5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What incident, along with the fighting in "Bleeding Kansas," revealed the level of hostility etween the North and the South?
- A war between citizens of the same country is called a
- What let Douglas to propose abandoning the Missouri Compromise?
- Who led an attack on Pottawatomie Creek to retialiate for the attack on Lawrence?
- a territory open to slavery
- b John Brown
- c The Brooks-Summer Incident
- d civil war
- e it would give the north an advantage in the Senate
5 Multiple choice questions
- a proslavery legislature was elected
- May 1854
- The President and the Senate favored the proslavery government, the House backed forces who opposed slavery
- Popular Sovereignty
- all citizen to help catch runaways
5 True/False questions
Missourians who traveled in armed groups to cross the border and vote in elections became known as → border ruffians
What did free African Americans and whites who opposed slavery set up to help runaways escape? → Underground Railroad
What did antislavery people do in response to the proslavery laws passed by the new Kansas legislature? → brutal, cruel system, incidents, vivid characters
Sam Houston predicted this act would "convulse the country from Maine to the Rio Grande" → Kansas-Nebraska Act
36degrees30'N latitude → Harriet Beecher Stowe