5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 6. _____ are the largest of the lymphatic vessels and they empty into the ________.
- 36. Helper T (TH) cells do not
- 50. Autoimmune diseases are disorders in which the immune system fails to distinguish _____ from foreign ones.
- 30. T cells undergo positive selection in the thymus, which means
- 49. A person who is HIV-positive and has helper T (TH) cells count lower than ______ has AIDS.
- a 200 cells
- b secrete fever-producing chemicals
- c collecting ducts; subclavian veins
- d they multiply and form clones of identical T cells
- e self antigens
5 Multiple choice questions
- antigen recognition -- antigen presentation -- clonal selection -- differentiation -- attack
- T cells
- cancer cells
5 True/False questions
23. Complement C3b protein coats bacteria and stimulates phagocytosis by _____ in a process called _____. → endogenous pyrexia
2. Lymph is similar to blood plasma but very low in → protein
25. One characteristic of the immune response is specificity. This means that → immunity is directed against a particular pathogen
22. These are a group of proteolytic enzymes secreted by natural killer (NK) cells. → artificial passive immunity
24. _______ are antimicrobial proteins. → artificial active immunity