5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- George Mason
- Nancy Pelosi
- Joe Biden
- John Zenger
- John Dickinson
- a DE delegate to Const Conv of 1787 who was best known as the author of the Articles of Confederation
- b Colonial era newspaper writer whose court case helped establish freedom of the press
- c Anti-Federalist Virginian who wrote the Virginia Declaration of Rights
- d Speaker of the US House of Representatives & 1st woman to hold that position
- e Current Vice President under Obama
5 Multiple choice questions
- Former US POTUS who resigned in 1974 before he could be impeached; HE WAS NOT IMPEACHED
- 2nd woman to serve on the Supreme Court; still serves today
- Patriot founder of the Sons of Liberty, involved in the Boston Tea Party
- Current Secretary of Homeland Security who is blamed by many Republicans for the security that lapses that allowed the "underwear bomber" to board a flight to Detroit on Christmas day.
- Massachusetts slave who successfully sued for her freedom in 1781 based on the principles of the DOI.
5 True/False questions
John Roberts → Colonial era newspaper writer whose court case helped establish freedom of the press
Thomas Paine → VA primary author of the Declaration of Independence; wrote about unalienable rights; 3rd POTUS; 2nd US minister to France
George III → King of England hated by colonists during the Revolutionary Era. Only individual directly referenced in the Declaration of Independence.
Robert Byrd → West Virginian who currently presides over most meetings of the US Senate as the President Pro Tempore
Alexander Hamilton → Colonial era Virginian who led a rebellion that showed the determination of the people to take Indian lands. Died of dysentery.