5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a violate the sacred character of a place or language
- b Boldness of enterprise; initiative or aggressiveness.
- c Thoroughly soaked; saturated. 2. Soggy and heavy from improper cooking; doughy. 3. Expressionless, stupid, or dull, especially from drink. 4. Unimaginative; torpid.
- d lazy, lacking in ambition and energy; inefficient
- e the act of giving a false appearance
5 Multiple choice questions
- To feel or express sorrow or pity for; sympathize with.
- Food for horses or cattle; raw material for a designated purpose
- recklessness; a foolish disregard of danger
- combative; belligerent
- barely sufficient
5 True/False questions
doleful → Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive
stolid → Having or revealing little emotion or sensibility; impassive
eulogy → a formal speech praising a person who has died
hyperbole → extravagant exaggeration
fetid → having an offensive odor