6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The end of a long bone, attached to the shaft
- predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
- gradually replaces red bone marrow in adult bones, functions as storage for fat tissue and is inactive in formation of blood cells
- abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
- AKA "OSTEOSARCOMA" - The most common malignant bone tumor, with common sites being the distal femur, proximal tibia & the proximal humerus
- the process of blood cell formation
6 True/False questions
complete fracture → occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
bone scan → procedure in which a radioactive substance is injected intravenously and its uptake in bones is measured with a special scanning device
talipes → clubfoot
open fracture → a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone
lordosis → an abnormal inward (forward) curvature of the vertebral column, aka swayback.
DEXA → procedure in which a radioactive substance is injected intravenously and its uptake in bones is measured with a special scanning device