5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is mwene mutapa
- Songhai was originally part of which African empire?
- How was the institution of slavery viewed in Muslim society?
- check this out
- a http://www.course-notes.org/flashcards/list/7743923
- b Malinke merchants; formed small partnerships to carry out trade throughout Mali empire; eventually spread throughout much of West Africa
- c title the king took
- d In theory, slavery was seen as a stage in the process of conversion of pagans to Islam.
- e Mali
5 Multiple choice questions
- the yoruba were organized in a number of small city-states under the authority of regional kings
- systems of writing
- Sunni Ali
5 True/False questions
What accounted for the downfall of Songhay? → Invasion by a Moroccan Muslim army equipped with firearms, following by internal revolts
What was the social and political function of the griots? → between Niger and Senegal rivers
To what extent did Islam successfully penetrate the populations of east Africa? → Berbers from North Africa
The puritanical reform movements of the Almoravids and Almohadis arose among what groups of people in Africa? → terribrial cores of some ethnicity, power extended
What was the most important Christian kingdom in Africa? → Ethiopia