5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a lacking energy or vitality
- b the act of giving a false appearance
- c extravagant exaggeration
- d To feel or express sorrow or pity for; sympathize with.
- e Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A high ridge of land or rock jutting out into a body of water; a headland
- To reestablish a close relationship between. To settle or resolve. To bring (oneself) to accept
- filled with or evoking sadness
- Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness.
- Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive
5 True/False questions
transient → Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound
portly → a formal speech praising a person who has died
brazen → Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
eulogy → euphemisms for 'fat'
desecrate → violate the sacred character of a place or language