Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
S&O: Chapter 8
Terms in this set (22)
When should most reflexes disappear?
- 4 months (up and down tongue movement)
- 4-5 months (phasic bite pattern, gumming on cracker)
- 6 months-complete head control and increased jaw stability
- 7-8 months (diagonal jaw movements and beginning finger feeding)
- 12 months (rotary chewing - cow)
- 15 months (diagonal rotary chewing)
What is the progression/sequence of feeding and eating in infants?
Phasic Bite Pattern
This is a primitive normal jaw pattern that is characterized by rapid rhythmical up and down movement of the jaw and no lateral movement of the jaw is seen.
Which is the most mature chewing pattern?
foundation for adult eating patterns-eat independently; hold a spoon and bring to mouth; drink from cups
What should feeding and eating look like at 24 months?
use of fork and try to serve own liquids and family style servings
What should feeding and eating look like at 30-36 months?
circular rotary chewing and drink from straws
What should feeding and eating look like at 2-3 years old?
What age can pull down pants?
What age zips and unzips coat zipper, independent with pulling pants down, buttons large buttons?
What age can unzips with separating zipper, three to four buttons?
What age can zip coat inserting zipper and know front and back clothing?
What age can put belt in loops?
What age can put on pullover shirt correctly each time, ties and unties knots, laces shoes, dresses unsupervised?
What age can tie a bow knot, tie hood strings, selects clothing that is appropriate for weather?
- 1.5 allows teeth to be brushed
- 2 attempts to brush teeth in imitation of adults
- 3 uses toothbrush w assistance
- 4 brushes teeth w supervision
- 6 brushes and rinses teeth independently
What does oral hygiene progression look like (age)?
Sets with similar terms
NBCOT TherapyEd Ch.5
PEDS Midterm Exam
growth and development
Sets found in the same folder
S&O: Chapter 3 (Peds)
S&O: Chapter 23
S&O: Chapter 6 (Peds)
S&O: Chapter 2 (Peds)
Other sets by this creator
Nuero Spiral Review
ALS Final Study Guide
SCI: Early (Ch 27) & Class PPT
Peds Final topics of interest
Other Quizlet sets
7-8 Historical Thinking
Musculo Lecture 9 Musculoskeletal Development