5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Economic Policy
- secret speech
- Constitutional Court
- a The largest cleavage point in the Russian Federation, This is due to the fact that Russian territory covers so much and such diverse geography
- b The ideas of communism created by Karl Marx. It predicted the demise of the capitalist West.
- c Started by Lenin in 1920, it allowed for private ownership under centralized leadership.
- d The judicial branch of the Russian Federation created by the Constitution of 1993. It is made up of nineteen members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Federation Council. It is in charge of making sure laws are constitutional.
- e Speech given by Krushchev in which he unveils a letter written by Lenin critical of Stalin's policies, particularly the purges
5 Multiple choice questions
- President, this is a strong position in the Russian Government.
- criminal conspiracy, organized crime
- Party secretary following Stalin's demise. He started the process of de-Stalinization.
- Lenin's communist group that seized power in 1917.
- Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War
5 True/False questions
United Russia Party → Founded as a merger of parties to support Putin after his election in 2000. (created in April, 2001). It is the major party in the Russian Federation.
general secretary → A powerful CPSU head
Boris Berezovsky → Russian who became a rich Oligarch by buying up Russian industries after the fall of Communism and the beginning of "shock therapy." He was exiled by the Russian government.
The Communist Manifesto → Revolt by workers in 1825 resulting from frustration in the working class. It was crushed by Tsar Nicholas I
decrees → Orders from the President or leader.