5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What did the word "frightened" mean, according to Jonas?
- What fascinated Jonas about his father?
- Did Larissa know exactly where Roberto or anyone else went when they were released?
- 11 years old; receive new clothes and undergarments, last year of full time school, receive calculators
- 9 years old; bicycles
- a a deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen
- b when he sneaked a look at the list of names because his father broke the rules
- c become even more independent and will have to abide by rules with children and adults
- d showing the maturity of the children physically; last year to obtain knowledge and now showing that males will be working more on math than the females
- e it was very secretive and she only knew they had a ceremony and walked through the door
5 Multiple choice questions
- it turned red
- learn to comfort themselves and learn independence
- no longer a child, will learn how they can work in their community to make it better and learn to take their role in the community
- He was trying to convince Fiona to let him take care of her, that he was experiencing feelings & they needed to be controlled
- he wanted to bring the child to his house because the night-watchers were socially unfit
5 True/False questions
What evening ritual did the family perform after dinner? → share their feelings
How did Jonas decide he felt? What was causing this feeling? → apprehensive because of the ceremony of 12
What were Jonas and the other children taught to be careful about? → their language
1 year old; given to a family → become even more independent and will have to abide by rules with children and adults
3 years old; acquisition of correct language → are awarded to families that have been deemed suitable by the Elders