?
a. number of cell ribosomes
b. number of different amino acids
c. availability of amino acids containing sulfur
d. availability of amino acids containing hydroxyl groups
- In comparison to the composition of carbohydrates and fats, which element found in proteins makes them unique?
- What element is found in proteins but not in carbohydrates and fats?
- what is the process by which heat or acidity disrupts the noral shape of the protein chain?
- Which of the following would be classified as a polypeptide?
a. 1 amino acid
b. 3 amino acids bonded together
c. 9 fatty acids bonded together
d. 20 amino acids bonded together
- a c. Nitrogen
- b c. denaturation
- c d. 20 amino acids bonded together
- d d. Nitrogen
- e b. number of different amino acids
5 Multiple choice questions
- b. can be synthesized by the body
- b. Three amino acids bonded together
- d. Condensation
- a. dipeptide
- b. stomach
5 True/False questions
What process results in the hardening of an egg when it is exposed to heat?
d. protein interaction → a. Proline
Which of the following is the primary factor that differentiates one amino acid from another?
a. The side group
b. The central carbon atom
c. The number of oxygen atoms
d. the number of nitrogen → a. The side group
What is the name of the inactive form of the protein- splitting enzyme in the stomach?
d. propeptidase → c. order of the amino acids in the peptide chain
Which of the following elements is found in certain amino acids?
d. Potassium → b. It must be supplied by the diet
Approximately how many different amino acids are used in the synthesis of body proteins?
d. 35 → c. 20