5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- -40mv and -90mv
- CNS - Central Nervous System
- Nerve impulse
- a the brain and spinal cord collectively
- b junction or point of close contact between neurons
- c What is the resting membrane potential in a human?
- d surrounds each nerve fiber
- e Another name for the action potential in neurons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- insulates the nerve fibers
- one single process leading away from the soma; afferent neurons are unipolar
- What toxin blocks synaptic transmission by preventing the flow of neural impulses from neuron to neuron?
- the PNS glial cell that forms myelin
- one axon and one dendrite
5 True/False questions
deep pressure, cold temperature → The amt of stimulus needed to create an action potential. NA+ rushes into the cell increasing the number of positive ions inside the cell and changing the membrane polarity
Axon Hillock → secretes neurotransmitters
Efferent Neuron → a neuron that conducts impulses away form the CNS to muscles and glands; motor neurons
Interneuron → one axon and one dendrite
Depolarization → The interior surface fo the membrane becomes less negative and the exterior surface becomes less positive