5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following pressures vary throughout the normal breathing cycle?
- How is airway resistance (Raw) computed?
- What is called the "functional unit of the lungs"?
- What causes air to move in or out of the lungs while keeping the lungs in an inflated state?
- Which of the following is the function of the surfactant?
- a Pressure gradients
- b Lower surface tension
- c Change in pressure/flow [ PEEP-Plateau/flow]
- d acinus
- e I and IV: alveolar pressure (P alv) pleural pressure (P pl)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Midclavicular line
- Anatomical dead space
- Type II (surfactant)
- I and II: Norepinephrine, Acetylcholine
5 True/False questions
Circulating epinephrine is the only natural mechanism for sympathetic bronchodilation in humans? → True
What is rather unique regarding the blood supply to the lung? → That systemic arterial blood can never have the same partial pressure of oxygen as the alveolar gas
The intercostal arteries, veins, and nerves run through which of the following? → II and IV: delivers unoxygenated blood to the lungs, originates on the right side of the heart
What is the normal CL? → 0.2 L/cm H2O
Which group of cells engulfs microorganisms and foreign material in the alveolus? → Type I