5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Conduction Velocity
- Absolute Refractory Period
- Sodium Potassium Pumps
- a How does the membrane maintain the difference in electrical charge established by diffusion of ions?
- b binds all of the fascicles together
- c What is the name of the velocity of the action potential along a neural membrane?
- d What period is it when the sodium ion channels are open, the membrane is totally insensitive to additional stimuli, regardless of the force of the stimulus?
- e neuron serving as part of the conduction pathway between sensory and motor neurons; association neurons
5 Multiple choice questions
- the PNS glial cell that forms myelin
- impulse generator and transmitter
- The interior surface fo the membrane becomes less negative and the exterior surface becomes less positive
- What is the relationship between myelination and size and conduction velocity?
- a neuron that conducts impulses away form the CNS to muscles and glands; motor neurons
5 True/False questions
Myelin Sheath → binds groups of fibers together to form bundles
Nuclei → a cordlike organ of the PNS composed of multiple nerve fibers ensheathed in connective tissue
Dendrite → receptive region of a neuron
Mixed Nerve → nerves carrying both sensory and motor fibers
Neuronal Cell Body → Line cavities of the brain and spinal cord; secrete and circulate cerebrospinal fluid