5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- gender determination
- Gregor Mendel
- recessive genetic disorders
- Punnett Square
- genetic engineering
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
- b a handy chart that predicts genetic results
- c experimenting with biological and chemical methods to change the arrangement of DNA that makes up a gene
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
- e these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Gregor Mendel
- it is carried on the X chromosome
- a factor that covers up a recessive factor; tall is dominant to short
- the passing of traits from parents to offspring
5 True/False questions
incomplete dominance → when either too many chromosomes or too few chromosomes are inherited by an offspring
homozygous → the two alleles for an organism are exactly the same (TT or tt). This is also known as Purebred..
What term describes the inyheritance of cystic fibrosis? → it is carried on the X chromosome
The outward appearance of a trait is a ______________. → alleles
purebred → it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family