5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Human height, eye color, and skin color are all traits controlled by _____________.
- gender determination
- sex-linked gene
- The actual combination of alleles of an organism is its ________________.
- recessive genetic disorders
The female only provides an X chromosome, but the male may fertilize an egg with either an X or Y. If an X fertilizes the egg, then XX or a girl will result. If a Y fertilized the egg, then XY or a boy will result.
- b some allele are on the sex chromosomes like color-blindness, which is sexlinked on the X chromosome.
- c genes
- d genotype
- e these genetic disorders occur when both parents have a recessive allele for a disorder; the parents my be heterozygous and not show any symptoms of a disorder, but if the child inherits a recessive gene from each parent, then the child will have ta recessive genetic disorder like cystic fibrosis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- genetic engineering
- the two alleles for an organism are exactly the same (TT or tt). This is also known as Purebred..
- replacing abnormal genetic material with normal genetic material
5 True/False questions
mutation → the study of how traits are inherited through the actions of alleles
What describes the allele that causes color blindness? → recessive genes
incomplete dominance → inserting a useful segment of DNA from one organism into a bacterium; an example is the production of growth hormone to treat dwarfism and chemicals to treat cancer
Punnett Square → the study of how traits are inherited through the actions of alleles
genetic engineering → experimenting with biological and chemical methods to change the arrangement of DNA that makes up a gene