5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The fluidity and portability of watercolor has often lent itself to _____
- A(n)____magnifies faraway objects and collapses the spaces between ordinarily distant objects.
- In works such as her Untitled mixed-media print of Chinese girls, Hung Liu's purpose is to ____
- Alexander Gardner's Home of a Rebel Sharpshooter, Gettysburg is a graphic photo taken during the ___probably from a camera in a wagon known as a _____
- The binding agent that powdered pigment is mixed with to form paint is known as the ___
- a highlight the degradation of previous generations of Chinese women.
- b vehicle
- c United States Civil War; Whatsit
- d telephoto lens
- e rapid sketches and preparatory studies
5 Multiple choice questions
- it is a painstaking and time consuming procedure.
- The Flatiron Building-Evening
- Soft, velvety lines
- metal plates
5 True/False questions
When a camera shutter opens for a few thousandths of a second over and over in a quick succession _____shots are being taken → gesso
Pop artist Roy Lichtenstein's portrait of George Washington is an oil-on canvas image that most resembles a(n) → comic-book hero
____was the principal painting medium during the Byzantine and Romanesque eras of Christian art. → Gouache
A flash or whirl of abrublty changing newspaper headlines meant to indicate the progression of time and events in a film is known as a_____ → montage
The ancient Egyptians and Greeks tinted their sculptures with ____ to give them a lifelike appearance. → encaustic