5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Five Year Plans
- market-based socialism
- Vladimir Putin
- a Allowing a significant infusion of capitalism into the socialist system.
- b Second president of the Russian Federation, although he stepped down after his second term, he remains an influence through his position as PM
- c Stalin's ambitious goals for production in heavy industry
- d the process of filling influential jobs in the state, society, or the economy with people approved and chosen by the Communist Party.
- e The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
5 Multiple choice questions
- Led by Martov, they were communists who broke off from Lenin at the turn of the 20th century. They were generally for a larger group of revolutionaries than were the Bolsheviks.
- Revolt by workers in 1825 resulting from frustration in the working class. It was crushed by Tsar Nicholas I
- Orders from the President or leader.
- The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
- The upper legislative house. It was originally filled by governors and regional heads, but now the governors pick the council members. This was done in conjunction with the President being able to appoint the governors. It is made up of two members from each of the 89 administrative districts.
5 True/False questions
nationality → Rule by a few. In Russia these few control the majority of the economy.
Mikhail Gorbachev → Final Party Secretary for the Communist Party before the Russian Federation.
Boris Yeltsin → First President of the Russian Federation and former Soviet Politburo member
conflict in Chechnya → The collecting of private industry under government ownership and control
Liberal Democrats → A powerful CPSU head