5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- E. coli and Kleibsiella normally causes meningitis due to?
- Periodontal disease can lead to?
- enterohemorrhagic E. coli (EHEC)
- a vibrio cholerae- watery diarrhea, vomit, leg cramps- gram neg- fac anaerobe- vibroid or rod- chloratoxin and enterotoxin
- b decay, toothloss and systemic infection
- c head injury, brain or spinal injury, sepsis, or nonsocomial infection
- d produces enterotoxins
- e can be fatal- high fever, headache, drowsy, irritable, nausea, vomit, confusion and coma-
5 Multiple choice questions
- Post exposure propilaxis- 5 doses over 28 days
- CMV- human herpes 5- infects monocytes, neutrophils, T-lymphocytes- body 2 body contact- no treatment
- leading cause of diarrhea in US
- Clostridium in marine sediments- seafood- Pacific NW, Alaska and great lakes.
5 True/False questions
Listeria meningitis → aseptic meningitis- mosquitos- no treatment, runs course-bulging of fontanel in infants
enteroinvasive E. coli (EIEC) → diarrhea- produce toxins- fimbrae
Multibacilliary → rabbit fever- francisella tularensis- gram neg bacillus- blood & lymph, no person 2 person, skin abrasion, can lead to sepsis
Balantidium coli → tissue lining heart chambers
most common cause of foodborne illness → bacteria and toxins