5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- CNS - Central Nervous System
- Myelin Sheath
- Ependymal Cells
- a Line cavities of the brain and spinal cord; secrete and circulate cerebrospinal fluid
- b a bundle of nerve processes
- c The interior surface fo the membrane becomes less negative and the exterior surface becomes less positive
- d the brain and spinal cord collectively
- e insulates the nerve fibers
5 Multiple choice questions
- impulse generator and transmitter
- carry signals toward the CNS from the body periphery; sensory neurons
- Another name for the action potential in neurons.
- What is the relationship between myelination and size and conduction velocity?
- What toxin blocks synaptic transmission by preventing the flow of neural impulses from neuron to neuron?
5 True/False questions
Axon Terminal → secretes neurotransmitters
Microglial Cells → Line cavities of the brain and spinal cord; secrete and circulate cerebrospinal fluid
deep pressure, cold temperature → Name a couple of physical factors that can inhibit a nerve impulse.
Endoneurium → surrounds each nerve fiber
Interneuron → one axon and one dendrite