Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Function of renin and angiotensin
ANZCA 2004, HKCA 2002
Terms in this set (11)
what is renin
Renin is a glycoprotein hormone
secreted by Juxtaglomerlar cells
where are Juxtaglomerular cells (JG cells)?
In the media of afferent arteriole at the point where it enters the glomerulus
what stimulate renin release?
reduce in ECF volume
reduce in SBP
reduce delivery of fluid to macular densa
increase in sympathetic stimluation
mechanism for renin release (what are the sensors)
- Intrarenal baroreceptor: detect decrease in arteriolar Pressure at JG cells > increase in renin
- macula densa: decrease delivery of chloride to macula densa, increase in renin release
- sympathetic stimulation: direct action on JG cells via B1 effect
- PG esp PGI2, increase renin release by direct action on JG cells
- Angiotensin II: reduce renin secretion by negative feedback
- ADH, reduce renin release
- increase potassium, reduce renin release
what is the action of renin
cleave Angiotensinogen to angiotensin 1
where does angiotensinogen synthesized?
How is angiotensin II formed
it is formed from angiotensin I by action of angiotensin converting enzyme, mainly by contact with pulmonary endothelium
half life of Ag II
short half life, around 1-2 min
10 functions of angiotensin II
- arteriolar vasoconstriction, increase SBP and DBP
- contraction of mesangial cells, reduce filtration coefficient, reduce GFR
- selective vasoconstriction of efferent arterioles, increase GFR ; but reduce RBF to medulla; therefore reduce renal interstitial hydrostatic pressure, and increase Na reasborption
- stimulate aldosterone secretion by adrenal cortex
- stimulate noradrenaline secretion by action on post ganglionic sympathetic nerve stimulation
- stimulate subfornical organ and OVLT, increase thirst
- stimulate area postrema, increase BP centrally
- stimulate Na reabsorption by direct action on tubular cells esp PCT
- increase ADH
- increase ACTH
- negative feedback to inhibit renin release
Destroyed by ?
found in RBC to form Angiotensin III
action of angiotensin III
same aldosterone stimulating effect
40% of pressor response
Sets found in the same folder
Describe the renal factor that affect ur…
buffer, phosphate, ammonia, acid base of kidney
Autoregulation of Renal
Infusion of 1N HCI
Sets with similar terms
secretion and function of renin and angiotensin
RAAS (from maryam_farahmand)
Test 1- Renin & Angiotensin
Other sets by this creator
spanish vocab 15
Other Quizlet sets
Bio CH 2
Europe to 1500 Final
Renal Pathophys pt. 2
Where are hypothalamic factors released into?
What is the solubility of vitamin D?
How do glucocorticoids raise blood pressure?
What are the consequences of refeeding syndrome?