5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- NOT: conditioned response
- NOT: part of the reconditioning process
- NOT: environmental triggers may be able to circumvent our biological preparedness
- a Pavlov's dog salivated each time food was presented. Salivation in this situation was the
- b A squirrel eats an acorn, just as it does every day, but this time the acorn makes the squirrel sick. The squirrel then avoids acorns for more than a month. This avoidance behavior is
- c Ronald, a recovering alcoholic, has not had a drink in seven months. He has stopped visiting all of his regular bars and has lost his craving for alcohol. When his boss invites him out to "his favorite" bar one day after work, Ronald gets an overwhelming desire to have a drink. What is Ronald demonstrating?
- d ________ is the species specific biological predisposition to learn in certain ways but not others.
- e You are surprised to discover that classical conditioning can produce immunosuppression. The original discovery of this phenomenon involved rats, but more recent studies indicate that immunosuppression may also occur in humans. This means that
5 Multiple choice questions
- How does culture influence human learning
- If, through experience, you come to the conclusion that all things are beyond your control and therefore you should not even try, you are exhibiting
- Who used puzzle boxes to examine the power of consequences in determining voluntary behavior?
- Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
- Pavlov's dog learned to anticipate food whenever he was presented with stimuli associated with food. Pavlov knew that his dog associated specific stimuli with food because the ________ was elicited by the stimuli.
5 True/False questions
shaping → Some bears kept in captivity allow veterinarians to routinely give them total body checkups. These bears open their mouths for teeth cleaning and present their paws for nail clipping. Your friend wonders how anyone could ever get these dangerous animals to be so cooperative without anesthesia. From your study of psychology, you quickly surmise that the bears have undergone an extensive ________ program.
Simon whines whenever he wants something → Which of the following is an example of an innate UCS-UCR connection?
NOT: associative learning. → Little Millie covers her ears every time she sees a flash of lightening during a storm. This reaction demonstrates
generalization. → Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
The parent was spanked as a child and their child also needs strong discipline. → Which of the following behaviors indicate learning?