5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- learned helplessness
- All of these: -
It influences the degree to which classical and operant conditioning are used.
-It influences the degree to which observational learning is used.
- It can determine the content of learning.
- a Some bears kept in captivity allow veterinarians to routinely give them total body checkups. These bears open their mouths for teeth cleaning and present their paws for nail clipping. Your friend wonders how anyone could ever get these dangerous animals to be so cooperative without anesthesia. From your study of psychology, you quickly surmise that the bears have undergone an extensive ________ program.
- b Which of the following is a primary reinforcer?
- c If, through experience, you come to the conclusion that all things are beyond your control and therefore you should not even try, you are exhibiting
- d Mark's dog, Gus, sits whenever Mark says, "Sit." Mark now wants to teach Gus a new trick. He wants to teach him to bark every time he says, "Speak," but whenever Mark says, "Speak," Gus just sits. The dog's behavior is an example of
- e How does culture influence human learning
5 Multiple choice questions
- Little Millie covers her ears every time she sees a flash of lightening during a storm. This reaction demonstrates
- Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of
- What principles of learning do behavior modification programs rely on in order to help people change?
- Your sorority sister is a pre-law student. After reading about the importance of control over aversive events, she decides that pop quizzes can cause physical harm and should be banned as students have no control over when they will occur. Her position has some merit because
- Which of the following behaviors indicate learning?
5 True/False questions
secondary → A reinforcer that acquires its positive value through experience is a(n) ________ reinforcer.
NOT: association. → What principles of learning do behavior modification programs rely on in order to help people change?
Natalie approaching the board → As Natalie, who has extremely long nails, approaches the chalkboard, many of her classmates cover their ears. What represents the conditioned stimulus?
Preparedness → ________ is the species specific biological predisposition to learn in certain ways but not others.
NOT: conditioned response → Little Millie covers her ears every time she sees a flash of lightening during a storm. This reaction demonstrates