Terms in this set (50)
Consternation and distress (anxiety), typically that caused by something unexpected.
A person's inherent (built in) qualities of mind and character. 2. An inclination or tendency.
Characterized by a constant change, activity, or progress.
To lose significance, power, or prominence in relation to another person or thing.
Becoming apparent, important, or prominent.
Famous and respected within a particular sphere or profession.
Occupy, attract, or involve (someone's internet or attention). 2. (Engage someone in) Cause someone to become involved in (a conversation or discussion) 3. (engage in ) Participate or become involved in.
Absorb all the attention or interest of.
Extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.
Develop gradually, especially from a simple to a more complex form.
1. Cause a sever loss in the dignity of and respect for someone or something.
1. Show or represent.
1. Cause (something) to occur in a particular way; be the decisive factor. 2. Ascertain or establish exactly, typically as a result of research or calculation.
1. Entirely lacking or free from.
1. Recognize or ascertain what makes (someone or something) different. 2. (differentiate between) identify differences between. 3. Make (someone or something) appear different or distinct. 4. Make or become different in the process of growth or development.
1. Spread out over a large area; not concentrated.
1. Leave the main subject temporarily in speech or writing.
1. Make or become less.
1. A lack of compatibility or similarity between two or more facts.
1. Willing or positive about an action, belief, or attitude. 2. (Dis) unwilling or negative about something.
1. Having or showing a feeling of superiority.
1. Following continuously. 2. In unbroken or logical sequence.
1. An outline, especially one of representing or bounding the shape or form of something.
1. Decrease in size, number, or range.
1. Be in conflict with.
1. Have a mutual relationship or connection.
1. A direct or natural consequence or result.
1. Expressing adverse or disappearing comments or judgements. 2. Expressing or involving an analysis of the merits and faults of a work of literature, music, or art. 3. Involving the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgement. 4. (of a situation of problem) having the potential to become disastrous; at the point of a crisis.
1. Large or heavy and therefore difficult to carry or use. 2. Slow or complicated and therefore inefficient.
1. The amount by which something is too small.
1. Stick completely to a surface or substance. 2. Believe in or follow the practices of.
1. Not friendly or forthcoming. 2. Cool and distant.
1. Open to more than one interpretation. 2. Having a double meaning.
1. Examine in detail, typicaly for purpose of explanation and interpretation.
1. A short and amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
1. Cause someone to become hostile.
1. Regard as proable. 2. Expect or predict.
1. Anxious or fearful that something bad will happen.
1. Mysterious or secret.
1. State a fact or belief confidently and forcefully.
1. Evaluate or estimate the nature, ability, or quality of.
1. Regard something as being caused by someone or something.
1. Endure an ordeal or difficulty.
1. (of something bad) happen to someone.
1. Begin to grow or increase rapidly. 2. Flourish.
1. Logical and consistent.
1. Concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
1. Make up for something unwelcome or unpleasant by exerting an opposite force of effect.
1. A thing that completes or brings a perfection to a larger whole.
1. Write or create. 2. Constitute. 3. Make up.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Academic Word Lists - AWL Sublists
Word of the Day #1-60
All of English vocab
Vocab for English 11
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Talk About Chores and Responsibilities, Plan a Party
Spanish, Describing a house in Spanish
Spanish test study guide
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
ACT 1 - 20