6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- compound fracture; broken bone with an open wound
- a break that extends through the entire thickness of the bone
- aka soft spots- is a space between bones of an infant's cranium that is covered by a tough membrane
- where blood cell production occurs throughtout one's life.
- AKA "OSTEOSARCOMA" - The most common malignant bone tumor, with common sites being the distal femur, proximal tibia & the proximal humerus
- the process of blood cell formation
6 True/False questions
DEXA → dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry, this procedure measures bone densitrty more accurately than dual photon absorptiometry, takes less time, and emits less radiation to the patient.
scoliosis → abnormal lateral curvature of the spine
greenstick fracture → a fracture in which only one side of the shaft is broken, and the other is bent
osteomalacia → abnormal softening of bones caused by deficiencies of phosphorus or calcium or vitamin D; called Ricketts in children.
talipes → clubfoot
bone scan → an abnormal inward (forward) curvature of the vertebral column, aka swayback.