5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- following the decline of Songhay, smaller states developed east of Maliand Songhay among which people?
- Agriculture in Mali?
- African societies organized around the kinship or other forms of obligation and lacking the concentration of political power and authority were referred to as?
- Which of the following statements concerning Great Zimbabwe is NOT correct?
- Between 800 and 1500 as the frequency and intensity of contact with the outside world increased, which of the following had the most significant impact on sub-Saharan Africa?
- a The arrival of Islam
- b Difficulties of soil, dought, no technology, farmers could barely provide food
- c Great Zimbabwe was constructed by Arab Muslims who were trading with the Bantu residents of the region
- d stateless
- e Hausa
5 Multiple choice questions
- Berbers from North Africa
- between Niger and Senegal rivers
- the yoruba were organized in a number of small city-states under the authority of regional kings
5 True/False questions
The puritanical reform movements of the Almoravids and Almohadis arose among what groups of people in Africa? → The Berbers, native desert dwellers of North Africa
What was the most important Christian kingdom in Africa? → Ethiopia
Sudanic states of Mali and Songhay → terribrial cores of some ethnicity, power extended
many African societies unaffected by either Christianity or Islam developed states without → The Muslim concept of a ruler who united civil and religious authority reinforced traditional ideas of kingship
What accounted for the downfall of Songhay? → Invasion by a Moroccan Muslim army equipped with firearms, following by internal revolts