6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
- AKA "OSTEOSARCOMA" - The most common malignant bone tumor, with common sites being the distal femur, proximal tibia & the proximal humerus
- compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
- gradually replaces red bone marrow in adult bones, functions as storage for fat tissue and is inactive in formation of blood cells
- abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
6 True/False questions
epiphysis → an abnormal inward (forward) curvature of the vertebral column, aka swayback.
complete fracture → compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
red marrow → where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.
impacted fracture → occurs when a direct force caused the bone to break
DEXA → procedure in which a radioactive substance is injected intravenously and its uptake in bones is measured with a special scanning device
bone scan → dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, this procedure measures bone densitrty more accurately than dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.