5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What fascinated Jonas about his father?
- 9 years old; bicycles
- What happened to the apple while Jonas was playing with it?
- 12 years old; last ceremony; will receive adult assignments
- Describe the Assignment of Birthmother. What did Lily's parents say about it?
- a they have all the babies of the community/ her parents think it is not an honorable assignment
- b when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
- c it turned red
- d no longer a child, will learn how they can work in their community to make it better and learn to take their role in the community
- e become even more independent and will have to abide by rules with children and adults
5 Multiple choice questions
- a deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen
- showing the maturity of the children physically; last year to obtain knowledge and now showing that males will be working more on math than the females
- Assistant Director of Recreation
- share their feelings
- elderly and newborn
5 True/False questions
3 years old; acquisition of correct language → are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
7 years old; last year with comfort object; last year to go the childcare center after school; get jackets with buttons down the front → learn to comfort themselves and learn independence
How did Jonas decide he felt? What was causing this feeling? → apprehensive because of the ceremony of 12
What did Father want to do about the new child, and why? → he wanted to bring the child to his house because the night-watchers were socially unfit
Describe the Ceremony. Tell what happened at the Naming and the other age levels. → it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf