5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Yamato Clan
- tributary states
- Ying Yang
- a Chinese philosopher (circa 551-478 BC), Chinese philosopher, administrator, and moralist. His social and moral teachings, collected in the Analects , tried to replace former religious observances
- b traditional code of the Japanese samurai which stressed courage and loyalty and self-discipline and simple living
- c independent state that has to acknowledge the supremacy of another state and pay tribute to its ruler, These are regions or colonies who become subordinates of a more powerful state as a means to control slaves and to provide exclusive trading rights to foreign regions.
- d Only family to hold the title of emperor in Japanese history
- e A Taoist Symbol That shows the balance of right and wrong., Forces of nature, yin- negative, weak, dark, female. yang- bright, positive, strong, male. Each balance each other out, needs to be perfect.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A popular type of Japanese drama combined with music and dance, it is the type of theatre in Japan(Played buy all male actors)
- the Oceanic language spoken by the Maori people in New Zealand
- one of the great Yi rulers, ordered bronze instruments to be used in measuring rain, and created simplified writing
- the imperial dynasty of China from 1368 to 1644, A major dynasty that ruled China from the mid-fourteenth to the mid-seventeenth century. It was marked by a great expansion of Chinese commerce into East Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia
- Korean dynasty that ruled from 935-1392, Replaced the Silla Dynasty in Korea capital was Songak metal type print led to mass productionn of books also produced celadon
5 True/False questions
Shinto → the ancient indigenous religion of Japan lacking formal dogma
kana → Japanese system of writing with simplified Chinese characters that are used phonetically
Easter Island → Only family to hold the title of emperor in Japanese history
Grand Canal → A Taoist Symbol That shows the balance of right and wrong., Forces of nature, yin- negative, weak, dark, female. yang- bright, positive, strong, male. Each balance each other out, needs to be perfect.
uji → school of Mahayana Buddhism asserting that enlightenment can come through meditation and intuition rather than faith