5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The parent was spanked as a child and their child also needs strong discipline.
- associative learning
- a Which of the following is a primary reinforcer?
- b A reinforcer that acquires its positive value through experience is a(n) ________ reinforcer.
- c Anticipating a scary event whenever eerie music is played in a movie is a function of
- d Pavlov's dog learned to anticipate food whenever he was presented with stimuli associated with food. Pavlov knew that his dog associated specific stimuli with food because the ________ was elicited by the stimuli.
- e Which of the following is the response most parents give when asked why they physically punish their children?
5 Multiple choice questions
- On the way home from work, you decide to explore a side street that you have passed on several occasions. You are surprised to find that it runs parallel to the expressway. Several weeks later, there is a major accident on your usual travel route so you take this alternate route home. This is an example of ________ learning
- A squirrel eats an acorn, just as it does every day, but this time the acorn makes the squirrel sick. The squirrel then avoids acorns for more than a month. This avoidance behavior is
- If, through experience, you come to the conclusion that all things are beyond your control and therefore you should not even try, you are exhibiting
- Mark's dog, Gus, sits whenever Mark says, "Sit." Mark now wants to teach Gus a new trick. He wants to teach him to bark every time he says, "Speak," but whenever Mark says, "Speak," Gus just sits. The dog's behavior is an example of
- Who used puzzle boxes to examine the power of consequences in determining voluntary behavior?
5 True/False questions
immunosuppression. → Studies by Ader and Cohen revealed that classical conditioning can produce
NOT: environmental triggers may be able to circumvent our biological preparedness → You are surprised to discover that classical conditioning can produce immunosuppression. The original discovery of this phenomenon involved rats, but more recent studies indicate that immunosuppression may also occur in humans. This means that
NOT: classical → Being able to predict the occurrence of one stimulus by the presence of another one is called
uncontrolled negative events can lower immune system functioning → Which of the following behaviors indicate learning?
Simon whines whenever he wants something → Which of the following behaviors indicate learning?