5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Matthew and Mark
- a Are the four gospels historical documents or theological documents?
- b which Gospels narrate the transfiguration
- c which gospel is most strongly directed towards jewish readers and focuses on Jesus as the fulfillment of the Old Testament?
- d Near the end of the synoptic gospel's, Jesus talks about things to come using elaborate, cataclysmic imagery such as the moon turning to blood.. what is this kind of speech called?
5 Multiple choice questions
- Which gospel is structured around five discourses of Jesus
- know the 7 signs of John
- Which Israelite covenant most directly contributed to 1st century messianic expectation? where is it located?
- Which Jewish sect was the most influential among the common people of Israel in the 1st century?
- According to the 2 source hypothesis, what are the two major sources Matthew and Luke used to write their gospels
5 True/False questions
Apologetic → what do we call material that is that is intended to provide grounds for believing the claims of Christianity
All 4 → Which gospels narrate the triumphal entry
Galilee → In the synoptic gospels, in which region did Jesus' ministry begin and in which region does it end?
Matthew and Luke → which Gospels narrate the transfiguration
Mark 10:45 → According to the 2 source hypothesis, what are the two major sources Matthew and Luke used to write their gospels