Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Agile _ 1. Time and Cost Management
Terms in this set (34)
1. Principles realted to Time and Cost Management.
"1. Follow a sustainable process.
2. Deliver a working software frequently.
3. Welcome changing requirements.
4. Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continious delivery of valueable software.
2. Follow a sustainable process.
"Prior to Agile : Lean and TQM.
Environment : Creativity and Motivation.
3. Deliver a working software frequently.
"Consider : Continious improvement.
Work in : Closed timeboxes.
Philosophy : Fail Early, Fail Often.
4. Welcome Changing Requirements
"Attitude : Welcoming attitude towards changes.
Consider : Mutual understanding between customers and the team.
5. What is not fixed in agile.
Scope is not fixed.
6. What can be fixed in agile proj.
Time can be fixed.
7. During the project, what is assessed at a regular basis by teams.
Teams assess and reasses how much work can be completed in a given time frame.
8. Scrum teams work in s________. Explain.
Sprints. Complete all the work on the highest-priority, highest-value requirements first.
9. Scrum teams start product development in ___________ sprint
10. What stays stable....
time boxed sprints stay stable.
11 How are schedules determined.
Determine schedules based on actual development performance in sprints.
12. What type of projects are benefited by Agile.
Fixed schedule, Fixed price projects.
13. How do you manage Time in Agile.
"1. Early Planning - Roadmap and Product Backlog.
2. Detailed Planning for each relase and sprint level.
3. Scrum's team velocity is to fine-tune scheduling.
4. Use Team's velocity to fine tune your scheduling.
14. What is early planning....
High level requirmenets in the product roadmap and the product backlog - can help you get a good idea of the overall schedule.
15. What is detailed planning....
"1. Release planning....
Plan your release based on a specific date,
Plan your release based on a value / specific set of
2. Sprint Planning....
Define the scope of the sprint.
Team estimates the time in hours, breaking down User stories into tasks.
16. What determines the length of the Project.
17. For a project of 1,600,000 budget and you know each week costs 20,000. How will the project run. 1,600,000 / 20,000 = 80 weeks.
18. What are the uses of Velocity.
"Long term scheduling.
19. How do you calculate velocity.
"Total all the story points of all the user stories accepted = Velocity of the sprint.
After few sprints.....Total number of story points completed / Total No of Sprints completed.
Sprint 1 = 15 points.
Sprint 2 = 19 points.
Sprint 3 = 21 points.
Sprint 4 = 25 points.
What is the average velocity.
" (15 + 19 + 21 + 25) / 4 = 20 . Velocity is 20.
21. How do you determine the timeline for a project. "1. Determine the team velocity.
2. Add up the number of story points for the remianing requirements in the product backlog.
3. Determine the number of sprints. (Optimestic, Pessimistic, Likely estimate).
4. Determine the time. "
"22. Determine the timeline for a project with the following facts:
* Team Velocity = 18.
* Total Remaining User stories in the Product Backlog = 306.
" "1. Team Velocity = 18.
2. Total Remaining User stories in PB = 306
3. Determine the total number of sprints = 306 / 18 = 17 Sprints.
4. Determine the sprint length. (8 days). 17 Sprints x 8 days = 36 days.
23. What is the objective of using velocity.
Focus on increasing velocity, by removing constriants.
24. Provide different ways to increase velocity. "1. During the sprint retrospective : Obtain inputs from the team during the sprint retrospective.
1. Avoid Roadblocks
2. Protect the team from distractions.
3. Remove project impediments or roadblocks.
25. For Velocity to be used to determine speed....what factors MUST be considered.
"1. Consistent team members.
2. Consistent Sprint Length.
3. Consistent Work hours.
26. How is Agile Scope managed.
"PO identifies the following:
* Highest priority requirements that fit into a budget or a timeline.
27. The PO and the stakeholders consider all the user stories + new requirements in the Product Backlog to be of a high priority. How will you handle this ?.
"1. Extend the project end date.
2. Increase velocity.
3. Divide the project scope among multiple scrum teams - so that the work is completed simultaniously.
28. You have a specific end date that you must meet - and the scrum team's velocity is NOT Sufficient to complete the most valuable user stories. How will you go about ?.
Create a project team with multiple scrum teams.
29. How will you work with multiple teams.
"1. Break the scope into themes or features or services
2. Understand the dependencies.
3. Assign each theme or function or service.
4. Create an integration team.
5. Synchronize the sprints among the teams
6. All the teams must have the same sprint length
7. All the teams to have a start/end time.
8. Sprint functionality delivered by Task Level teams = Product backlog to-do to integrate by activity level teams.
9. Sprint functionality delivered by Activity Level teams = Product backlog to-do to integrate by Function level Teams.
10. Sprint functionality delivered by Function Level teams = Product backlog to-do to integrate by Product level Teams.
11. Require Daily Scrum-of-Scrums.
12. Require Joint Sprint Retrospectives. "
"30. Create an initial Budget.
1. Team Velocity is 23 points.
2. Total User points of the remaining user stories in PB = 350.
3. Three developers : Don, Peddy, Bob (80,70,70)
4. One Tester - Mike (65)
5. One SM - Joban (95)
6. One PO - Venz (120)
" Refer to the Pic
31. What other costs will you add...
Hardware Costs, Software Costs, Tools Costs, Software Licensing Costs, Hosting Costs, Training Costs, Travel Costs.
32. How can you lower your costs.
"1. Increasing Velocity.
2. Reducing Time : Not complete lower-priority requirements => lowering no of sprints.
33. What is Capital redployment.
Moving the budget from one projec to another.
34. To determine if the project can stop what info do you need ?.
"V - Value of reamining requirements.
AC - Actual Cost of the work it will take to complete the requirements in the PB
OC - Opportunity Cost, Value of having the scrum team work on a new project.
35. When should the project stop.
V < AC + OC.
"36. A Company is running an agile project...
V is 100,000
AC is 120,000
OC is 150,000
" "Formula : if V < AC + OC, then end the project.
Is ......100,000 < 120,000 + 150,000...
False...so End the project.
Sets with similar terms
ISOM 3010 - Module/Class 8
Operations Management Tests
Project management chapter 3 + 4
MW PSM 1 Study 2017 (51-100)
Other sets by this creator
Coaching_Book#2_R.Davis_LSidley_#2.1 Agile Coachin…
1.3 Introduction to Agile - Agile Principles
1.3 Introduction to Agile - Agile Values
1.2. Introduction to Agile - Agile Basic Introduct…
Other Quizlet sets
Latin Vocab 1.2 (Learning Vocab 1G)
cell individual and community final