5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Absolute Refractory Period
- Axon Hillock
- Compound nerve action potential
- Schwann Cells
- a The cumulation of action potential of all neurons in a nerve
- b the PNS glial cell that forms myelin
- c What toxin blocks synaptic transmission by preventing the flow of neural impulses from neuron to neuron?
- d What period is it when the sodium ion channels are open, the membrane is totally insensitive to additional stimuli, regardless of the force of the stimulus?
- e region of the cell body from which the axon generates
5 Multiple choice questions
- The interior surface fo the membrane becomes less negative and the exterior surface becomes less positive
- What is the name of the velocity of the action potential along a neural membrane?
- What is the resting membrane potential in a human?
- a neuron that conducts impulses away form the CNS to muscles and glands; motor neurons
- insulates the nerve fibers
5 True/False questions
CNS - Central Nervous System → Ganglia and spinal and cranial nerves
Synapse → junction or point of close contact between neurons
Conductivity → the ability to transmit an impulse
Ganglion → impulse generator and transmitter
Axon → collection of nerve cell bodies found outside the CNS