How can we help?
You can also find more resources in our
Select a category
Something is confusing
Something is broken
I have a suggestion
What is your email?
What is 1 + 3?
Lab safety symbols
the use of tools or glassware can easily puncture or slice skin such as razor blades, pins, scalpels, pointed tools, dissecting probes, or borken glass
this can cause possible danger to respiratory tract like ammonia, acetone, nail polish remover, heated sulfur, moth balls
this can cause possible danger from an electrical shock or burn caused by improper grounding, liquid spills, short circuits, or exposed wires
substances like pollen, moth balls, steel wool, fiber glass, or potassium permanganate can iritate the skin or mucous membranes of the respiratory tract
bleaches such as hydrogen peroxide, or acids such as sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acids; or bases such as ammonia or sodium hydroxide can react with and destroy tissue and other materials
substances such as mercury, iodine, poinsettia plant parts, and many metal compounds may be poisonous if touched, inhaled, or swallowed (ahem.... Itera)
proper eye protection should be worn at all times by anyone performing or observing science activities
this symbol appears when substances could stain or burn clothing
this symbol appears when safety of animals and students must be assured