5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- movement of air from land at sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea.
- group of chemical compounds used in refrigerators, air conditioners, foam packaging, and aerosol sprays that may enter the atmosphere and destroy ozone.
- narrow belt of strong winds that blowsnear the top of the troposphere.
- transfer of thermal energy by the movement of particles from one place to another in a gas or liquid.
- transfer of thermal energy by direct contact; occurs when energy is transferred by collisions between particles.
5 True/False questions
troposphere → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
sea breeze → movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense, air above the land to rise.
radiation → energy transfered by waves or rays.
ozone layer → layer of the statosphere with a high concentration of ozone; absorbs most of the Sun's harmful ultraviolet radiation.
hydrosphere → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.