5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Black Shirts
- Nazi-Soviet Nonaggression Pact
- Formation of modern state of Israel
- Vincent van Gogh
- Winston Churchill
- a supporters of mussolini, broke up socialist rallies, smashed leftists presses and attacked farmer's cooperatives
- b 05/14/1948
- c 1939-Secret agreement between German leader Hitler and Soviet Leader Stalin not to attack one another and to divide Poland
- d Dutch post-impressionist painter noted for his use of color (1853-1890)
- e British statesman and leader (prime minister) during World War II; received Nobel Prize for literature in 1953 (1874-1965)
5 Multiple choice questions
- democratic party in Germany after WWII which allowed rise of dictators; republic that was established in Germany 1919 and ended in 1993
- The one European communist country able to resist Russian exploitation and control
- name referring to the 1920s; a time of cultural change; generally refers to the arts such as writing, music, artwork, and architecture
- a harbor on Oahu west of Honolulu; location of a United States naval base that was attacked by the Japanese on 7 Dec 1941
- a form of socialism that abolishes private ownership; political theory favoring collectivism in a classless society
5 True/False questions
Aryan race → nazi used this term to refer to people of northern european racial ancestry, especially those with blue eyes and blonde hair
Franklin D. Roosevelt → Great Britain, France, Russia(USSR), and later the US; also known as the United Nations.
atomic energy/ atomic weapons → similar to Wilson's 14 point Plan, pledged for peace and the end of fighting, assured the world that all countries must work to free all men from fear and want, didn't trust Soviet Union with this very much.
Rome-Berlin Axis → Special engine that can work in space and burns liquid or solid fuel.
radio → a communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves; an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals