5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Infant attachment
- Identity vs. Identity confusion
- The monkeys preferred the cloth mother, even when the wire mother provided food.
- a During the ages of 3-6, which area of the brain undergoes the most rapid growth?
- b Harry Harlow studied monkeys who were raised with 2 "mothers," one make of wire and one of terry cloth. What did he find?
- c Which parenting style is generally associated with the best child outcomes?
- d Erickson's fifth psychological stage, in which adolescents face the challenge of finding out who they are, what they are all about, and where they are going in life.
- e The close emotional bond between an infant and its caregiver.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Understanding that while the shape of an object may change, the mass of the object stays the same is an example of
- A period of rapid skeletal and sexual maturation that occurs mainly in early adolescence.
- A person's ability to recover from or adapt to difficult times.
- During adolescence there are changes in the structure of the brain. Changes in which of the following brain structures are thought to be partially responsible for adolescent behavior?
5 True/False questions
A full-term infant → If a parent insturcts a child to do something because "I said so," this would be an example of an _____parenting style
Piaget → Expert knowledge about the practical aspects of life.
Crystallized intelligence → A person's ability to recover from or adapt to difficult times.
Preoperational stage → Piaget's fourth stage of cognitive development, which begins at age 11-15 and continues throughout the adulthood; it features thinking about things that are not concrete, making predictions, and using logic to some up with hypotheses about thee future.
Emerging adulthood → The transitional period from adolescence to adulthood, spanning approximately 18-25 years of age.