Create an account
1. Inter Gallos sunt viri magni qui vocantur Druides.
Among the Gauls there are great men who are called the Druids.
2. Sacra Gallorum a Druidibus curantur.
The religious rights of the Gauls are cared for by the Druids.
3. Druides a Gallis valde timetur: nam auctoritem magnam habent, et de viris bonis et malis iudicare solent.
The Druids are feared exceedingly by the Gauls: for they have great authority, and they are accustomed to judge about good and bad men.
6. Propter Druidum scientiam magnam multi pueri cum Druidibus diu manent.
Because of the great knowledge of the Druids, many boys remain with the Druids for a long time.
7. Pueri a Druidibus discunt: Druides pueros docent.
Boys learn from the Druids: The Druids teach the boys.
8. Druides de sacris scientiam magnam habent, sed libros et litteras non amant.
The Druids have great knowledge about religious rites, but they do not love books and letters.
9. Nam sacra Gallis videntur esse magna, si in tenebris iacent.
For the religious rites are seen to be great to the Gauls, if they are hidden in the shadows.
10. Itaque sacra Gallorum non litteris, sed memoria servantur.
And so, the religious rites of the Gauls are preserved not in literature, but in memory.
11. Druides scientiam magnam memoria servare possunt.
The Druids are able to save great knowledge in memory.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together