5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- "The Mountain"
- Marie Antoinette
- Reign of Terror
- Louis XIV
- Charlotte Corday
- a Built many cultural aspects, very famous for Versailles. Part of the Bourbon family...ladies man
- b King Louis' wife, austrian, loathed by the country. very oblivious. "Hamlet of Marie Antionette"
- c This was a political party within the National Convention named because the people that made up this party sat on the highest benches in the assembly hall. These people were the activists within the Convention. The Mountain worried that the Girondists would become conservative because of their already moderate beliefs. Although they were in competition with each other, the Mountain eventually won due to their alliance with the Sans-Culottes, resulting in a more radical group of people. The mountains believed in equal outcome.
- d July 1793-1794; neighbor turns on neighbor; anything said turns against oneself and usually ends up getting them guillotined. most people killed were from the 3rd estate
- e assassinated Jean-Paul Marat b/c she is convinced that the Jacobins are destroying France
5 Multiple choice questions
- the political and social system that existed in France before the French Revolution
- land tax on peasants/second class (anybody but 1st class)
- liberty, equality, fraternity
- don't think they need any type of government at all; they want Louis dead
- Delegates of the third estate made an oath not to disband until the National Assembly had drafted a constitution
5 True/False questions
Estates-General → composed of two legislative bodies
Girondists → willing to accept Louis as a constitutional monarch
National Assembly → French Revolutionary assembly (1789-1791). Called first as the Estates General, the three estates came together and demanded radical change. It passed the Declaration of the Rights of Man in 1789. (p. 585)
Alexander I (of Russia) → sided with Napoleon against the British
M. Robespierre → "man that can do no wrong" "incorruptible", incredible speaking skills, most virtuous man alive, drove the revolution off the cliff. after passed was questioned to be mentally ill