5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Character in Uncle Tom's Cabin
- Sam Houston predicted this act would "convulse the country from Maine to the Rio Grande"
- What incident, along with the fighting in "Bleeding Kansas," revealed the level of hostility etween the North and the South?
- What happened in Kansas in the election of 1855?
- Who wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin?
- a Kansas-Nebraska Act
- b Harriet Beecher Stowe
- c Simon Legree
- d The Brooks-Summer Incident
- e a proslavery legislature was elected
5 Multiple choice questions
- Fugitive Slave Act
- John Brown
- Missourians traveled in armed groups
- territory open to slavery
- May 1854
5 True/False questions
What did Douglas call letting settlers in a territory vote on whether to allow slavery? → Popular Sovereignty
John Brown → violent abolitionist
Missourians who traveled in armed groups to cross the border and vote in elections became known as → border ruffians
What did the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 require? → all citizen to help catch runaways
Polular Sovereignty → allowing people to decide