REAL-370 Ch. 22
Ch. 22 Test Problems
Terms in this set (10)
1. A lease in which the tenant pays a rent based in part on the sales of the tenant's business is known as a:
a. Percentage lease
2. When the tenant pays a base rent plus some or all of the operating expenses of a property, the result is a:
b. Net lease
3. Existing leases:
b. Must be considered more carefully when valuing a multi-tenant office building than valuing an apartment complex.
4. With an expense stop clause:
b. The landlord is responsible for operating expenses up to a specified level, above which increase in operating expenses become the obligation of the tenant based on the tenant's leasable square footage.
5. As a tenant, you wish to turn over all rights and responsibilities of your unexpired lease term to a new tenant. By doing so, you are:
c. Assigning your leasehold interest.
6. Lease provisions that grant the tenant the right, but not the obligation, to do something generally result in:
b. A higher base rent.
7. The tenant is responsible for paying property taxes and insurance in a:
c. Net-net lease.
8. Which of the following statements regarding tenant improvements (TIs) is the least true in the context of commercial real estate leases?
b. Tenants can generally negotiate higher TIs for existing space than for space in a newly developed project.
9. In shopping center leases, rents are typically quoted on the basis of what type of area occupied by the tenant?
a. Gross leasable area.
10. The typical anchor tenant in a neighborhood shopping center is a:
d. Grocery store.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
REE Ch 22
Ree3043 Chapter 22
FIN 3351 Test 3
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
REAL-370 Ch. 19
REAL-370 Ch. 20
REAL-370 Ch. 21
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
RE CH 16