Upgrade to remove ads
ACT Math: Numbers and Quantity
Terms in this set (18)
Any positive or negative whole number.
Any positive or negative whole numbers in a row. Ex: 1, 2, 3.
Smaller numbers that go into a larger number. Ex: Factors of 8 are 1, 2, 4, 8.
Larger numbers that the given number goes into. Ex: Multiples of 8 are 8, 16, 24, 32...
Least Common Multiple
The smallest number that all given numbers go into. Ex: The least common multiple of 2, 5, 3 is 30.
Any number without a fraction or decimal.
A number that can be written as a simple fraction. Ex: 3, -7/11, 111/999.
A number that cannot be written as a simple fraction. Ex: pi.
How do you add or subtract fractions?
1) Find a common denominator.
2) Add/Subtract numerators.
3) Denominator stays the same.
How do you multiply fractions?
1) Multiply straight across the numerator.
2) Multiply straight across the denominator.
How do you divide fractions?
1) Flip the numerator and denominator of the second fraction.
2) Multiply the new fraction by the first fraction.
Think: "Multiply by the reciprocal."
How do you change a percent into a decimal?
Move the existing decimal to the left 2 units. Ex: 40.8% = 0.408
How do you change a percent into a fraction?
Put the given percent in a fraction over 100. Ex: 40% = 40/100
How do you change a fraction into a decimal?
Use your calculator to divide the fraction.
Percent Change Formula
(Large - Small)/(Original Value)
How do you find the percent of a number? (Ex: 8% of 50.)
1) Change the percent into a decimal.
2) Multiply by the given number.
Ex: 0.08 x 50 = 4
How do you find what percent one number is of another number? (Ex: 4 is what percent of 5.)
1) Write the "is" number in the numerator of a fraction.
2) Write that "of" number in the denominator.
3) Divide using calculator.
4) Move decimal to the left 2 units.
Ex: 4 / 5 = 0.80 = 80%
Used to solve for variable in two fractions that are equal to each other. Ex: 1/2 = x/10.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
ACT Number and Quantity Terms
ACT Math Intermediate Algebra
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
SSAT Math Vocabulary
Math 6 Final Exam Review- All in place!
7th grade math vocab
RN PAX Math - Edit
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
ACT Math: Essential Skills
ACT Math: Functions/Graphs
ACT Math: Algebra
ACT English Grammar Rules