5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- vanguard of the revolution
- Catherine the Great
- Alexander Lebed
- a A prominent former general who gathered a following before the 1996 election and had to be courted by Yeltsin so that Boris could remain President.
- b Helped build Russia into a great empire. They took control of Poland.
- c a group of revolutionary leaders who could provoke a revolution in non-capitalist Russia
- d The communist political ideology that gave legitimacy to the rule of the Communist Party. It combined Marxism with Lenin's democratic centralism
- e Orders from the President or leader.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Led by Martov, they were communists who broke off from Lenin at the turn of the 20th century. They were generally for a larger group of revolutionaries than were the Bolsheviks.
- The group of around a dozen men who ran the country, They were the heart and soul of the Communist Party.
- the process of filling influential jobs in the state, society, or the economy with people approved and chosen by the Communist Party.
- Started by Lenin in 1920, it allowed for private ownership under centralized leadership.
- An organization that weakly unites the fifteen former republics of the Soviet Union.
5 True/False questions
Decembrist Revolt → Orders from the President or leader.
glasnost → The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
CPRF → A term coined by economist Goldman Sachs in 2001 for the fast-growing economies of Brazil, Russia, India and China. They held a summit in June, 2009.
The Communist Manifesto → Complete and invasive form of rule (control all aspects of life)
BRIC → The Communist Party of the Russian Federation, it is the second-strongest party. The party emphasizes centralized planning and nationalism, and implies an intention to regain territories lost when the Soviet Union broke apart.