5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Central Committee
- proportional representation in Russia
- head of state
- a A group of 300 party leaders that met twice a year.
- b A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
- c Russia's lower house, the Duma, is elected only on party lists, and parties can only get seats if they receive 7% or more of the national votes.
- d President, this is a strong position in the Russian Government.
- e Orders from the President or leader.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War
- An organization that weakly unites the fifteen former republics of the Soviet Union.
- The ownership of private property and the market mechanism are replaced with the allocation of resources by the state bureaucracy.
- The judicial branch of the Russian Federation created by the Constitution of 1993. It is made up of nineteen members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Federation Council. It is in charge of making sure laws are constitutional.
- Rule by a few. In Russia these few control the majority of the economy.
5 True/False questions
conflict in Chechnya → The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
secret speech → Speech given by Krushchev in which he unveils a letter written by Lenin critical of Stalin's policies, particularly the purges
Dmitri Medvedev → Current president of the Russian Federation
Vladimir Lenin → Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
democratic centralism → Some regions are more powerful than others, so power is devolved unequally across the country.