5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Identity vs. Identity confusion
- Preoperational stage
- Preferential looking
- Identity vs. Identity Confusion
- a A research technique that involves giving an infant a choice of what object to look at.
- b Which socioemotional development stages occurs in adolescence?
- c Erickson's fifth psychological stage, in which adolescents face the challenge of finding out who they are, what they are all about, and where they are going in life.
- d A person's ability to recover from or adapt to difficult times.
- e Piage's second stage of cognitive development, lasting from about 2-7 years of age, during which thought is more symbolic than sensorimotor thought.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A parenting style that encourages the child to be independent but that still places limits and controls on behavior.
- The pattern of continuity and change in human capabilities that occurs throughout life, involving both growth and decline.
- An infant born between 38 and 42 weeks after conception is considered
- Which theorist is most closely associated with the theory of cognitive development?
5 True/False questions
The amygala and the prefrontal cortex → During adolescence there are changes in the structure of the brain. Changes in which of the following brain structures are thought to be partially responsible for adolescent behavior?
Ages 1 and a half- 3 → Many people feel that only girls should play with dolls. This is an example of____
Permissive parenting → A parenting style characterized by the placement of few limits on the child's behavior.
Cellular-clock theory → Which theory of aging states that our cells can only divide about 100 times, which is why humans can only live to about 120?
Two months → In the development of a human when does the fetal period start?