6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
- procedure in which a radioactive substance is injected intravenously and its uptake in bones is measured with a special scanning device
- dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, this procedure measures bone densitrty more accurately than dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.
- a fracture in which only one side of the shaft is broken, and the other is bent
- process of removing a small sample of bone marrow from a selected site with a needle for the purpose of examining the specimen under a microscope
- occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
6 True/False questions
talipes → clubfoot
hematopoiesis → the process of blood cell formation
osteogenic sarcoma → abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
osteoporosis → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
epiphysis → abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
fontanelles → clubfoot