5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- New Economic Policy
- asymmetric federalism
- state corporatism
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- central planning
- a Government control of organizations, the government is "channeling" the voice of the people. Interest groups are controlled by the government.
- b Some regions are more powerful than others, so power is devolved unequally across the country.
- c Started by Lenin in 1920, it allowed for private ownership under centralized leadership.
- d The ownership of private property and the market mechanism are replaced with the allocation of resources by the state bureaucracy.
- e Final Party Secretary for the Communist Party before the Russian Federation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Orders from the President or leader.
- A powerful CPSU head
- Leader of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation
- Leader of the Liberal Democrats
- Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
5 True/False questions
politburo → Members of the Russian aristocracy
United Russia Party → Communist forces led by Lenin in the 1918 Civil War
oligarchy → Rule by a few. In Russia these few control the majority of the economy.
Marxism → China's version of communism; it shares Marx's vision of equality and cooperation, but believes strongly in preserving China's peasant-based economy.
Slavophile → "lover of Slavs," tradition leads to pride in Slavic customs etc.