5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Did Larissa know exactly where Roberto or anyone else went when they were released?
- 7 years old; last year with comfort object; last year to go the childcare center after school; get jackets with buttons down the front
- What were Jonas and the other children taught to be careful about?
- What did Father want to do about the new child, and why?
- 9 years old; bicycles
- a learn to comfort themselves and learn independence
- b it was very secretive and she only knew they had a ceremony and walked through the door
- c he wanted to bring the child to his house because the night-watchers were socially unfit
- d their language
- e become even more independent and will have to abide by rules with children and adults
5 Multiple choice questions
- learn uniformly and with strangers
- are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
- it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf
- apprehensive because of the ceremony of 12
- when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
5 True/False questions
Describe the jacket that the Fours, Fives, and Sixes wore, and the reason it was designed the way it was. Also describe the jacket the SEvens wore, and what it symbolized. → 4s, 5s & 6s wore jacket with buttons back so they would have to help each other learn interdependence; 7s get front buttons and it was the first sign of independence and very 1st symbol of growing up
8 years old; first year to do volunteer hours; receive jacket with pocket → learn how to be interdependent on each other
What evening ritual did the family perform after dinner? → share their feelings
What happened to the apple while Jonas was playing with it? → it turned red
Why was the Ceremony of Twelve so important? → it decided his career for the rest of his life