5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- symbolic interactionism
- These are examples of her ascribed status
- We occupy a status, we play a role
- a Jane is a 49-year-old woman of Irish-German descent. What do these characteristics have in common?
- b The difference between status and role is that ________.
- c Which sociological perspective is most closely linked to microsociology?
- d Mead describes the active, creative, and spontaneous part of the self as the ________.
- e Believing that all football players are academically challenged, that all African Americans are great athletes, and that all women can cook well are examples of ________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- True or False Without language there can be no culture, no shared way of life.
- Of the following traits and abilities, which one would George Herbert Mead consider MOST essential for an individual to be a full-fledged member of society?
- The presentation of self in everyday life, also called dramaturgy, was developed by ________
- The typical patterns of a group, such as its usual relationships between men and women or students and teachers, are referred to as ________.
- The presentation of self in everyday life, also called dramaturgy, was developed by ________.
5 True/False questions
organic solidarity → According to Durkheim, when a society increases in size, its division of labor becomes more specialized. People begin to depend upon one another and become interdependent. This form of social cohesion was a concept that he termed ________.
dramaturgy → T or F: In Piaget's model for children's development of reasoning skills, the term "reasoning skills" is synonymous with the term "operational" as it is used in the theory.
suspend Frank's driving privileges for a month and discuss with Frank the dangers of drinking and driving → Which statement regarding status is MOST accurate?
personal space → T or F: All master statuses are achieved statuses
background assumptions → In ethnomethodology, the ideas we take for granted that underlie our behavior and that we violate at our risk are called ________.