Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (21)
The life cycle of a cell including growth and reproduction
The process of a cell dividing (reproducing)
The cells formed after a cell division
Condensed form of DNA during cell division
The cells formed after cell division
Long strands of DNA
2 identical copies of a chromosome
Structure that holds the sister chromatids together
A period of cell growth, includes G1, S phase, and G2
The cell grows and replicates it organelles
DNA synthesis (DNA replication occurs)
Process of making a copy of DNA
The cell grows and prepares for cell division
The process of the nucleus dividing. Results in 2 identical cells. 4 phases: Prophase, metaphase, anaphase, and telophase.
A pair of microtubules that aid in cell division. animal cells only.
Fibers that push and pull chromosomes during cell division
1st phase of mitosis.
- Chromatin condenses into chromosomes
- Nuclear membrane breaks down
- Centrioles move to opposite ends of the cell
- Spindle fibers form
2nd phase of mitosis
- Spindles attach to the centromeres
- The chromosomes line up in the middle of the cell
- Sister chromatids are pulled apart to opposite ends of the cell
4th phase of mitosis
- Chromosomes uncoil back to chromatin
- Nuclear membrane reforms
- Centrioles move back to the nucleus
- Spindle fibers disappear
Division of the cytoplasm (occurs at same time as telophase)
- In animals, the cytoplasm pinches in half in a process called cleavage
- In plants, a cell plate forms into a new cell wall.
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
Dominant, Recessive, Alleles
Honors Biology Midterm Review
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Cell Division period 5
Cell Division 4th period
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Grasshopper external anatomy