5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The moving of fragments of DNA from one organism and inserting them into another organism is ____________.
- recessive factor
- a genetic engineering
- b when a gene undergoes a change that results in a trait that is expressed differently
the two aleles for an organism are different (Tt or Nn). This is also known as Hybrid.
- d a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor
- e the different forms of a gene
5 Multiple choice questions
- it is carried on the X chromosome
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
- some allele are on the sex chromosomes like color-blindness, which is sexlinked on the X chromosome.
5 True/False questions
Who is the "Father of Genetics"? → chemicals, x-rays, and radioactive substances
recessive genetic disorders → these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
Alternate forms of a gene are called _____________. → phenotype
The passing of traits from parents to offspring is called ______________. → phenotype
homozygous → the two alleles for an organism are exactly the same (TT or tt). This is also known as Purebred..