5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- reference type
- a the set of values that are the source values of a mapping.
- b a tree with a high branching factor, to minimize the number of disk accesses required to access a desired record.
- c name for a O(n^2) algorithm
- d a case where a program calls itself.
- e a type in which variables of that type are pointers to objects.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a data structure that implements a complete binary tree within an array, such that every parent node has a value that is less than the value of either of its children.
- an ordering that can be guaranteed to terminate, e.g. starting at a positive integer and counting down to 0.
- an O(n^2) search algorithm that's similar to the way people sort playing cards. Stable, in-place and on-line. First removes element from list, inserts it in the correct position, and repeats until finished.
- a condition of the input data where the data will be handled by call(s) to the same program.
- a program or device that operates under control of a master.
5 True/False questions
acyclic → a circular path in a graph.
binding list → an abstracted function that describes the amount of computer time or memory space required by an algorithm, as a function of problem size.
scalability → the delay between asking for data from an I/O device and the beginning of data transfer.
critical path → the amount of space on the runtime stack required for execution of a program.
Splay tree → a self-balancing binary tree that places recently accessed elements near the top of the tree for fast access.