5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nathaniel Bacon
- Mum Bett
- Antonin Scalia
- Bill Clinton
- Robert Byrd
- a Colonial era Virginian who led a rebellion that showed the determination of the people to take Indian lands. Died of dysentery.
- b West Virginian who currently presides over most meetings of the US Senate as the President Pro Tempore
- c Second POTUS to be impeached. He survived easily after lying to Congress about a marital issue.
- d current Italian member of the Supreme Court; noted hunting buddy of Dick Cheney
- e Massachusetts slave who successfully sued for her freedom in 1781 based on the principles of the DOI.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Anti-Federalist Virginian who wrote the Virginia Declaration of Rights
- 2nd woman to serve on the Supreme Court; still serves today
- US Vice President under George W. Bush
- 1st African American member of the Supreme Court
- Colonial era newspaper writer whose court case helped establish freedom of the press
5 True/False questions
Clarence Thomas → Current Supreme Court member; 2nd African American member
Nancy Pelosi → Massachusetts farmer who led a 1786 rebellion that showed how ineffective the Articles of Confederation was
Daniel Shays → Massachusetts farmer who led a 1786 rebellion that showed how ineffective the Articles of Confederation was
George III → King of England hated by colonists during the Revolutionary Era. Only individual directly referenced in the Declaration of Independence.
William Paterson → Man from New Jersey who believed that all states should have equal representation in a unicameral Congress; wrote the New Jersey Plan