5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who led an attack on Pottawatomie Creek to retialiate for the attack on Lawrence?
- What incident, along with the fighting in "Bleeding Kansas," revealed the level of hostility etween the North and the South?
- What did free African Americans and whites who opposed slavery set up to help runaways escape?
- What happened in Kansas in the election of 1855?
- A war between citizens of the same country is called a
- a civil war
- b John Brown
- c a proslavery legislature was elected
- d Underground Railroad
- e The Brooks-Summer Incident
5 Multiple choice questions
- Missourians traveled in armed groups
- encouraging settlement in the west
- all citizen to help catch runaways
- allowing people to decide
- boundary of slavery
5 True/False questions
The law that required all citizens to help catch runaway slaves was the → civil war
John Brown → violent abolitionist
Sam Houston predicted this act would "convulse the country from Maine to the Rio Grande" → civil war
When did Congress pass the Kansas-Nebraska Act → May 1854
Character in Uncle Tom's Cabin → Harriet Beecher Stowe