5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Federation Council
- Five Year Plans
- asymmetric federalism
- a Some regions are more powerful than others, so power is devolved unequally across the country.
- b Stalin's ambitious goals for production in heavy industry
- c Complete and invasive form of rule (control all aspects of life)
- d Lenin's communist group that seized power in 1917.
- e The upper legislative house. It was originally filled by governors and regional heads, but now the governors pick the council members. This was done in conjunction with the President being able to appoint the governors. It is made up of two members from each of the 89 administrative districts.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Russia's lower house, the Duma, is elected only on party lists, and parties can only get seats if they receive 7% or more of the national votes.
- A group of 300 party leaders that met twice a year.
- Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
- The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
- An emphasis on freedom of speech and press started by Gorbachev
5 True/False questions
mafia → China's version of communism; it shares Marx's vision of equality and cooperation, but believes strongly in preserving China's peasant-based economy.
Dmitri Medvedev → Current president of the Russian Federation
collectivization → The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
bourgeoisie → Orders from the President or leader.
Constitution of 1993 → Created the publicly-elected office of President, held in check by the Duma. It created a three-branch government. It is a semipresidential system and has a Constitutional Court