5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a link or arc between nodes in a graph.
- b a tree node containing a contents value but with no children.
- c in Quicksort, a "center" value used in partitioning the set to be sorted.
- d describes a graph in which the arcs may be followed in either direction.
- e a pointer to the next element in a linked list.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a directed graph with no cycles.
- in a tree, a node that points to a given node.
- a case where a program calls itself.
- describes a mapping in which each element of the range is the target of some element of the domain. Also, onto.
- a collection, such as a linked list, of values that hash to the same value.
5 True/False questions
depth-first search → a search in which children of a node are considered (recursively) before siblings are considered.
B-tree → a tree with a high branching factor, to minimize the number of disk accesses required to access a desired record.
quadratic → name for a O(n^2) algorithm
pattern variable → a part of a pattern that can match variable parts of an input.
stack frame → a classification of objects into a tree structure that groups related objects.