5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Resting membrane potential
- Relative Refractory period
- Satellite Cells
- a may be involved in the transport of substances within the neuron
- b the PNS glial cell that surrounds the dorsal root ganglion neurons
- c What period is it during repolarization, the membrane may be stimulated if a very strong stimulus is used?
- d Difference in electrical charge across the plasma membrane. The membrane would be POLARIZED.
- e Form the supportive framework for the nervous tissue; contact and stimulate blood capillaries; convert blood glucose; secret proteins; regulate chemical composition of tissue fluid
5 Multiple choice questions
- a cordlike organ of the PNS composed of multiple nerve fibers ensheathed in connective tissue
- binds groups of fibers together to form bundles
- carry signals toward the CNS from the body periphery; sensory neurons
- Ganglia and spinal and cranial nerves
- Phagocytize and destroy microorganisms, foreign matter, and dead nervous tissue
5 True/False questions
Repolarization → The interior surface fo the membrane becomes less negative and the exterior surface becomes less positive
-70 mv → What is the resting membrane potential of a frog?
Multipolar Neuron → one axon and multiple dendrites; efferent neurons and interneurons are multipolar
Axon Terminal → secretes neurotransmitters
Synapse → junction or point of close contact between neurons