5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Economic Policy
- Boris Berezovsky
- a Russian who became a rich Oligarch by buying up Russian industries after the fall of Communism and the beginning of "shock therapy." He was exiled by the Russian government.
- b Started by Lenin in 1920, it allowed for private ownership under centralized leadership.
- c Gorbachev's economic reform that transferred many economic powers from the central government to private hands and the market economy.
- d Led by Martov, they were communists who broke off from Lenin at the turn of the 20th century. They were generally for a larger group of revolutionaries than were the Bolsheviks.
- e Peasants who resisted Stalinism
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of 300 party leaders that met twice a year.
- Helped build Russia into a great empire. They took control of Poland.
- Revolt by workers in 1825 resulting from frustration in the working class. It was crushed by Tsar Nicholas I
- Large farms owned and run by the state
- People receive the same, regardless of work or effort. Russians dislike inequality in wealth or income
5 True/False questions
Gosplan → Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
bolsheviks → Lenin's communist group that seized power in 1917.
near abroad → An emphasis on freedom of speech and press started by Gorbachev
Dmitri Medvedev → Current president of the Russian Federation
cultural heterogeneity in Russia → Russians did not generally have a lot of privacy free of state control, unlike the West. There are a limited number of private organizations.