5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Vladimir Lenin
- head of state
- Peter the Great
- a Gorbachev's economic reform that transferred many economic powers from the central government to private hands and the market economy.
- b Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
- c President, this is a strong position in the Russian Government.
- d Russian Tsar from 17th and 18th Centuries who was the first "Westernizer." Tried to modernize Russia on the western model
- e The communist political ideology that gave legitimacy to the rule of the Communist Party. It combined Marxism with Lenin's democratic centralism
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of 300 party leaders that met twice a year.
- Speech given by Krushchev in which he unveils a letter written by Lenin critical of Stalin's policies, particularly the purges
- A powerful CPSU head
- The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.
- St. Petersburg under Tsar Peter the Great, city on the Baltic Sea
5 True/False questions
Mikhail Gorbachev → Final Party Secretary for the Communist Party before the Russian Federation.
Federation Council → The upper legislative house. It was originally filled by governors and regional heads, but now the governors pick the council members. This was done in conjunction with the President being able to appoint the governors. It is made up of two members from each of the 89 administrative districts.
Boris Yeltsin → First President of the Russian Federation and former Soviet Politburo member
asymmetric federalism → rule by a few for the good of the many
Decembrist Revolt → Speech given by Krushchev in which he unveils a letter written by Lenin critical of Stalin's policies, particularly the purges