5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Schwann Cells
- Unipolar Neuron
- Resting membrane potential
- Bipolar Neuron
- a Difference in electrical charge across the plasma membrane. The membrane would be POLARIZED.
- b the PNS glial cell that forms myelin
- c one single process leading away from the soma; afferent neurons are unipolar
- d one axon and one dendrite
- e neuron serving as part of the conduction pathway between sensory and motor neurons; association neurons
5 Multiple choice questions
- a chemical released at the distal end of an axon that stimulates an adjacent cell; found in the synaptic vesicles of the axon terminal; initiates electrical current from one neuron to the next by diffusing across the synaptic cleft
- a bundle of nerve processes
- binds groups of fibers together to form bundles
- What is the name of the velocity of the action potential along a neural membrane?
- Form the myelin in the brain and spinal cord
5 True/False questions
Satellite Cells → the PNS glial cell that surrounds the dorsal root ganglion neurons
-70 mv → What is the resting membrane potential of a frog?
Relative Refractory period → What period is it during repolarization, the membrane may be stimulated if a very strong stimulus is used?
Curae → What toxin blocks synaptic transmission by preventing the flow of neural impulses from neuron to neuron?
Ependymal Cells → Phagocytize and destroy microorganisms, foreign matter, and dead nervous tissue