5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Brown Shirts
- Hiroshima(little boy) and Nagasaki (fat man)
- a nuclear attacks during World War II against the Empire of Japan by the United States of America at the order of U.S. President Harry S. Truman
- b Hitler's private army of supporters, also known as the SA (Sturm Abteilung).
- c 06/06/1944 allied forces under dwight d. eisenhower landed on the beaches of normandy in history's greatest naval invasion.
- d Pearl Harbor Bombing; the U.S.A. joins in WWII
- e President of the US during Great Depression and World War II
5 Multiple choice questions
- radio waves that carry data
- an alliance between italy and germany
- after Germany takes control of the French government, these French citizens disrupt the German military so as to help the allied war effort
- the American navy attacked islands held by the Japanese in the Pacific Ocean. The capture of each successive island from the Japanese brought the American navy closer to an invasion of Japan.
- 1939-Secret agreement between German leader Hitler and Soviet Leader Stalin not to attack one another and to divide Poland
5 True/False questions
Yugoslavia → The one European communist country able to resist Russian exploitation and control
fascism (fascist) → treaty signed in 1945 that formed an alliance of the Eastern European countries behind the Iron Curtain; USSR, Albania, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Hungary, Poland, and Romania
Holocaust → the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler; a large-scale destruction, especially by fire; a vast slaughter; a burnt offering
1939 → WWII ends in both Europe & the Pacific; the first atomic bombs are dropped in Japan
Communism/communist → French impressionist painter (1840-1926)