5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Punnett Square
- recombinant DNA
- gender determination
- The moving of fragments of DNA from one organism and inserting them into another organism is ____________.
- What term describes the inyheritance of cystic fibrosis?
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
- b inserting a useful segment of DNA from one organism into a bacterium; an example is the production of growth hormone to treat dwarfism and chemicals to treat cancer
- c recessive genes
- d genetic engineering
- e a handy chart that predicts genetic results
5 Multiple choice questions
- these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
- the study of how traits are inherited through the actions of alleles
- the genetic make-up of an organism
- it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family
- chemicals, x-rays, and radioactive substances
5 True/False questions
What describes the allele that causes color blindness? → recessive genes
dominant factor → a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor
The science that deals with the study of heridity is _____________. → genetics
Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________. → alleles
recessive factor → a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor