6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
- dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, this procedure measures bone densitrty more accurately than dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.
- a fracture in which only one side of the shaft is broken, and the other is bent
- where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.
- an abnormal inward (forward) curvature of the vertebral column, aka swayback.
- abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
6 True/False questions
yellow bone marrow → gradually replaces red bone marrow in adult bones, functions as storage for fat tissue and is inactive in formation of blood cells
epiphysis → abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
osteomalacia → predominantly in females; fragile bones, loss of bone density, decreased levels of estrogen and calcium.
osteogenic sarcoma → AKA "OSTEOSARCOMA" - The most common malignant bone tumor, with common sites being the distal femur, proximal tibia & the proximal humerus
fontanelles → aka soft spots- is a space between bones of an infant's cranium that is covered by a tough membrane
impacted fracture → a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone