5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Efferent Neuron
- PNS - Peripheral Nervous System
- Mixed Nerve
- Axon Terminal
- a junction or point of close contact between neurons
- b nerves carrying both sensory and motor fibers
- c a neuron that conducts impulses away form the CNS to muscles and glands; motor neurons
- d Ganglia and spinal and cranial nerves
- e secretes neurotransmitters
5 Multiple choice questions
- Line cavities of the brain and spinal cord; secrete and circulate cerebrospinal fluid
- a bundle of nerve processes
- The cumulation of action potential of all neurons in a nerve
- What is the resting membrane potential of a frog?
- binds groups of fibers together to form bundles
5 True/False questions
deep pressure, cold temperature → Name a couple of physical factors that can inhibit a nerve impulse.
Sodium Potassium Pumps → How does the membrane maintain the difference in electrical charge established by diffusion of ions?
Ganglion → collection of nerve cell bodies found outside the CNS
CNS - Central Nervous System → the brain and spinal cord collectively
larger the nerve the faster the conduction velocity, myelinated nerves are faster than unmyelinated nerves → The cumulation of action potential of all neurons in a nerve