Create an account
1.By raising taxes in the early 1780's the confederation was able to reduce the national debt?
6. In the final years of the revolutionary war _______ emerged as the most influential figure in the government?
11. The United States departed from the colonial policies of Great Britain by?
Promising equal statehood to all unsettled western territory
13. Which of the following was not part of the Northwest Ordinance?
New States formed from the Northwest Territory had to allow Indian perpetual representation in the government
14. The plan presented by reverend Cather of the Ohio company was to settle the northwest with?
20. According to Alexander Hamilton the United States needed a national bank to provide a stable currency and provide a capital
22. On the issue of the assumption of state debts James Madison agreed with Alexander Hamilton?
25. Most Americans Supported the French revolution even in its violent phase Known as the reign of terror?
32. The bill of rights did all of the following except?
Settled all questions of whether federal vs state authority
34. The tenth amendment of the constitution?
All powers not given specifically to the federal government were given to the states or the people
43. Between 1800 and 1840 the nations most dramatic population expansion occurred in?
West of The Appalachian
54. The United States Experienced a period of economic prosperity in the years after the war of 1812?
55. The bank of the United States ended the panic of 1819 by making credit more easily available?
57. The national road was a good example of an internal improvement because it was financed by the federal government?
65. Following the expiration of the first bank of the United states in 1811?
Issued an excess of paper money
67. In 1816 when Congress adopted provisions for a new bank of the United States who protested?
72. Martin Van Buren was a native of North Carolina and served two terms as that states governor?
77. President Jacksons response to the nullification crisis was to ask congress to raise the tariff?
78. All of the following characterized the United States by the time of Andrew Jackson's election except?
A dynamic economy absent of panic or depression
79. The Jacksonion concept of equality was a belief that?
Everyone should have an equal chance to succeed
84. Jacksons Veto of the Maysville road bill demonstrated that?
Belief that the federal government should not fund local projects
87. Before 1845 steamboats were used more for transportation in the ocean rather than internal waterways?
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together