5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 8 years old; first year to do volunteer hours; receive jacket with pocket
- Did Larissa know exactly where Roberto or anyone else went when they were released?
- Describe the Ceremony. Tell what happened at the Naming and the other age levels.
- What were the two occasions when release was not punishment?
- What was Jonas's dream about? What did his mother and father say about It?
- a it was very secretive and she only knew they had a ceremony and walked through the door
- b elderly and newborn
- c He was trying to convince Fiona to let him take care of her, that he was experiencing feelings & they needed to be controlled
- d will have to help others in the community during spare time and will now have to be responsible for their own things
- e Everyone received a privilege or event as their age progressed to show their growing maturity level
5 Multiple choice questions
- he wanted to bring the child to his house because the night-watchers were socially unfit
- a deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen
- it decided his career for the rest of his life
- When the chief didn't call his # he thought she made a mistake, but she never made a mistake so he asked himself "What did he do wrong?"
- learn to comfort themselves and learn independence
5 True/False questions
New Children; live at nurturing center → learn uniformly and with strangers
What were Jonas and the other children taught to be careful about? → their language
12 years old; last ceremony; will receive adult assignments → learn how to be interdependent on each other
What fascinated Jonas about his father? → Assistant Director of Recreation
10 years old; haircut → become even more independent and will have to abide by rules with children and adults