5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a directed acyclic graph.
- b an extra record at the start or end of a data structure such as a linked list, to simplify the processing.
- c in object-oriented programming, a description of a set of similar objects.
- d a number that denotes the cost of following an arc in a graph.
- e the next element in a linked list.
5 Multiple choice questions
- an ordering that can be guaranteed to terminate, e.g. starting at a positive integer and counting down to 0.
- a data structure representing a sequence of items, which are removed in the same order as they were inserted.
- a representation of a graph in which a boolean matrix contains a 1 at position (i,j) iff there is an arc from node i to node j.
- when two values to be stored in a hash table have the same hash value.
- describes a function that makes a new data structure but does not modify its arguments.
5 True/False questions
child → in a tree, a node pointed to by a parent node.
dereference → given two sets, the set of elements of the first set that are not members of the second set.
linked list → a list structure that represents a set of bindings.
FIFO → a pointer to the next element in a linked list.
master → a program that controls a set of other programs or devices.