5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 50. Autoimmune diseases are disorders in which the immune system fails to distinguish _____ from foreign ones.
- 22. These are a group of proteolytic enzymes secreted by natural killer (NK) cells.
- 46. The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) targets mainly
- 21. All these cellular agents participate in inflammation except
- 20. Basophils of the blood help to get defensive leukocytes to the site quickly by releasing an anticoagulant called _____ and a vasodilator called _____.
- a self antigens
- b granzymes
- c heparin; histamine
- d helper T cells
- e cytotoxic T cells
5 Multiple choice questions
- artificial active immunity
- the lymphatic node pump
- secrete fever-producing chemicals
- T cells
5 True/False questions
3. Special lymphatic vessels called lacteals absorb dietary _____ that are not absorbed by the blood capillaries. → lipids
7. Immune surveillance is a process in which _______ nonspecifically detect and destroy foreign cells and diseased host cells. → helper T cells do not
16. This figure shows → differentiate into memory antibodies, which upon reexposure to the same pathogen would mount a quicker attack
38. Cytotoxic T (TC) cells are like a natural killer (NK) cell because they both → secrete granzymes and perform
27. Cellular (cell-mediated) immunity is effective against → cancer cells