5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the smallest contractile unit of a muscle fiber.
- What energizes the power stroke?
- Three discrete types of muscle fibers are identified on the basis of their size, speed, and endurance. Which of the following athletic endeavors best represents the use of red fibers?
- What event directly triggers the release of neurotransmitter from the synaptic vesicle in the axon terminal
A) diffusion of K+ into the axonal terminus
B) diffusion of Na+ out of the axonal terminus
C) diffusion of Ca2+ into the axonal terminus
D) diffusion of Na+ into the axonal terminus
- Binding of calcium to calmodulin is a step in excitation-contraction coupling of ________ cells.
A) skeletal muscle
B) smooth muscle
C) cardiac and visceral smooth muscle
D) cardiac muscle
- a hydrolysis of ATP
- b B) smooth muscle
- c diffusion of Ca2+ into the axonal terminus
- d sarcomere
- e a long relaxing swim
5 Multiple choice questions
- aerobic pathway
5 True/False questions
A muscle that is lengthening while it produces tension is performing a(an) ________ contraction.
D) maximal → myoglobin
Skeletal muscle cells have glycosomes → True
The muscle cell membrane is called the ________. → sarcolemma
Skeletal muscle cells contain myoglobin → aerobic pathway
What is the role of tropomyosin in skeletal muscles?
A) Tropomyosin serves as a contraction inhibitor by blocking the actin binding sites on the myosin molecules.
B) Tropomyosin is the chemical that activates the myosin heads.
C) Tropomyosin serves as a contraction inhibitor by blocking the myosin binding sites on the actin molecules.
D)Tropomyosin is the receptor for the motor neuron neurotransmitter. → D) skeletal muscle: voluntary control