6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- procedure in which a radioactive substance is injected intravenously and its uptake in bones is measured with a special scanning device
- gradually replaces red bone marrow in adult bones, functions as storage for fat tissue and is inactive in formation of blood cells
- compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
- abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
- The end of a long bone, attached to the shaft
- a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone
6 True/False questions
scoliosis → an abnormal inward (forward) curvature of the vertebral column, aka swayback.
osteoporosis → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
DEXA → procedure in which a radioactive substance is injected intravenously and its uptake in bones is measured with a special scanning device
impacted fracture → occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
fontanelles → clubfoot
red marrow → where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.