6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- aka soft spots- is a space between bones of an infant's cranium that is covered by a tough membrane
- where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.
- a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone
- dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, this procedure measures bone densitrty more accurately than dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.
- occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
6 True/False questions
osteogenic sarcoma → abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
bone marrow aspiration → procedure in which a radioactive substance is injected intravenously and its uptake in bones is measured with a special scanning device
greenstick fracture → a fracture in which only one side of the shaft is broken, and the other is bent
scoliosis → abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
hematopoiesis → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
osteomalacia → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.