5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- NOT: associative learning.
- The parent was spanked as a child and their child also needs strong discipline.
- learned helplessness
- All of these: -
It influences the degree to which classical and operant conditioning are used.
-It influences the degree to which observational learning is used.
- It can determine the content of learning.
- a Pavlov's dog learned to anticipate food whenever he was presented with stimuli associated with food. Pavlov knew that his dog associated specific stimuli with food because the ________ was elicited by the stimuli.
- b Little Millie covers her ears every time she sees a flash of lightening during a storm. This reaction demonstrates
- c If, through experience, you come to the conclusion that all things are beyond your control and therefore you should not even try, you are exhibiting
- d Which of the following is the response most parents give when asked why they physically punish their children?
- e How does culture influence human learning
5 Multiple choice questions
- Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
- Your sorority sister is a pre-law student. After reading about the importance of control over aversive events, she decides that pop quizzes can cause physical harm and should be banned as students have no control over when they will occur. Her position has some merit because
- A squirrel eats an acorn, just as it does every day, but this time the acorn makes the squirrel sick. The squirrel then avoids acorns for more than a month. This avoidance behavior is
- You are surprised to discover that classical conditioning can produce immunosuppression. The original discovery of this phenomenon involved rats, but more recent studies indicate that immunosuppression may also occur in humans. This means that
- Which of the following is an example of an innate UCS-UCR connection?
5 True/False questions
Thorndike → Which of the following is a primary reinforcer?
generalization. → Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
the Law of Effect. → Who used puzzle boxes to examine the power of consequences in determining voluntary behavior?
immunosuppression. → Studies by Ader and Cohen revealed that classical conditioning can produce
associative learning → Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of