5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Battle of the Atlantic
- Lend Lease Policy
- Aryan race
- a satisfying the demands of dissatisfied powers in an effort to maintain peace and stability.
- b Long-Lasting WWII naval war between U.S. ships and German U-boats to control Atlantic Ocean trade routes
- c prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
- d nazi used this term to refer to people of northern european racial ancestry, especially those with blue eyes and blonde hair
- e allowed countries considered vital to US safety to "borrow" war equipment
5 Multiple choice questions
- the German airforce
- naval battle of World War II (June 1942); land and carrier-based American planes decisively defeated a Japanese fleet on its way to invade the Midway Islands
- week-long rescue, under artillery barrage and air attack of 340,000 UK and French soldiers
- similar to Wilson's 14 point Plan, pledged for peace and the end of fighting, assured the world that all countries must work to free all men from fear and want, didn't trust Soviet Union with this very much.
- crash in U.S. in 1929 !!!!CORRECT!!!
5 True/False questions
Claude Monet → Great Britain, France, Russia(USSR), and later the US; also known as the United Nations.
Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) → 1939-Secret agreement between German leader Hitler and Soviet Leader Stalin not to attack one another and to divide Poland
microwave transmissions → radio waves that carry data
fasces → an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security
The French Resistance → a time period during the 1930s when there was a worldwide economic depression and mass unemployment