6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The end of a long bone, attached to the shaft
- a fracture in which only one side of the shaft is broken, and the other is bent
- abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
- occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
- an abnormal inward (forward) curvature of the vertebral column, aka swayback.
- process of removing a small sample of bone marrow from a selected site with a needle for the purpose of examining the specimen under a microscope
6 True/False questions
complete fracture → occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
osteomalacia → abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
osteoporosis → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
hematopoiesis → the process of blood cell formation
red marrow → dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, this procedure measures bone densitrty more accurately than dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.
open fracture → a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone