5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Davidic, 2 samuel 7
- a what genre are the gospels?
- b what name means "accuser" or "adversary" in Hebrew
- c In the 1st century, Israel was a province of which ancient Empire?
- d Which Israelite covenant most directly contributed to 1st century messianic expectation? where is it located?
- e which gospel is most strongly directed towards jewish readers and focuses on Jesus as the fulfillment of the Old Testament?
5 Multiple choice questions
- what is the name of the doctrine that God became a human being and "assumed flesh" in Jesus of Nazareth
- know the 7 signs of John
- which Gospels narrate the transfiguration
- where is the verse "the son of Ma came not to be served, but to serve and give his life as a ransom for many" found?
- At the transfiguration, Jesus spoke with which two OT figures?
5 True/False questions
Jerusalem → Which city did Jesus weep over
Essenes → Which Jewish sect lived in the wilderness and practiced a radical ascetic lifestyle?
Sadducees → In the synoptic gospels, in which region did Jesus' ministry begin and in which region does it end?
Peter, James, John → who made up Jesus' inner circle?
life → According to Mark 8, following Jesus means sacrificing one's _____