5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If a sea slug on repeated occasions receives an electric shock just after being squirted with water, its protective withdrawal response to a squirt of water grows stronger. This best illustrates
- An executive in a computer software firm works with his office door closed. At the same time every hour he opens the door to see what his employees are doing. The employees have learned to work especially hard during the five minutes before and while the door is open. Their work pattern is typical of responses that are reinforced on a ________ schedule.
- For purposes of effective child-rearing, most psychologists favor the use of
- After he was spanked on several occasions for spilling his milk at a restaurant, Colin became afraid to go to the restaurant. In this case, spanking was a(n) ________ for Colin's fear.
- Mason, a stockbroker, runs two miles every day after work because it reduces his level of stress. Mason's running habit is maintained by a ________ reinforcer.
- a reinforcement over punishment
- b fixed-interval
- c negative
- d Associative learning
- e unconditioned stimulus
5 Multiple choice questions
- Observational learning
- Classical conditioning
- CS; UCS
- sweating in hot weather
5 True/False questions
Every Saturday morning, Arnold quickly washes the family's breakfast dishes so that his father will allow him to wash his car. In this instance, washing the car is a(n) → sweating in hot weather
Purchasing state lottery tickets is reinforced with monetary winnings on a ________ schedule → primary reinforcer; secondary reinforcer
Toddlers taught to fear speeding cars may also begin to fear speeding trucks and motorcycles. This best illustrates → generalization
Alex learned how to make 3-point basketball shots by successfully making very short shots before shooting from increasingly longer distances from the hoop. This learning strategy best illustrates the process of → Associative learning
Blake is a carpet installer who wants to be paid for each square foot of carpet he lays rather than with an hourly wage. Blake prefers working on a ________ schedule of reinforcement. → fixed-interval