5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR)
- Pearl Harbor
- atomic energy/ atomic weapons
- Vincent van Gogh
- a a former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia; established in 1922; included Russia and 14 other soviet socialist republics (Ukraine and Byelorussia an others); officially dissolved 31 December 1991
- b a harbor on Oahu west of Honolulu; location of a United States naval base that was attacked by the Japanese on 7 Dec 1941
- c fight a quick and surprising war
- d the energy released by a nuclear reaction
- e Dutch post-impressionist painter noted for his use of color (1853-1890)
5 Multiple choice questions
- crash in U.S. in 1929 !!!!CORRECT!!!
- Book written by Hitler while he was exiled, 'my struggle.'
- Unsuccessful German attack on the city of Stalingrad during World War II from 1942 to 1943, that was the furthest extent of German advance into the Soviet Union; germans lost.
- the German airforce
5 True/False questions
Charles De Gaulle → French general and statesman who became very popular during World War II as the leader of the Free French forces in exile (1890-1970)
Aryan race → nazi used this term to refer to people of northern european racial ancestry, especially those with blue eyes and blonde hair
Brown Shirts → supporters of mussolini, broke up socialist rallies, smashed leftists presses and attacked farmer's cooperatives
radio → a communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves; an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals
General Francisco Franco → was the effective ruler and later formal head of state of first parts of Spain from October 1936 and then all of Spain from 1939 until his death in 1975. He led a failed military coup against the democratically elected republican government. The coup evolved into the Spanish Civil War during which he led the right-wing Nationalists against the Republicans. After winning the civil war he presided over the government of the Spanish State.