5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- transfer of thermal energy by direct contact; occurs when energy is transferred by collisions between particles.
- layer of the statosphere with a high concentration of ozone; absorbs most of the Sun's harmful ultraviolet radiation.
- Earth's air which is made up of a thin layer of gasses, solids, and liquids; forms a protective layer around the planet and is divided into 5 distinct layers.
- transfer of thermal energy by the movement of particles from one place to another in a gas or liquid.
- change of matter from a gas to a liquid.
5 True/False questions
sea breeze → movement of air from land at sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea.
troposphere → Layer of Earth's atmosphere that is closest to the ground, contains 99% of the water vapor and 75% of the atmospheric gasses and is where clouds and weather occur.
hydrosphere → all the water on Earth's surface.
land breeze → movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense, air above the land to rise.
jet stream → narrow belt of strong winds that blowsnear the top of the troposphere.