5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Daniel Shays
- Thomas Paine
- John Locke
- Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab
- Thomas Jefferson
- a Massachusetts farmer who led a 1786 rebellion that showed how ineffective the Articles of Confederation was
- b political philosopher who believed that a social contract existed between political leaders and the people they governed
- c VA primary author of the Declaration of Independence; wrote about unalienable rights; 3rd POTUS; 2nd US minister to France
- d Patriot author of Common Sense and The American Crisis
- e The so-called "underwear bomber". Smuggled a bomb sewn into his underwear onto Northwest Airlines Flight 253 on December 25, 2009. The flight departed from Amsterdam and was headed for Detroit, Michigan. Fellow passengers on the plane heard a loud pop, like a firecracker and saw smoke rising from the man's seat. According to reports, the 23-year-old suspect's underwear contained 80 grams of PETN, which was more than enough to blow a hole in the airplane. The detonator that the suspect tried to use was acid in a syringe. Instead of detonating the bomb, the acid melted the syringe and caused a fire.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1st woman to serve on the Supreme Court; retired recently
- French philosopher who argued that people get freedom through the separation of government powers
- Virginian who helped James Madison write the Constitution and presented the Virginia Plan and a federal court plan.
- POTUS until late January 2009
- Colonial era newspaper writer whose court case helped establish freedom of the press
5 True/False questions
Samuel Adams → Patriot founder of the Sons of Liberty, involved in the Boston Tea Party
Clarence Thomas → Current US POTUS from Chicago, IL (#44)
Nathaniel Bacon → Massachusetts farmer who led a 1786 rebellion that showed how ineffective the Articles of Confederation was
Mike Leach → Former Texas Tech football coach fired by the university for supposedly mistreating receiver Adam James. Leach is currently suing the school for SLANDER and LIBEL.
Nancy Pelosi → Speaker of the US House of Representatives & 1st woman to hold that position