5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nerve impulse
- deep pressure, cold temperature
- larger the nerve the faster the conduction velocity, myelinated nerves are faster than unmyelinated nerves
- Neuronal Cell Body
- a Name a couple of physical factors that can inhibit a nerve impulse.
- b site of the nucleus and most important metabolic area
- c The membrane has become more negative than resting potential. Until the channels close.
- d What is the relationship between myelination and size and conduction velocity?
- e Another name for the action potential in neurons.
5 Multiple choice questions
- How does the membrane maintain the difference in electrical charge established by diffusion of ions?
- a bundle of nerve processes
- one axon and multiple dendrites; efferent neurons and interneurons are multipolar
- one axon and one dendrite
- Ganglia and spinal and cranial nerves
5 True/False questions
Absolute Refractory Period → What period is it when the sodium ion channels are open, the membrane is totally insensitive to additional stimuli, regardless of the force of the stimulus?
Threshold Stimulus → The amt of stimulus needed to create an action potential. NA+ rushes into the cell increasing the number of positive ions inside the cell and changing the membrane polarity
Resting membrane potential → Difference in electrical charge across the plasma membrane. The membrane would be POLARIZED.
-40mv and -90mv → What is the resting membrane potential in a human?
Ependymal Cells → Line cavities of the brain and spinal cord; secrete and circulate cerebrospinal fluid