5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Children; live at nurturing center
- Did Larissa know exactly where Roberto or anyone else went when they were released?
- Describe the Celebration of Release of Roberto.
- What were Jonas and the other children taught to be careful about?
- What did the word "frightened" mean, according to Jonas?
- a it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf
- b their language
- c learn uniformly and with strangers
- d it was very secretive and she only knew they had a ceremony and walked through the door
- e a deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen
5 Multiple choice questions
- He was trying to convince Fiona to let him take care of her, that he was experiencing feelings & they needed to be controlled
- they have all the babies of the community/ her parents think it is not an honorable assignment
- are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders
- it turned red
- 4s, 5s & 6s wore jacket with buttons back so they would have to help each other learn interdependence; 7s get front buttons and it was the first sign of independence and very 1st symbol of growing up
5 True/False questions
9 years old; bicycles → no longer a child; shorter hair makes the children feel more responsible and lose the childlike bows
Describe the Ceremony. Tell what happened at the Naming and the other age levels. → it was a big celebration, and speeches were given on his behalf
What did Father want to do about the new child, and why? → they had blue eyes
6 years old; last year with buttons down the back → learn to be precise with words and fit into community standards of clear language
7 years old; last year with comfort object; last year to go the childcare center after school; get jackets with buttons down the front → learn to comfort themselves and learn independence