6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- On the main character's final day of stay at the Tip Top Lodge, the old man did this for him that was a turning point in his mind.
- War the main character is convinced he cannot participate in as a soldier.
- The main character says he has never told his story to anyone before. The reason for this is ______________.
- During the middle of the summer of 1968, the main character creates this plan to avoid fighting in the war.
- Author of "On the Rainy River"
5 True/False questions
He thinks he is too good for the war. → "On the Rainy River" is a chapter in the larger book called ___________________.
a bursting/cracking in his chest → The physical change the main character describes when he makes his decision to act on his plan for avoiding the war.
Elroy → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
The Things They Carried → The name of the place where the main character stayed after leaving home.
he takes the main character to a place where he can make his own decisons → False statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.