6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The way the main character paid for his room and board while stayin at the Tip To Lodge
- This finally drives the main character to choose to go to war at the end of the story.
- First name of the man who ran the place where the main character stayed.
- True statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
- "On the Rainy River" is a chapter in the larger book called ___________________.
5 True/False questions
he takes the main character to a place where he can make his own decisons → False statement about the main character when he receives word that he has been drafted into military service.
embarrassment → Author of "On the Rainy River"
meat packer/factory worker → The name of the place where the main character stayed after leaving home.
O'Brien → The main character says he has never told his story to anyone before. The reason for this is ______________.
"Ain't biting" → As the main character battled within his own mind about whether or not he should jump out of the boat and swim to Canada, the only two words the old man says come AFTER the main character has decided NOT to jump out of the boat. What were those two words from the old man?