5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Five Year Plans
- collective farms
- Peter the Great
- a The Central State Planning Committee, the nerve-center for the economy
- b The largest cleavage point in the Russian Federation, This is due to the fact that Russian territory covers so much and such diverse geography
- c Russian Tsar from 17th and 18th Centuries who was the first "Westernizer." Tried to modernize Russia on the western model
- d Stalin's ambitious goals for production in heavy industry
- e Large farms owned and run by the state
5 Multiple choice questions
- An emphasis on freedom of speech and press started by Gorbachev
- Final Party Secretary for the Communist Party before the Russian Federation.
- Popularly-elected lower house of the legislature
- Rule by a few. In Russia these few control the majority of the economy.
- Orders from the President or leader.
5 True/False questions
cultural heterogeneity in Russia → Russian diversity increased as Russia expanded its borders. Very diverse
Federation Council → Russian Tsar from 17th and 18th Centuries who was the first "Westernizer." Tried to modernize Russia on the western model
civil society in Russia → Russians did not generally have a lot of privacy free of state control, unlike the West. There are a limited number of private organizations.
Mensheviks → Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
Slavophile → "lover of Slavs," tradition leads to pride in Slavic customs etc.