5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound
- b Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness.
- c combative; belligerent
- d euphemisms for 'fat'
- e Decomposition into fragments or parts; disintegration.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the act of giving a false appearance
- To reestablish a close relationship between. To settle or resolve. To bring (oneself) to accept
- To feel or express sorrow or pity for; sympathize with.
- A high ridge of land or rock jutting out into a body of water; a headland
- Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive
5 True/False questions
fodder → Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
desecrate → recklessness; a foolish disregard of danger
hyperbole → extravagant exaggeration
sodden → Food for horses or cattle; raw material for a designated purpose
languid → lacking energy or vitality