5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Blake is a carpet installer who wants to be paid for each square foot of carpet he lays rather than with an hourly wage. Blake prefers working on a ________ schedule of reinforcement.
- Dogs conditioned to salivate to stimulation of the thigh also begin to salivate when stimulated on other body parts. This best illustrates
- Extinction occurs when a ________ is no longer paired with a ________.
- If a sea slug on repeated occasions receives an electric shock just after being squirted with water, its protective withdrawal response to a squirt of water grows stronger. This best illustrates
- Mason, a stockbroker, runs two miles every day after work because it reduces his level of stress. Mason's running habit is maintained by a ________ reinforcer.
- a fixed-ratio
- b generalization
- c CS; UCS
- d negative
- e Associative learning
5 Multiple choice questions
- unconditioned stimulus
- reinforcement over punishment
- positive reinforcer
5 True/False questions
Which of the following is an unconditioned response? → sweating in hot weather
Toddlers taught to fear speeding cars may also begin to fear speeding trucks and motorcycles. This best illustrates → generalization
Purchasing state lottery tickets is reinforced with monetary winnings on a ________ schedule → variable-ratio
Five-year-old Trevor is emotionally disturbed and refuses to communicate with anyone. To get him to speak, his teacher initially gives him candy for any utterance, then only for a clearly spoken word, and finally only for a complete sentence. The teacher is using the method of → Shaping
You would be most likely to use operant conditioning to teach a dog to → retrieve sticks and balls