5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a Sundiata?
- following the decline of Songhay, smaller states developed east of Maliand Songhay among which people?
- The Sahel refers to the
- Which group did NOT migrate to the coastal region of East Africa?
- which of the following was NOT a belief shared by practitioners of many indigenous African religions
- a a leader whose exploits were the foundation of a great oral tradition; created unified state & basic rules for malinke society
- b Berbers from North Africa
- c a moral code based on one supreme god
- d Hausa
- e grassland belt at the southern edge of the Sahara that served as a point of exchange between the forests of the south and north Africa.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the yoruba were organized in a number of small city-states under the authority of regional kings
- Bantu-based and Arabic-influenced Swahili language
- Islam penetrated very little into the interior among the hunters, pastoralists, and farmers, and even the areas near the trading towns remained relatively unaffected
- rulers that extended the boundries of the empires, so that by the mid-16th century, Songhai dominated central Sudan
5 True/False questions
Sudanic states of Mali and Songhay → terribrial cores of some ethnicity, power extended
What is mwene mutapa → a leader whose exploits were the foundation of a great oral tradition; created unified state & basic rules for malinke society
What state represents the development of Bantu concepts of kingship and state building? → kingdom of Kongo
What Sudanic kingdom declined in 1076, making way for new political organizations in the region? → Griots mastered the oral traditions of the Malinke and by knowing the past were considered excellent advisors of kings.
What accounted for the downfall of Songhay? → terribrial cores of some ethnicity, power extended