5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The removal of electric shock is to the receipt of money as ________ is to ________.
- After he was spanked on several occasions for spilling his milk at a restaurant, Colin became afraid to go to the restaurant. In this case, spanking was a(n) ________ for Colin's fear.
- Mason, a stockbroker, runs two miles every day after work because it reduces his level of stress. Mason's running habit is maintained by a ________ reinforcer.
- Toddlers taught to fear speeding cars may also begin to fear speeding trucks and motorcycles. This best illustrates
- Extinction occurs when a ________ is no longer paired with a ________.
- a negative
- b primary reinforcer; secondary reinforcer
- c unconditioned stimulus
- d generalization
- e CS; UCS
5 Multiple choice questions
- retrieve sticks and balls
- Associative learning
- sweating in hot weather
5 True/False questions
Five-year-old Trevor is emotionally disturbed and refuses to communicate with anyone. To get him to speak, his teacher initially gives him candy for any utterance, then only for a clearly spoken word, and finally only for a complete sentence. The teacher is using the method of → Shaping
Blake is a carpet installer who wants to be paid for each square foot of carpet he lays rather than with an hourly wage. Blake prefers working on a ________ schedule of reinforcement. → fixed-interval
Pets who learn that the sound of an electric can opener signals the arrival of their food illustrate → Classical conditioning
Alex learned how to make 3-point basketball shots by successfully making very short shots before shooting from increasingly longer distances from the hoop. This learning strategy best illustrates the process of → shaping
After one chimpanzee sees a second chimp open a box that contains a food reward, the first animal opens a similar box with great speed. This best illustrates → unconditioned stimulus