6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- the song that plays when The Sister loses her innocence/virginity; only English song in "Cyclo"
- loose, meandering, episodic plot structure; gives film realistic, 'slice-of-life' feel; less dramatic than usual plot
- the physical, visual link between the mad son and the cyclo boy in "Cyclo"
- the three major Italian film directors of post-WWII period
- Tran Anh Hung said that he wouldn't shoot "Cyclo" in France because there were too many _______________ and a old French man's face wasn't as interesting as an old Vietnamese man's face
- De Sica ___________ sexuality in "Bicycle Thieves" as symbolized by the removal of the bed sheets & ordinary clothes of the Communist dancer girls
6 True/False questions
pure cinema → the physical, visual link between the mad son and the cyclo boy in "Cyclo"
class differences, consumerism → the streets of Ho Chi Minh City were a metaphor for this in "Cyclo"
cleansing → the physical, visual link between the mad son and the cyclo boy in "Cyclo"
images → "What's important for me is to create ________, often, transitory, that are like icons with meaning." said by Tran Anh Hung about "Cyclo"
individualism → the one trait that sets Italian Neorealism & the Italian Renaissance apart from French, Russian, and German realism
black market neighbors → said "I believe in imagination, but I more faith in reality, in people. Not interested in prearranged encounters, rather in the drama of things that happen to come together;" screenwriter of "Bicycle Thieves"