5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Nonvascular & Vascular Plants
- a a rootlike structure in nonvascular plants that holds the plants in place & helps plants get water & nutrients.
- b 2 groups of seedless plants
- c a flowering plant that produces seeds within a fruit.
- d the tiny granules that contain the male gametophyte of seed plants.
- e a woody,vascular seed plant whose seeds are not enclosed by an ovary or fruit.
5 Multiple choice questions
- in a flower, one of the outer most rings of modified leaves that protect the flower bud.
- the female reproductive part of a flower that produces seeds & consists of an ovary, style,& stigma.
- a horizontal, underground stem that produces new leaves, shoots, & roots.
- one of the ring or rings of the usually brightly colored, leaf- shaped parts of a flower.
- Only one living species
5 True/False questions
nonvascular plant → the three groups of plants (liveworts, hornworts,&mosses) that lack specialized conducting tissues & true roots, stems,&leaves.
Gnetophytes → Shrubs that grow in dry areas
xylem → the type of tissue in vascular plants that provides support & conducts water & nutrients from the roots.
ovary → Grow in the tropics
phloem → the type of tissue in vascular plants that provides support & conducts water & nutrients from the roots.