5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A high ridge of land or rock jutting out into a body of water; a headland
- b Decomposition into fragments or parts; disintegration.
- c filled with or evoking sadness
- d To feel or express sorrow or pity for; sympathize with.
- e Food for horses or cattle; raw material for a designated purpose
5 Multiple choice questions
- extravagant exaggeration
- lazy, lacking in ambition and energy; inefficient
- Marked by flagrant and insolent audacity. Having a loud, usually harsh, resonant sound
- violate the sacred character of a place or language
- Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
5 True/False questions
portly → having an offensive odor
scant → Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
gumption → recklessness; a foolish disregard of danger
reconcile → the act of giving a false appearance
pugnacious → Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness.