5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mixed Nerve
- CNS - Central Nervous System
- deep pressure, cold temperature
- a the brain and spinal cord collectively
- b Name a couple of physical factors that can inhibit a nerve impulse.
- c nerves carrying both sensory and motor fibers
- d neuron serving as part of the conduction pathway between sensory and motor neurons; association neurons
- e The membrane has become more negative than resting potential. Until the channels close.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is the relationship between myelination and size and conduction velocity?
- binds groups of fibers together to form bundles
- receptive region of a neuron
- essentially rough endoplasmic reticulum, important metabolically
- K+ moves out of the cell causing the membrane potential to move in a negative direction.
5 True/False questions
Nuclei → a bundle of nerve processes
Curae → What toxin blocks synaptic transmission by preventing the flow of neural impulses from neuron to neuron?
Ganglion → impulse generator and transmitter
Threshold Stimulus → The amt of stimulus needed to create an action potential. NA+ rushes into the cell increasing the number of positive ions inside the cell and changing the membrane polarity
Nerve impulse → a cordlike organ of the PNS composed of multiple nerve fibers ensheathed in connective tissue