5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- buying stock 'on margin'
- Battle of Stalingrad
- a Special engine that can work in space and burns liquid or solid fuel.
- b Unsuccessful German attack on the city of Stalingrad during World War II from 1942 to 1943, that was the furthest extent of German advance into the Soviet Union; germans lost.
- c satisfying the demands of dissatisfied powers in an effort to maintain peace and stability.
- d practice that allowed people to buy stock with a down payment of 10 percent of the full value
- e measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects
5 Multiple choice questions
- austrian physician whose work focused on the unconscious causes of behavior and personality formation; founded psychoanalysis
- name referring to the 1920s; a time of cultural change; generally refers to the arts such as writing, music, artwork, and architecture
- the great depression in the U.S. and much of europe, the league of nations being formed, the french and british selling out the czechs at munich, no one aiding ethiopia when italy invaded, and the german invasion of poland.
- the German airforce
- National Communist countries not technically a part of the USSR
5 True/False questions
Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR) → 1939-Secret agreement between German leader Hitler and Soviet Leader Stalin not to attack one another and to divide Poland
The Stock Market Crash 1929 → crash in U.S. in 1929 !!!!CORRECT!!!
radio → a communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves; an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals
NATO → a communication system based on broadcasting electromagnetic waves; an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals
Holocaust → the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler; a large-scale destruction, especially by fire; a vast slaughter; a burnt offering