5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- adjacency matrix
- symbol table
- Splay tree
- random access
- a a representation of a graph in which a boolean matrix contains a 1 at position (i,j) iff there is an arc from node i to node j.
- b a data structure that links names to information about the objects denoted by the names.
- c describes a data structure or device in which all accesses have the same cost, O(1).
- d a number that denotes the cost of following an arc in a graph.
- e a self-balancing binary tree that places recently accessed elements near the top of the tree for fast access.
5 Multiple choice questions
- analysis of a sentence of a language to determine the elements of the sentence and their relationship and meaning.
- a graph in which any node is connected to relatively few other nodes. cf. dense graph.
- a description of the kinds of objects that exist in a computer program, e.g. a Java class hierarchy.
- a description of operations on a data type that could have multiple possible implementations.
- a link between two nodes in a graph.
5 True/False questions
array → a link between two nodes in a graph.
cycle → an item (or description of items) being sought in a search.
critical path → the amount of space on the runtime stack required for execution of a program.
tree rotation → a case where a program calls itself.
adjacency list → all nodes below a given node in a tree.