5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- White Army
- Five Year Plans
- Constitutional Court
- a Regional assemblies started by Tsar Alexander II
- b Stalin's ambitious goals for production in heavy industry
- c Started by Krushchev's secret speech, this was a process that led to reforms such as loosening government censorship of the press, decentralization of economic decision-making, and restructuring of the collective farms.
- d The judicial branch of the Russian Federation created by the Constitution of 1993. It is made up of nineteen members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Federation Council. It is in charge of making sure laws are constitutional.
- e Army led by former Russian military leaders in the 1918 Civil War. They were supported by the Allied Powers.
5 Multiple choice questions
- China's version of communism; it shares Marx's vision of equality and cooperation, but believes strongly in preserving China's peasant-based economy.
- The group of around a dozen men who ran the country, They were the heart and soul of the Communist Party.
- Peasants who resisted Stalinism
- Helped build Russia into a great empire. They took control of Poland.
- The communist political ideology that gave legitimacy to the rule of the Communist Party. It combined Marxism with Lenin's democratic centralism
5 True/False questions
Peter the Great → Russians who want to follow the Western Model. Ex: Peter the Great
Crimean War → Russians who want to follow the Western Model. Ex: Peter the Great
Alexander Lebed → A prominent former general who gathered a following before the 1996 election and had to be courted by Yeltsin so that Boris could remain President.
The Communist Manifesto → Book written by Karl Marx stating his interpretation of history and vision for the future. He saw capitalism as an economic system that exploited workers and increased the gap between rich and poor. Believed eventually in a proletariat revolution
asymmetric federalism → Some regions are more powerful than others, so power is devolved unequally across the country.