5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- religious asceticism
- thomas more
- act of supremacy
- treason death martyr saint
- a who was a great humanist of the tudor period?
- b who was ridley's brother-in-law who brought him provisions?
- c denying or hurting your body to make yourself more spiritual; More believed in this practice
- d More: accused of ______, sentenced to _______, considered a _______ by the catholic church, and made a _______
- e what act declared henry VIII the head of the anglican church?
5 Multiple choice questions
- pressured to recant for 3 years and gave in
- foxe's two concerns while living on the continent
- tyndale's strength as a translator
- foxe tutored the children of henry _______, earl of ________; his children became powerful protestant leaders
- a lasting result of foxe's book of martyrs
5 True/False questions
latimer and ridley → the two men imprisoned by mary I and burned at the stake together
king edward's prayer book → another name for the book of common prayer
to translate scripture for the common man → tyndale's strength as a translator
resigns as chancellor → denying or hurting your body to make yourself more spiritual; More believed in this practice
minister lutheran → what did a humanist study?