5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- "Old Regime"
- National Convention
- a composed of two legislative bodies
- b form of government in which the leader has absolute power and authority
- c the political and social system that existed in France before the French Revolution
- d 5 co directors
- e The meeting of party delegates every four years to choose a presidential ticket and write the party's platform.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Louis XIV's grandson, remembered for being a very lazy king. Got france involved in many religious wars, he ran the country dry from the lavish lifestyle he was living
- willing to accept Louis as a constitutional monarch
- a vast panic that spread quickly through France in 1789; peasant rebellions bacame part of the Great Fear; citizens, fearing invasion by foreign troops that would support the French monarchy, formed militias
- didn't have a side, could be either Jacobin or Girondist
- favoring extreme changes, especially in politics and government
5 True/False questions
M. Robespierre → Expression of the people's will by direct ballot
conservative → Form of government which followed the directory -established by Napoleon-ended when Napoleon was crowned emperor.
Louis XVIII → brought France back to rule
"The Mountain" → This was a political party within the National Convention named because the people that made up this party sat on the highest benches in the assembly hall. These people were the activists within the Convention. The Mountain worried that the Girondists would become conservative because of their already moderate beliefs. Although they were in competition with each other, the Mountain eventually won due to their alliance with the Sans-Culottes, resulting in a more radical group of people. The mountains believed in equal outcome.
Electors → members of a party chosen in each state to formally elect the president and vice president