6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Comprehensive term for earth materials moving down a slope
- Self-sustaining rapid oxidation that releases light, heat, carbon dioxide and other gases as it moves across the landscape. Also known as a fire in the natural environment that maybe initiated by natural processes such as lighting strike or deliberately set by humans.
- Generation of earthquake or seismic waves when rocks under stress fracture and break resulting in displacement along a fault.
- The product of the probability of an event occuring and the consequences should that event occur.
- Effects from a natural hazard or disaster that includes donations of money and goods as well as providing shelter for people and paying taxes that will help finance recovery and relief of emotional distress caused by natural hazardous events.
- Extrusion at the surface of earth of molten rock (magma). Maybe be explosive and violent or less enegetic lava flows.
5 True/False questions
hurricane → A tropical storm with circulation winds in excess of 120km (74 mi) per hour that moves across warm ocean waters of the tropics.
tornado → A series of large ocean waves produced after the ocean water is suddenly disturbed vertically by processes such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, submarine landslides, or the impact of an asteroid or comet.
disaster → The product of the probability of an event occuring and the consequences should that event occur.
drought → A period of months of more commonly years of unusually dry weather.
flood → The product of the probability of an event occuring and the consequences should that event occur.