5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What evening ritual did the family perform after dinner?
- What happened when Jonas's number should have been called? What did Jonas think?
- 1 year old; given to a family
- 9 years old; bicycles
- What happened to the apple while Jonas was playing with it?
- a are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
- b it turned red
- c When the chief didn't call his # he thought she made a mistake, but she never made a mistake so he asked himself "What did he do wrong?"
- d become even more independent and will have to abide by rules with children and adults
- e share their feelings
5 Multiple choice questions
- learn to be precise with words and fit into community standards of clear language
- learn to comfort themselves and learn independence
- elderly and newborn
- a deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen
- learn how to be interdependent on each other
5 True/False questions
Describe the Ceremony. Tell what happened at the Naming and the other age levels. → Everyone received a privilege or event as their age progressed to show their growing maturity level
What was Jonas's dream about? What did his mother and father say about It? → He was trying to convince Fiona to let him take care of her, that he was experiencing feelings & they needed to be controlled
Describe the Celebration of Release of Roberto. → it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf
What fascinated Jonas about his father? → when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
What Assignment did Asher get? → no longer a child; shorter hair makes the children feel more responsible and lose the childlike bows