5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Red-green color blindness is a numan genetic disorder caused by a ____________.
- Alternate forms of a gene are called _____________.
- incomplete dominance
- The actual combination of alleles of an organism is its ________________.
- a genotype
- b sex-linked gene
- c alleles
- d the phenotype resulting in a "blended" result; red and white flowers producing a PINK flower, not just only red or white flowers.
- e an organism that always produces the same traits in its offspring
5 Multiple choice questions
- the genetic make-up of an organism
- it is a visual tool for following traits through generations of a family
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
- when a gene undergoes a change that results in a trait that is expressed differently
5 True/False questions
alleles → the different forms of a gene
heterozygous → the two alleles for an organism are exactly the same (TT or tt). This is also known as Purebred..
some causes of mutations → when a gene undergoes a change that results in a trait that is expressed differently
recessive genetic disorders → a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor
Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________. → alleles