5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The significance of names or reputations given to people when they engage in certain types of behavior is the focus of ________ theory.
C) differential association
- In an experiment, one group of participants is exposed to treatment, another is exposed to an application identified to them as treatment, and another is not exposed to any treatment. In such a
procedure, the participants who are not exposed to any form of treatment, either genuine or false,
are classified as the ________ group.
- Phillip would like to collect information from a large number of people, but he has a limited budget. In order to sample a large number, but to keep the cost low, Phillip should use ________ as a research method.
A) self-administered questionnaires
B) stratified random samples
C) structured interviews
D) unstructured interviews
- The concept of the "iron law" of oligarchy was developed by sociologist ________.
A) Robert Michels
B) Ryan Graham
C) Michael Burawoy
D) Irving Janis
- When criticizing Milgram's experiment on small group phenomenon, Kleinfeld made the analogy that "we live in a world that looks a lot like ________."
A) a tossed salad
B) an ice cream sundae
C) a pan of baked lasagna
D) a bowl of clumpy oatmeal
- a self-administered questionnaires
- b Robert Michels
- c labeling
- d a bowl of clumpy oatmeal
- e control
5 Multiple choice questions
- humanize the work setting to develop employee potential
- this is an example of an open-ended question
5 True/False questions
The Boy Scouts, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, most civic organizations, and many groups that people join because of mutual interest are all examples of ________.
A) bureaucratic alienation
C) voluntary associations
D) informal organizations → an innovator
In which group would diffusion of responsibility be the greatest concern?
A) the graduating class of a large university
B) a basketball team
C) a football team
D) a married couple → the graduating class of a large university
For many college professors, their own teachers served as role models. Kody Scott looked up to older gang members as his idols. In both cases, former teachers and older gang members qualify as
A) social others
B) reference groups
C) secondary groups
D) generalized others → primary group
What is the greatest flaw in using self-administered questionnaires for a research study?
A) They are labor-intensive.
B) They can be administered only to small groups.
C) They are expensive compared to other research techniques.
D) They cause the researcher to lose control of the data collection. → an innovator
Of the following groups, the ________ plays the most significant role in the development of the
C) secondary group
D) primary group → primary group