5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- recessive genetic disorders
- Alternate forms of a gene are called _____________.
- some causes of mutations
- The science that deals with the study of heridity is _____________.
- Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________.
- a alleles
- b chemicals, x-rays, and radioactive substances
- c genetics
- d genes
- e these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- when a gene undergoes a change that results in a trait that is expressed differently
- some allele are on the sex chromosomes like color-blindness, which is sexlinked on the X chromosome.
- a handy chart that predicts genetic results
- it is carried on the X chromosome
- sex-linked gene
5 True/False questions
The passing of traits from parents to offspring is called ______________. → phenotype
heredity → the passing of traits from parents to offspring
Who is the "Father of Genetics"? → Gregor Mendel
genotype → The physical trait that shows as a result of a genotype. (TT = tall; Tt = tall; tt = short; YY = yellow; yy = white))
The outward appearance of a trait is a ______________. → phenotype