5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Holy spirit
- Caiaphus, Herod, Pilate
- Anonymous Righteousness
- Luke 6
- a which passage contains the list of blessings and woes that opens the "sermon on the plain"
- b in the sermon on the mount, what is the common feature of Jesus' teaching regarding prayer, almsgiving and fasting
- c Before whom did Jesus stand trial?
- d the word paraclete means helper is and is primarily used to refer to whom?
- e Hellenization refers to the spread of which ancient culture?
5 Multiple choice questions
- which gospels narrate the temptation of Jesus
- Which city did Jesus weep over
- Are the four gospels historical documents or theological documents?
- which Jewish sect did not believe in resurrection, angels or spirits?
- Near the end of the synoptic gospel's, Jesus talks about things to come using elaborate, cataclysmic imagery such as the moon turning to blood.. what is this kind of speech called?
5 True/False questions
Mark → what name means "accuser" or "adversary" in Hebrew
Peter, James, John → Which Jewish sect was the most influential among the common people of Israel in the 1st century?
Rahab, tamar, ruth, mary → who made up Jesus' inner circle?
Galilee → According to Mark 8, following Jesus means sacrificing one's _____
Rome → In the 1st century, Israel was a province of which ancient Empire?