5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cultural heterogeneity in Russia
- Window on the West
- Gorbachev's three-pronged reform plan
- a Russian diversity increased as Russia expanded its borders. Very diverse
- b Owners of the factories and other means of production
- c St. Petersburg under Tsar Peter the Great, city on the Baltic Sea
- d Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
- e Gorbachev planned to save the country through his programs of glasnost, democratization, and perestroika
5 Multiple choice questions
- "lover of Slavs," tradition leads to pride in Slavic customs etc.
- Helped build Russia into a great empire. They took control of Poland.
- allocation of power throughout various political, social, and economic institutions
- Members of the Russian aristocracy
- Peasants who resisted Stalinism
5 True/False questions
Boris Yeltsin → First President of the Russian Federation and former Soviet Politburo member
Gosplan → The Communist Party of the Russian Federation, it is the second-strongest party. The party emphasizes centralized planning and nationalism, and implies an intention to regain territories lost when the Soviet Union broke apart.
democratic centralism → rule by a few for the good of the many
Westerner → Russians who want to follow the Western Model. Ex: Peter the Great
Marxism-Leninism → The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.