5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 15. ______ are secreted by cells infected with viruses, alerting neighboring cells and protecting them from becoming infected.
- 12. ______ are found especially in the mucous membrane, standing guard against parasites, and allergens.
- 22. These are a group of proteolytic enzymes secreted by natural killer (NK) cells.
- 6. _____ are the largest of the lymphatic vessels and they empty into the ________.
- 27. Cellular (cell-mediated) immunity is effective against
- a cancer cells
- b interferons
- c granzymes
- d eosinophils
- e collecting ducts; subclavian veins
5 Multiple choice questions
- type 1 (acute) hypersensitivity
- type IV (delayed) hypersensitivity
- endogenous pyrexia
- helper T cells do not
5 True/False questions
41. This is the correct sequence of events in the humoral immune response. → antigen recognition -- antigen presentation -- clonal selection -- differentiation -- attack
31. The serum used for emergency treatment of snakebites stimulates → helper T cells
19. _______ is not a cardinal sign characteristic of inflammation. → interferons
25. One characteristic of the immune response is specificity. This means that → cancer cells
11. All these belong to the second line of defense except → the gastric juices