Chapter 2 Vocabulary
Terms in this set (...)
An accounting device used to analyze transactions.
An amount recorded on the left side. Dr
An amount recorded on the right side.
The side of the the account that is increased. Relates to the accounting equation.
Chart of Accounts
A list of accounts used by a business
Four questions to ask when analyzing a transaction
1. Which accounts are affected
2. How are they classified
3. How are they changing (increase or decrease)
4. How are they recorded (debit or credit
Two Rules for account balances
1. Always increase on the normal balance side
2. Always decrease opposite the normal balance side.
ch.4 Transactions affecting Assets, Liabilities, and Owners Equity
Accounting 1 Chapter 2
Chapter 2 Accounting
Internet Unit Terms - Part 1