5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a flowering plant that produces seeds within a fruit.
- b Grow in the tropics
- c one of the ring or rings of the usually brightly colored, leaf- shaped parts of a flower.
- d a rootlike structure in nonvascular plants that holds the plants in place & helps plants get water & nutrients.
- e in a flower, one of the outer most rings of modified leaves that protect the flower bud.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a woody,vascular seed plant whose seeds are not enclosed by an ovary or fruit.
- a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.
- a horizontal, underground stem that produces new leaves, shoots, & roots.
- 2 groups of seedless plants
- The largest group
5 True/False questions
ovary → in flowering plants, the lower part of a pistil that produces eggs in ovules.
nonvascular plant → the three groups of plants (liveworts, hornworts,&mosses) that lack specialized conducting tissues & true roots, stems,&leaves.
pollen → the tissue that conducts food in vascular plants.
pistil → one of the ring or rings of the usually brightly colored, leaf- shaped parts of a flower.
stamen → the tiny granules that contain the male gametophyte of seed plants.