Terms in this set (8)
Matter and Measurement
- The study of matter and its properties, the changes that matter undergoes, and the energy associated with those changes.
- the physical material of the universe; anything that occupies space and has mass
States of Matter
- has no fixed volume or shape
- conforms to the volume and shape of its container
- has a fixed volume, but no fixed shape
- conforms to the shape of its container
-has a fixed volume and a fixed shape
Plasma 4th state of matter- ionized gas--most rigid of the three
States of Matter
The three states of matter that inter-convert are
Changes in the State of Matter
Start - Cube
Heat ^ Random
Heat ^ Separate
Pure Substance (or Substance)
Matter that has a fixed composition and distinct properties; pure substances contain only one kind of matter
Can always fall into one of these categories
Classification of Substances
- substances that can not be decomposed into simpler substances by chemical means
- composed of two or more elements can be decomposed by chemical means
Hydrogen = element
Can't be decomposed
(Compound) H2O > H2+O2(Elements)
Memorize the symbols and elements up to # 36.... You will use these A LOT!!
Elements which exist naturally as a combination of two atoms.
The 7 diatomic molecules are:
-H2, N2,O2, F2, Cl2, Br2, I2 > Look for the upside down L on the periodic table.
Di = 2
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Chemistry - TEAS Science | PreNursingSmarterPro TEAS Guide
PreAP Chemistry 1st Quiz
Atoms, Elements, Compounds and Mixtures
Phases, Classes and Physical/Chemical Properties
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Electronic Health Records (EHR)
Abbv. Quiz 1
Biology 1330 Final Review