5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Civil Code/Napoleonic Code
- Committee of Public Safety
- National Convention
- a a person who believes government power, particularly in the economy, should be limited in order to maximize individual freedom
- b willing to accept Louis as a constitutional monarch
- c cancels the ''birth'' factor of jobs(just b/c you weren't born in 1st class doesn't mean you can't run for office anymore)
- d The meeting of party delegates every four years to choose a presidential ticket and write the party's platform.
- e 12 members, led by Robespierre; 2 primary duties: 1. defend France from those who would seek to stop the revolution.. 2. create a ''republic of virtue''
5 Multiple choice questions
- ruler of france from 1799-1815; made many promises to France that he would fix all their problems, almost like a dictatorship. he takes advantage of the open slot for a leader that France has
- in the French Revolution, a radical group made up of Parisian wage-earners, and small shopkeepers who wanted a greater voice in government, lower prices, and an end of food shortages
- a new type of killing system created by Dr.Guillotine, nothing has turned around for them so this is what they turned too
- a vast panic that spread quickly through France in 1789; peasant rebellions bacame part of the Great Fear; citizens, fearing invasion by foreign troops that would support the French monarchy, formed militias
- spread word that EVERY possible thing that could go wrong was Louis fault. National assembly wants him to shut up, so he hid in the sewers and developed nasty skin condition
5 True/False questions
Directory → 5 co directors
Bourgesoisie → talented, educated, skilled middle class men. some want to participate in government but cannot because they are not born into nobility
"The Mountain" → This was a political party within the National Convention named because the people that made up this party sat on the highest benches in the assembly hall. These people were the activists within the Convention. The Mountain worried that the Girondists would become conservative because of their already moderate beliefs. Although they were in competition with each other, the Mountain eventually won due to their alliance with the Sans-Culottes, resulting in a more radical group of people. The mountains believed in equal outcome.
Olympe de Gouge → Expression of the people's will by direct ballot
Louis XIV → Louis XIV's grandson, remembered for being a very lazy king. Got france involved in many religious wars, he ran the country dry from the lavish lifestyle he was living