5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Anonymous Righteousness
- a Which gospel is the shortest and often thought of be the earliest gospel written?
- b which gospel contains the high priestly prayer?
- c in the sermon on the mount, what is the common feature of Jesus' teaching regarding prayer, almsgiving and fasting
- d who were the first people to see the risen Christ?
- e what name means "accuser" or "adversary" in Hebrew
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which Israelite covenant most directly contributed to 1st century messianic expectation? where is it located?
- Hellenization refers to the spread of which ancient culture?
- Which Jewish sect was the most influential among the common people of Israel in the 1st century?
- The authorship of which synoptic gospel is traditionally ascribed to an apostle?
- Before whom did Jesus stand trial?
5 True/False questions
All 4 → Which gospels narrate the triumphal entry
now jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written so that you may believe that jesus is the christ, the son of God and that by believing this you may have life in his name → john 1:14
Apocalyptic → Near the end of the synoptic gospel's, Jesus talks about things to come using elaborate, cataclysmic imagery such as the moon turning to blood.. what is this kind of speech called?
Incarnation → what name means "accuser" or "adversary" in Hebrew
Rahab, tamar, ruth, mary → who made up Jesus' inner circle?