5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- movement of air from land at sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea.
- energy transfered by waves or rays.
- a type of energy that comes to Earth from the Sun, can damage skin and cause cancer, and is mostly absorbed by the ozone layer.
- Layer of Earth's atmosphere that is closest to the ground, contains 99% of the water vapor and 75% of the atmospheric gasses and is where clouds and weather occur.
- causes moving air and water to left in the southern hemisphere and turn right in the northern hemisphere due to Earth's rotation.
5 True/False questions
conduction → transfer of thermal energy by the movement of particles from one place to another in a gas or liquid.
chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) → group of chemical compounds used in refrigerators, air conditioners, foam packaging, and aerosol sprays that may enter the atmosphere and destroy ozone.
ozone layer → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
jet stream → narrow belt of strong winds that blowsnear the top of the troposphere.
sea breeze → movement of air from land at sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea.