VERSE TEST 1, bible test 1: OLD TESTAMENT
Terms in this set (46)
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
What are the books of the LAW?
Joshua, Judges, Ruth, I Samuel, II Samuel, I Kings, II Kings, I Chronicles, II Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther
What are the books of HISTORY?
Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
What are the books of POETRY?
Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel
What are the books of MAJOR PROPHETS?
Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
What are the books of MINOR PROPHETS?
And God saw every thing that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.
Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them
2 Timothy 3:16-17: Breathed
2 Peter 1:16-21: controlled
Matthew 5:18: protected by God
Give  reasons why the old testament is trustworthy
relation to israel: chosen
give the theme & relation to Israel of Genesis
relation to israel: delivered
give the theme & relation to Israel of Exodus
theme: worship & Holy Living
relation to israel: taught
give the theme & relation to Israel of Leviticus
theme: walk & service
relation to israel: tested
give the theme & relation to Israel of Numbers
theme: blessing of people
relation to israel: re-taught
give the theme & relation to Israel of Deuteronomy
Universal history, Patriarchal, Egyptian, Wilderness, Conquest, United Kingdom, Divided Kingdom, Babylonian exile, Persian Period, Greek Period, Maccabean Period, Roman period
What are the historical divisions of the old testament in chronological order? 
introduce, provide true history, provide God's revelation, give authoritative understanding
The purpose of Genesis
1. to _________ God's plan for the ages
2. to ________ the foundation of all _____ _____
3. to ________ the foundation of _____ ______
4. To _____ clear and ___________ __________ of origins
majesty and power, links him with creation, primary, plural
1. Speaks of God's _____ & _______
2. The name of God that ____ ____ __ _____
3. The _____ name for God in the O.T
4. The ____ form , indicating trinity
links him with his people, most common, redemptive, unchanging faithfulness
1. The name of God that ____ ___ ___ ___ ___
2. The ____ _____ name in the O.T
3. The ____ name of God
4. Speaks of God's _____ _____
1. _____ ruler of the universe
2. Name used by ______
Without form and void
Formless and empty - simply perfect, but not yet complete
What does it mean to be made in the "image of God"?
1. breath of life, 2. rulership;dominion 3. man's uniqueness 4. righteousness
What four features for the "image" involve?
moral consciousness, abstract thinking, expression of thought, understanding of beauty and emotions, capacity for fellowship with God
What are the 5 points under man's uniqueness under being made in the image of God?
Tree of life
A symbol of God's blessing
Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
A symbol of God's will
Original sin of mankind
Mother of all living
Greek translation of the old testament
books of the Law
time, matter, energy
What was created in the first stage of creation?
What was created in the second day of creation?
land and plants
What was created in the third day of creation?
sun, moon, stars
What was created in the fourth day of creation?
fish and fowl
What was created in the fifth day of creation?
all animals, man and woman
What was created in the sixth day of creation?
1. leaving 2. cleaving 3. unity 4. intimacy
What are the 4 principles to marriage?
- Speaks of God's majesty & power
- Name of God that links him with creation
- Primary name for God in the O.T
- Plural name; trinity
- Name of God that links him with His people
- Most common name in the O.T
- Redemptive name of GOD
- Speaks of His unchanging faithfulness
- Sovereign ruler of the universe
- Abraham used this name