5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- gene transfer
- The science that deals with the study of heridity is _____________.
- Gregor Mendel
- recessive factor
- a a factor that is covered up by a dominant factor
- b genetics
- c replacing abnormal genetic material with normal genetic material
- d the passing of traits from parents to offspring
He was a monk who was born in Austria in 1822. He experimented with pea plants. He is known as the "Father of Genetics".
5 Multiple choice questions
- The physical trait that shows as a result of a genotype. (TT = tall; Tt = tall; tt = short; YY = yellow; yy = white))
the two aleles for an organism are different (Tt or Nn). This is also known as Hybrid.
- the different forms of a gene
- an organism that always produces the same traits in its offspring
5 True/False questions
The actual combination of alleles of an organism is its ________________. → phenotype
The passing of traits from parents to offspring is called ______________. → heredity
The moving of fragments of DNA from one organism and inserting them into another organism is ____________. → genetic engineering
Punnett Square → a handy chart that predicts genetic results
The outward appearance of a trait is a ______________. → alleles