5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness.
- b lacking energy or vitality
- c extravagant exaggeration
- d violate the sacred character of a place or language
- e lazy, lacking in ambition and energy; inefficient
5 Multiple choice questions
- To feel or express sorrow or pity for; sympathize with.
- Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
- Decomposition into fragments or parts; disintegration.
- Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound
- barely sufficient
5 True/False questions
temerity → violate the sacred character of a place or language
eulogy → a formal speech praising a person who has died
pretense → the act of giving a false appearance
pugnacious → combative; belligerent
portly → euphemisms for 'fat'