5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Constitutional Court
- Peter the Great
- a Russian Tsar from 17th and 18th Centuries who was the first "Westernizer." Tried to modernize Russia on the western model
- b The judicial branch of the Russian Federation created by the Constitution of 1993. It is made up of nineteen members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Federation Council. It is in charge of making sure laws are constitutional.
- c Popularly-elected lower house of the legislature
- d The largest cleavage point in the Russian Federation, This is due to the fact that Russian territory covers so much and such diverse geography
- e "lover of Slavs," tradition leads to pride in Slavic customs etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Revolt by workers in 1825 resulting from frustration in the working class. It was crushed by Tsar Nicholas I
- Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
- Members of the Russian aristocracy
- Led by Martov, they were communists who broke off from Lenin at the turn of the 20th century. They were generally for a larger group of revolutionaries than were the Bolsheviks.
- China's version of communism; it shares Marx's vision of equality and cooperation, but believes strongly in preserving China's peasant-based economy.
5 True/False questions
Central Committee → The ownership of private property and the market mechanism are replaced with the allocation of resources by the state bureaucracy.
federal government structure → Prime Minister
collectivization → The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
head of government → Prime Minister
civil society in Russia → Russians did not generally have a lot of privacy free of state control, unlike the West. There are a limited number of private organizations.