6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Comprehensive term for earth materials moving down a slope
- With respect to natural hazards refers to the number of people killed, injured, dislocated, made homeless or otherwise damaged by a hazardous event.
- Any natural process that is a potential threat to human life and property.
- Generation of earthquake or seismic waves when rocks under stress fracture and break resulting in displacement along a fault.
- The risk that individuals, society or institutions are willing to take.
- Effects from a natural hazard or disaster that includes donations of money and goods as well as providing shelter for people and paying taxes that will help finance recovery and relief of emotional distress caused by natural hazardous events.
5 True/False questions
hurricane → A period of days of weeks of unusually hot weather. A natural recurring weather phenomenon related to heating of the atmosphere and moving of air masses.
flood → The product of the probability of an event occuring and the consequences should that event occur.
drought → A period of months of more commonly years of unusually dry weather.
volcanic eruption → Extrusion at the surface of earth of molten rock (magma). Maybe be explosive and violent or less enegetic lava flows.
disaster → The product of the probability of an event occuring and the consequences should that event occur.