5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following is an unconditioned response?
- Blake is a carpet installer who wants to be paid for each square foot of carpet he lays rather than with an hourly wage. Blake prefers working on a ________ schedule of reinforcement.
- Alex learned how to make 3-point basketball shots by successfully making very short shots before shooting from increasingly longer distances from the hoop. This learning strategy best illustrates the process of
- Dogs conditioned to salivate to stimulation of the thigh also begin to salivate when stimulated on other body parts. This best illustrates
- The removal of electric shock is to the receipt of money as ________ is to ________.
- a shaping
- b generalization
- c primary reinforcer; secondary reinforcer
- d fixed-ratio
- e sweating in hot weather
5 Multiple choice questions
- retrieve sticks and balls
- Classical conditioning
- the presentation of food in the dog's mouth
- positive reinforcer
5 True/False questions
After he was spanked on several occasions for spilling his milk at a restaurant, Colin became afraid to go to the restaurant. In this case, spanking was a(n) ________ for Colin's fear. → Associative learning
Extinction occurs when a ________ is no longer paired with a ________. → CS; UCS
After one chimpanzee sees a second chimp open a box that contains a food reward, the first animal opens a similar box with great speed. This best illustrates → Observational learning
Toddlers taught to fear speeding cars may also begin to fear speeding trucks and motorcycles. This best illustrates → retrieve sticks and balls
If a sea slug on repeated occasions receives an electric shock just after being squirted with water, its protective withdrawal response to a squirt of water grows stronger. This best illustrates → Associative learning