5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Efferent Neuron
- -40mv and -90mv
- deep pressure, cold temperature
- Multipolar Neuron
- a What is the resting membrane potential in a human?
- b a neuron that conducts impulses away form the CNS to muscles and glands; motor neurons
- c The interior surface fo the membrane becomes less negative and the exterior surface becomes less positive
- d Name a couple of physical factors that can inhibit a nerve impulse.
- e one axon and multiple dendrites; efferent neurons and interneurons are multipolar
5 Multiple choice questions
- a cordlike organ of the PNS composed of multiple nerve fibers ensheathed in connective tissue
- Phagocytize and destroy microorganisms, foreign matter, and dead nervous tissue
- binds groups of fibers together to form bundles
- What is the resting membrane potential of a frog?
- a chemical released at the distal end of an axon that stimulates an adjacent cell; found in the synaptic vesicles of the axon terminal; initiates electrical current from one neuron to the next by diffusing across the synaptic cleft
5 True/False questions
Mixed Nerve → a cordlike organ of the PNS composed of multiple nerve fibers ensheathed in connective tissue
Nissl Bodies → essentially rough endoplasmic reticulum, important metabolically
Axon Terminal → region of the cell body from which the axon generates
Unipolar Neuron → one single process leading away from the soma; afferent neurons are unipolar
Resting membrane potential → The cumulation of action potential of all neurons in a nerve