5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clarence Thomas
- Thomas Paine
- Mike Leach
- John Dickinson
- Nathaniel Bacon
- a Colonial era Virginian who led a rebellion that showed the determination of the people to take Indian lands. Died of dysentery.
- b Current Supreme Court member; 2nd African American member
- c Former Texas Tech football coach fired by the university for supposedly mistreating receiver Adam James. Leach is currently suing the school for SLANDER and LIBEL.
- d DE delegate to Const Conv of 1787 who was best known as the author of the Articles of Confederation
- e Patriot author of Common Sense and The American Crisis
5 Multiple choice questions
- Man from New Jersey who believed that all states should have equal representation in a unicameral Congress; wrote the New Jersey Plan
- 1st woman to serve on the Supreme Court; retired recently
- Former baseball player and current St. Louis hitting coach. He holds the single-season baseball record for home runs. This record should be invalidated because he admitted that he set the record while using steroids.
- Former US POTUS who resigned in 1974 before he could be impeached; HE WAS NOT IMPEACHED
- political philosopher who believed that a social contract existed between political leaders and the people they governed
5 True/False questions
John Zenger → political philosopher who believed that a social contract existed between political leaders and the people they governed
Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab → The so-called "underwear bomber". Smuggled a bomb sewn into his underwear onto Northwest Airlines Flight 253 on December 25, 2009. The flight departed from Amsterdam and was headed for Detroit, Michigan. Fellow passengers on the plane heard a loud pop, like a firecracker and saw smoke rising from the man's seat. According to reports, the 23-year-old suspect's underwear contained 80 grams of PETN, which was more than enough to blow a hole in the airplane. The detonator that the suspect tried to use was acid in a syringe. Instead of detonating the bomb, the acid melted the syringe and caused a fire.
Bill Clinton → Second POTUS to be impeached. He survived easily after lying to Congress about a marital issue.
Nancy Pelosi → Massachusetts farmer who led a 1786 rebellion that showed how ineffective the Articles of Confederation was
John Roberts → political philosopher who believed that a social contract existed between political leaders and the people they governed