5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Prosocial behavior
- Crystallized intelligence
- A full-term infant
- Neglectful parenting
- a Behavior that is intended to benefit other people.
- b An infant born between 38 and 42 weeks after conception is considered
- c If a parent insturcts a child to do something because "I said so," this would be an example of an _____parenting style
- d A person's knowledge of the working of automobiles is an example of
- e A parenting style characterized by a lack of parental involvement in the child's life.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The ways that infants use their caregiver, usually their mother, as a secure base from which to explore the environment.
- Piaget's fourth stage of cognitive development, which begins at age 11-15 and continues throughout the adulthood; it features thinking about things that are not concrete, making predictions, and using logic to some up with hypotheses about thee future.
- Piage's second stage of cognitive development, lasting from about 2-7 years of age, during which thought is more symbolic than sensorimotor thought.
- A restrictive, punitive style in which the parenst exhorts the child to follow the parent's directions and to value hard work and effort.
- During adolescence there are changes in the structure of the brain. Changes in which of the following brain structures are thought to be partially responsible for adolescent behavior?
5 True/False questions
Androgen → An individual's environmental and social experiences.
reflex → The new born infant's grasping is an example of
Authoritative parenting → A parenting style that encourages the child to be independent but that still places limits and controls on behavior.
Permissive parenting → A parenting style characterized by a lack of parental involvement in the child's life.
Conservation → Decreased responsiveness to a stimulus after repeated presentations