5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- interior node
- a all nodes below a given node in a tree.
- b association of one or more elements of a Range set with each element of a Domain set.
- c a node of a tree that has children.
- d the delay between asking for data from an I/O device and the beginning of data transfer.
- e an association of a name with a value.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a sequence of steps along arcs in a graph.
- a function whose value either does not involve a recursive call, or is exactly the value of a recursive call.
- given two sets, the set of elements of the first set that are not members of the second set.
- the ability of an algorithm or hardware system to grow to handle a larger number of inputs.
- a representation of a graph in which each node has a list of nodes that are adjacent to it, i.e. connected to it by an arc.
5 True/False questions
pivot → in Quicksort, a "center" value used in partitioning the set to be sorted.
operator → a node in a graph.
garbage → storage that is no longer pointed to by any variable and therefore can no longer be accessed.
circular queue → a queue implemented within an array, where the first element of the array logically follows the last element.
stable → describes a sort algorithm in which the relative position of elements with equal keys is unchanged after sorting.