5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Window on the West
- United Russia Party
- Vladimir Zhirinovsky
- a The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
- b Leader of the Liberal Democrats
- c Founded as a merger of parties to support Putin after his election in 2000. (created in April, 2001). It is the major party in the Russian Federation.
- d St. Petersburg under Tsar Peter the Great, city on the Baltic Sea
- e The communist political ideology that gave legitimacy to the rule of the Communist Party. It combined Marxism with Lenin's democratic centralism
5 Multiple choice questions
- Government with regional and centralized components.
- Russians would rather have a strong state to protect them over civil liberties
- Started by Lenin in 1920, it allowed for private ownership under centralized leadership.
- Army led by former Russian military leaders in the 1918 Civil War. They were supported by the Allied Powers.
- Lenin's communist group that seized power in 1917.
5 True/False questions
Stalinism → The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.
CPRF → A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
BRIC → criminal conspiracy, organized crime
state corporatism → Government control of organizations, the government is "channeling" the voice of the people. Interest groups are controlled by the government.
Yabloko → The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.