5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a formal speech praising a person who has died
- b euphemisms for 'fat'
- c combative; belligerent
- d To feel or express sorrow or pity for; sympathize with.
- e Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
5 Multiple choice questions
- extravagant exaggeration
- lacking energy or vitality
- A high ridge of land or rock jutting out into a body of water; a headland
- Food for horses or cattle; raw material for a designated purpose
- To reestablish a close relationship between. To settle or resolve. To bring (oneself) to accept
5 True/False questions
fetid → having an offensive odor
scant → barely sufficient
transient → Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound
brazen → Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound
desecrate → recklessness; a foolish disregard of danger