5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense, air above the land to rise.
- Earth's air which is made up of a thin layer of gasses, solids, and liquids; forms a protective layer around the planet and is divided into 5 distinct layers.
- all the water on Earth's surface.
- transfer of thermal energy by the movement of particles from one place to another in a gas or liquid.
- energy transfered by waves or rays.
5 True/False questions
ionosphere → Layer of Earth's atmosphere that is closest to the ground, contains 99% of the water vapor and 75% of the atmospheric gasses and is where clouds and weather occur.
jet stream → narrow belt of strong winds that blowsnear the top of the troposphere.
troposphere → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
conduction → transfer of thermal energy by direct contact; occurs when energy is transferred by collisions between particles.
condensation → transfer of thermal energy by direct contact; occurs when energy is transferred by collisions between particles.