5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What conflicting positions did Congress take concerning the rival governments in Kansas?
- 36degrees30'N latitude
- What did antislavery people do in response to the proslavery laws passed by the new Kansas legislature?
- What incident, along with the fighting in "Bleeding Kansas," revealed the level of hostility etween the North and the South?
- Who were the border ruffians?
- a The President and the Senate favored the proslavery government, the House backed forces who opposed slavery
- b refused to accept, held own elctions, adopted constitution
- c Missourians traveled in armed groups
- d The Brooks-Summer Incident
- e boundary of slavery
5 Multiple choice questions
- territory open to slavery
- encouraging settlement in the west
- Simon Legree
- Kansas-Nebraska Act
- Fugitive Slave Act
5 True/False questions
Who wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin? → Harriet Beecher Stowe
What happened in Kansas in the election of 1855? → a proslavery legislature was elected
John Brown → territory open to slavery
Rival proslavery and antislavery governments existed in this state → Kansas
When did Congress pass the Kansas-Nebraska Act → Missourians traveled in armed groups