5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The parent was spanked as a child and their child also needs strong discipline.
- NOT: classical
- uncontrolled negative events can lower immune system functioning
- NOT: associative learning.
- a Little Millie covers her ears every time she sees a flash of lightening during a storm. This reaction demonstrates
- b Which of the following is the response most parents give when asked why they physically punish their children?
- c Pavlov's dog learned to anticipate food whenever he was presented with stimuli associated with food. Pavlov knew that his dog associated specific stimuli with food because the ________ was elicited by the stimuli.
- d What principles of learning do behavior modification programs rely on in order to help people change?
- e Your sorority sister is a pre-law student. After reading about the importance of control over aversive events, she decides that pop quizzes can cause physical harm and should be banned as students have no control over when they will occur. Her position has some merit because
5 Multiple choice questions
- How does culture influence human learning
- As Natalie, who has extremely long nails, approaches the chalkboard, many of her classmates cover their ears. What represents the conditioned stimulus?
- If, through experience, you come to the conclusion that all things are beyond your control and therefore you should not even try, you are exhibiting
- A squirrel eats an acorn, just as it does every day, but this time the acorn makes the squirrel sick. The squirrel then avoids acorns for more than a month. This avoidance behavior is
- You are surprised to discover that classical conditioning can produce immunosuppression. The original discovery of this phenomenon involved rats, but more recent studies indicate that immunosuppression may also occur in humans. This means that
5 True/False questions
candy → Pavlov's dog learned to anticipate food whenever he was presented with stimuli associated with food. Pavlov knew that his dog associated specific stimuli with food because the ________ was elicited by the stimuli.
the Law of Effect. → Who used puzzle boxes to examine the power of consequences in determining voluntary behavior?
shaping → On the way home from work, you decide to explore a side street that you have passed on several occasions. You are surprised to find that it runs parallel to the expressway. Several weeks later, there is a major accident on your usual travel route so you take this alternate route home. This is an example of ________ learning
Preparedness → ________ is the species specific biological predisposition to learn in certain ways but not others.
Simon whines whenever he wants something → Which of the following behaviors indicate learning?