5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Infant attachment
- A fertilized egg
- Permissive parenting
- a Which parenting style is generally associated with the best child outcomes?
- b zygote
- c The main class of male sex hormones
- d The close emotional bond between an infant and its caregiver.
- e A parenting style characterized by the placement of few limits on the child's behavior.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Erickson's last stage of development involves
- During what ages does the concrete operational stage occur?
- A period of rapid skeletal and sexual maturation that occurs mainly in early adolescence.
- A restrictive, punitive style in which the parenst exhorts the child to follow the parent's directions and to value hard work and effort.
- The ways that infants use their caregiver, usually their mother, as a secure base from which to explore the environment.
5 True/False questions
The monkeys preferred the cloth mother, even when the wire mother provided food. → Harry Harlow studied monkeys who were raised with 2 "mothers," one make of wire and one of terry cloth. What did he find?
reflex → The new born infant's grasping is an example of
Resilience → A person's ability to recover from or adapt to difficult times.
Preoperational stage → Piage's second stage of cognitive development, lasting from about 2-7 years of age, during which thought is more symbolic than sensorimotor thought.
Ages 1 and a half- 3 → Erikson's stage of Autonomy vs. Shame occurs during which ages