5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Confederation of Independent States
- head of state
- a An organization that weakly unites the fifteen former republics of the Soviet Union.
- b President, this is a strong position in the Russian Government.
- c allocation of power throughout various political, social, and economic institutions
- d The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
- e Russians who want to follow the Western Model. Ex: Peter the Great
5 Multiple choice questions
- The group of around a dozen men who ran the country, They were the heart and soul of the Communist Party.
- The ownership of private property and the market mechanism are replaced with the allocation of resources by the state bureaucracy.
- Gorbachev's economic reform that transferred many economic powers from the central government to private hands and the market economy.
- Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
- First President of the Russian Federation and former Soviet Politburo member
5 True/False questions
Gorbachev's three-pronged reform plan → Gorbachev planned to save the country through his programs of glasnost, democratization, and perestroika
tsars → Orders from the President or leader.
decrees → Orders from the President or leader.
Constitutional Court → The judicial branch of the Russian Federation created by the Constitution of 1993. It is made up of nineteen members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Federation Council. It is in charge of making sure laws are constitutional.
Marxism-Leninism → The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.