5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Joseph Stalin
- events that started the second world war...
- a WWII starts in Europe
- b Russian leader who succeeded Lenin as head of the Communist Party and created a totalitarian state by purging all opposition (1879-1953)
- c a form of socialism featuring racism and expansionism
- d fight a quick and surprising war
- e the great depression in the U.S. and much of europe, the league of nations being formed, the french and british selling out the czechs at munich, no one aiding ethiopia when italy invaded, and the german invasion of poland.
5 Multiple choice questions
the official emblem of the Nazi Party and the Third Reich; a cross with the arms bent at right angles in a clockwise direction
- During WWII, he was a gurerilla leader who battled German forces. He set up a communist government in Yugoslavia and was independent from Moscow and the Soviet Union.
- name referring to the 1920s; a time of cultural change; generally refers to the arts such as writing, music, artwork, and architecture
- 06/06/1944 allied forces under dwight d. eisenhower landed on the beaches of normandy in history's greatest naval invasion.
- allowed countries considered vital to US safety to "borrow" war equipment
5 True/False questions
Sudetenland → an area in western Czechoslovakia that was coveted by Hitler
Luftwaffe → the secret state police in Nazi Germany; known for its terrorist methods
anti-Semitism → prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
Nazi "final solution of the Jewish question" → ELIMINATE ALL JEWS
island hopping → the American navy attacked islands held by the Japanese in the Pacific Ocean. The capture of each successive island from the Japanese brought the American navy closer to an invasion of Japan.