5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Marie Antoinette
- Civil Code/Napoleonic Code
- Declaration of Pillnitz
- a the promise by Austria and Prussia to protect the French monarchy
- b composed of one legislative body
- c cancels the ''birth'' factor of jobs(just b/c you weren't born in 1st class doesn't mean you can't run for office anymore)
- d don't think they need any type of government at all; they want Louis dead
- e King Louis' wife, austrian, loathed by the country. very oblivious. "Hamlet of Marie Antionette"
5 Multiple choice questions
- Built many cultural aspects, very famous for Versailles. Part of the Bourbon family...ladies man
- favoring extreme changes, especially in politics and government
- required enrollment into the military
- Form of government which followed the directory -established by Napoleon-ended when Napoleon was crowned emperor.
- This was a political party within the National Convention named because the people that made up this party sat on the highest benches in the assembly hall. These people were the activists within the Convention. The Mountain worried that the Girondists would become conservative because of their already moderate beliefs. Although they were in competition with each other, the Mountain eventually won due to their alliance with the Sans-Culottes, resulting in a more radical group of people. The mountains believed in equal outcome.
5 True/False questions
Continental system → Napoleon's policy of preventing trade between Great Britain and continental Europe, intended to destroy Great Britain's economy.
Plebescite → Expression of the people's will by direct ballot
Committee of Public Safety → officially (violently) marks the beginning of the French revolution
Estates-General → composed of two legislative bodies
Tennis Court Oath → in the French Revolution, a radical group made up of Parisian wage-earners, and small shopkeepers who wanted a greater voice in government, lower prices, and an end of food shortages