5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Neuronal Cell Body
- Axon Hillock
- -40mv and -90mv
- a region of the cell body from which the axon generates
- b site of the nucleus and most important metabolic area
- c K+ moves out of the cell causing the membrane potential to move in a negative direction.
- d neuron serving as part of the conduction pathway between sensory and motor neurons; association neurons
- e What is the resting membrane potential in a human?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Difference in electrical charge across the plasma membrane. The membrane would be POLARIZED.
- insulates the nerve fibers
- specialized supporting cells in the CNS
- What period is it during repolarization, the membrane may be stimulated if a very strong stimulus is used?
- a bundle of nerve processes
5 True/False questions
Bipolar Neuron → one axon and one dendrite
Satellite Cells → Phagocytize and destroy microorganisms, foreign matter, and dead nervous tissue
PNS - Peripheral Nervous System → the brain and spinal cord collectively
Threshold Stimulus → The amt of stimulus needed to create an action potential. NA+ rushes into the cell increasing the number of positive ions inside the cell and changing the membrane polarity
Axon → impulse generator and transmitter