6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- aka soft spots- is a space between bones of an infant's cranium that is covered by a tough membrane
- occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
- compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
- a fracture in which only one side of the shaft is broken, and the other is bent
- abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
- AKA "OSTEOSARCOMA" - The most common malignant bone tumor, with common sites being the distal femur, proximal tibia & the proximal humerus
6 True/False questions
epiphysis → The end of a long bone, attached to the shaft
scoliosis → abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
osteoporosis → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
hematopoiesis → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
bone scan → dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, this procedure measures bone densitrty more accurately than dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.
yellow bone marrow → gradually replaces red bone marrow in adult bones, functions as storage for fat tissue and is inactive in formation of blood cells