5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Boris Berezovsky
- Vladimir Zhirinovsky
- statism in Russia
- secret speech
- a "lover of Slavs," tradition leads to pride in Slavic customs etc.
- b Speech given by Krushchev in which he unveils a letter written by Lenin critical of Stalin's policies, particularly the purges
- c Russian who became a rich Oligarch by buying up Russian industries after the fall of Communism and the beginning of "shock therapy." He was exiled by the Russian government.
- d Leader of the Liberal Democrats
- e Russians would rather have a strong state to protect them over civil liberties
5 Multiple choice questions
- Helped build Russia into a great empire. They took control of Poland.
- Founded as a merger of parties to support Putin after his election in 2000. (created in April, 2001). It is the major party in the Russian Federation.
- Russians who want to follow the Western Model. Ex: Peter the Great
- A powerful CPSU head
- The two-pronged program of collectivization and industrialization. Executed with force and brutality by central planning
5 True/False questions
Vladimir Lenin → Original leader of the Bolsheviks and first ruler of Communist Russia
Yabloko → The reformist party that best stands for pro-democracy. Led by Grigori Yavlinski, it does best with the intellectuals.
near abroad → Those foreign countries that are close to Russia, particularly former Warsaw Pact and USSR members.
Marxism → Historic autocratic rulers of Russia
Window on the West → Russian Tsar from 17th and 18th Centuries who was the first "Westernizer." Tried to modernize Russia on the western model