5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- change of matter from a gas to a liquid.
- movement of air from land at sea at night, created when cooler, denser air from the land forces up warmer air over the sea.
- group of chemical compounds used in refrigerators, air conditioners, foam packaging, and aerosol sprays that may enter the atmosphere and destroy ozone.
- movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense, air above the land to rise.
- causes moving air and water to left in the southern hemisphere and turn right in the northern hemisphere due to Earth's rotation.
5 True/False questions
convection → transfer of thermal energy by direct contact; occurs when energy is transferred by collisions between particles.
conduction → transfer of thermal energy by the movement of particles from one place to another in a gas or liquid.
troposphere → Layer of Earth's atmosphere that is closest to the ground, contains 99% of the water vapor and 75% of the atmospheric gasses and is where clouds and weather occur.
atmosphere → Layer of the electrically charged particles in the thermosphere that absorbs AM radio waves during the day and reflects them back at night.
jet stream → movement of air from sea to land during the day when cooler air from above the water moves over the land, forcing the heated, less dense, air above the land to rise.