6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- As the main character battled within his own mind about whether or not he should jump out of the boat and swim to Canada, the only two words the old man says come AFTER the main character has decided NOT to jump out of the boat. What were those two words from the old man?
- The way the main character paid for his room and board while stayin at the Tip To Lodge
- True statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
- It is true that the old man "saves" the main character because he........
- This finally drives the main character to choose to go to war at the end of the story.
5 True/False questions
a bursting/cracking in his chest → The physical change the main character describes when he makes his decision to act on his plan for avoiding the war.
Vietnam War → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
embarrassment → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
took him fishing → Author of "On the Rainy River"
O'Brien → Author of "On the Rainy River"