5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- sparse array
- randomized algorithm
- a in a tree, the union of a node's parent and the parent's ancestors.
- b a problem that is so hard (typically exponential) that it cannot be solved unless the problem is small.
- c a description of the kinds of objects that exist in a computer program, e.g. a Java class hierarchy.
- d an array in which most of the elements are zero or missing.
- e an algorithm in which the data to be processed or the device to process it is randomly selected.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a sequence of records, where each record contains a link to the next one.
- a list of pairs, where each pair has a key and a value associated with the key.
- in a hash table, the fraction of the table's capacity that is filled.
- describes an arc that can only be traversed in one direction, or a graph with such arcs.
- a queue implemented within an array, where the first element of the array logically follows the last element.
5 True/False questions
slack → in a PERT chart or scheduling graph, the amount of time by which the time of an activity could be increased without affecting the overall completion time.
vertex → a process that removes unwanted elements from a collection.
on-line → describes a sorting algorithm that can process items one at a time.
state → a description of the state of a process, such as a board game.
XOR → directed acyclic graph.