5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What term describes the inyheritance of cystic fibrosis?
- gender determination
- recessive genetic disorders
- The science that deals with the study of heridity is _____________.
- a genetics
- b these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
- c the genetic make-up of an organism
- d recessive genes
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the phenotype resulting in a "blended" result; red and white flowers producing a PINK flower, not just only red or white flowers.
- the study of how traits are inherited through the actions of alleles
- sex-linked gene
- the different forms of a gene
5 True/False questions
gene transfer → replacing abnormal genetic material with normal genetic material
mutation → when a gene undergoes a change that results in a trait that is expressed differently
What describes the allele that causes color blindness? → it is carried on the X chromosome
the two aleles for an organism are different (Tt or Nn). This is also known as Hybrid.
Who is the "Father of Genetics"? → chemicals, x-rays, and radioactive substances