6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ironic and symbolic job the main character has in 1968 when he learns that he as been drafted into military service
- It is true that the old man "saves" the main character because he........
- The physical change the main character describes when he makes his decision to act on his plan for avoiding the war.
- War the main character is convinced he cannot participate in as a soldier.
- True statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
5 True/False questions
O'Brien → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
took him fishing → On the main character's final day of stay at the Tip Top Lodge, the old man did this for him that was a turning point in his mind.
"Ain't biting" → Author of "On the Rainy River"
run to Canada → During the middle of the summer of 1968, the main character creates this plan to avoid fighting in the war.
embarrassment → First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.