5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Toxin E
- thyphoid fever
- enterohemorrhagic E. coli (EHEC)
- a inflammation of stomach and intestine caused by microorganism or ingestion of toxin- stomach flu
- b caused by salmonella enterrica-serotype typhi-rod, gram neg, flagella-contaminated food or water-high fever 103-104, headache, nausea, pain, diarrhea, cough, constipation.
- c St Louis Enceph- Flavivirus- aseptic meningitis or encephalitis
- d Clostridium in marine sediments- seafood- Pacific NW, Alaska and great lakes.
- e produces enterotoxins
5 Multiple choice questions
- transmitted via food, water, kissing- weightloss, poor appetite, burping, nausea, vomiting- antibiotics, h2 blockers, proton pump, & stomach lining protector drug
- C.botulism, gram +, anaerobic, spore forming rod. produces neurotoxin- 7 serotypes A-G-A,B,E,F= human
- distal limbs, ischemia, artenosclerosis
- bacillialy dysentry- in humans and monkeys- gram neg, non sporing, rod shaped- produces shiga toxin- destroys tissue- dysentry- febrile sezures
- gram +, spore forming
5 True/False questions
during CNS infection (meningitis)... → H. influenza, gram neg, coccobacillus, normal flora of throat-can enter blood stream cause pneumonia, otis media, epiglotidis, meningitis-Resp droplet- IV antibiotics & steroids- 6 serotypes by their capsular polysaccharide.
listeria in pregnancy → microphages hiding from immune system can cross placenta-early onset:infected during pregnancy- late onset: infect during childbirth- treated w/ antibiotics
E. coli and Kleibsiella normally causes meningitis due to? → rapid increase in granulocytes and proteins- CSF becomes trubid
brain and spinal cord are covered w? → antibody-containing serum
salmonellosis → salmonella- enterobacteriacae family- faculative anerobe, rod, gram-neg, non sporing-typhoid fever, food born illness- diarrhea, fever, cramps- contaminated or uncooked food.5-7 days