5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- They are a group
- Their location in the social structure has created the difference between Milo's and Jim's reactions.
- a Leo, Ryan, and Matthew regularly interact with one another and share similar values, norms, and expectations. In view of this, which concept MOST applies to their relationship?
- b T or F: When Professor Jones is before his class lecturing, he has assumed the front stage, based on the terminology used in dramaturgy.
- c Milo, a highly successful attorney, just received a $200 ticket for speeding. Jim, an unemployed father of six, received a $50 fine for parking in a restricted area. Milo considers his $200 ticket an inconvenience, but Jim sees his $50 fine as a financial disaster. Why do Milo and Jim feel so differently about their fines, even though Milo's is four times greater than Jim's?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which sociological perspective is most closely linked to microsociology?
- T or F: All master statuses are achieved statuses
- According to Durkheim, when a society increases in size, its division of labor becomes more specialized. People begin to depend upon one another and become interdependent. This form of social cohesion was a concept that he termed ________.
- True or False Without language there can be no culture, no shared way of life.
- T or F: The sociological significance of social structure is that it guides our behavior.
5 True/False questions
intimate early social interaction → Which sociological perspective is most closely linked to microsociology?
The ability to take the role of another → The difference between status and role is that ________.
Erving Goffman → Hilda is studying at the library. She has placed her coat on the chair next to her and has spread books in front of the other chairs. Hilda is trying to extend her ________ so others do not invade it.
background assumptions → In ethnomethodology, the ideas we take for granted that underlie our behavior and that we violate at our risk are called ________.
We occupy a status, we play a role → The difference between status and role is that ________.