5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a the tiny granules that contain the male gametophyte of seed plants.
- b Grow in the tropics
- c in a flower, one of the outer most rings of modified leaves that protect the flower bud.
- d a flowering plant that produces seeds within a fruit.
- e the female reproductive part of a flower that produces seeds & consists of an ovary, style,& stigma.
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of the ring or rings of the usually brightly colored, leaf- shaped parts of a flower.
- Only one living species
- the three groups of plants (liveworts, hornworts,&mosses) that lack specialized conducting tissues & true roots, stems,&leaves.
- The largest group
- the type of tissue in vascular plants that provides support & conducts water & nutrients from the roots.
5 True/False questions
vascular plant → a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.
ovary → in flowering plants, the lower part of a pistil that produces eggs in ovules.
stamen → the tiny granules that contain the male gametophyte of seed plants.
gymnosperm → a flowering plant that produces seeds within a fruit.
rhizome → a rootlike structure in nonvascular plants that holds the plants in place & helps plants get water & nutrients.