5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Five Year Plan
- buying stock 'on margin'
- Battle of Britain
- a measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects
- b practice that allowed people to buy stock with a down payment of 10 percent of the full value
- c the prolonged bombardment of British cities by the German Luftwaffe during World War II and the aerial combat that accompanied it
- d Special engine that can work in space and burns liquid or solid fuel.
- e Stalin's economic policy to rebuild the Soviet economy after WWI. tried to improve heavy industry and improve farm output, but resulted in famine
5 Multiple choice questions
- a communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves; an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals
- a harbor on Oahu west of Honolulu; location of a United States naval base that was attacked by the Japanese on 7 Dec 1941
- after Germany takes control of the French government, these French citizens disrupt the German military so as to help the allied war effort
- a plane that could go super super fast, drop bombs, and launch missiles.
5 True/False questions
Lend Lease Policy → allowed countries considered vital to US safety to "borrow" war equipment
events that started the second world war... → Poland, Denmark, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, France, Norway, Yugoslavia, Greece, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Bylorussia, Ukraine, Crimea (if you count portions of the Soviet Union as the separate states that Germany treated them as) Allied to Germany but under her control were, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Finland. Also you must count Austria and Czechoslovakia
Rome-Berlin Axis → Book written by Hitler while he was exiled, 'my struggle.'
Vichy government of France → was the effective ruler and later formal head of state of first parts of Spain from October 1936 and then all of Spain from 1939 until his death in 1975. He led a failed military coup against the democratically elected republican government. The coup evolved into the Spanish Civil War during which he led the right-wing Nationalists against the Republicans. After winning the civil war he presided over the government of the Spanish State.
Spanish Civil War → civil war in Spain in which General Franco succeeded in overthrowing the republican government; during the war Spain became a battleground for fascists and socialists from all countries; 1936-1939