5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Liberal Democrats
- vanguard of the revolution
- cultural heterogeneity in Russia
- a a group of revolutionary leaders who could provoke a revolution in non-capitalist Russia
- b A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
- c Third-largest party in Russia, and the most controversial... They are anti-semitic, and want to nuke Japan.
- d Russian diversity increased as Russia expanded its borders. Very diverse
- e The group of around a dozen men who ran the country, They were the heart and soul of the Communist Party.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Stalin's ambitious goals for production in heavy industry
- Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
- China's version of communism; it shares Marx's vision of equality and cooperation, but believes strongly in preserving China's peasant-based economy.
- The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.
- Members of the Russian aristocracy
5 True/False questions
glasnost → Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
Vladimir Zhirinovsky → Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
collective farms → The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
Gennady Zyuganov → Leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation
market-based socialism → The communist political ideology that gave legitimacy to the rule of the Communist Party. It combined Marxism with Lenin's democratic centralism