5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Punnett Square
- genetic engineering
- dominant factor
- The science that deals with the study of heridity is _____________.
- a a factor that covers up a recessive factor; tall is dominant to short
- b experimenting with biological and chemical methods to change the arrangement of DNA that makes up a gene
- c genetics
- d a handy chart that predicts genetic results
- e the two alleles for an organism are exactly the same (TT or tt). This is also known as Purebred..
5 Multiple choice questions
- recessive genes
- the phenotype resulting in a "blended" result; red and white flowers producing a PINK flower, not just only red or white flowers.
- it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family
- some allele are on the sex chromosomes like color-blindness, which is sexlinked on the X chromosome.
- the genetic make-up of an organism
5 True/False questions
The helpful device for predicting the probabilities of possible genotype is called a ______ ______________. → Punnett Square
chromosome disorder →
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________. → alleles
alleles → the study of how traits are inherited through the actions of alleles
Alternate forms of a gene are called _____________. → alleles