5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dr. smith
- resigns as chancellor
- luther's writings
- a what does More do when henry VIII wants to divorce catherine?
- b More was commissioned by the catholic church to write against who?
- c catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
- d responsible for the first complete new testament translation from original greek
- e what did More's Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters of Religion say was evil and harmful to the catholic church and society?
5 Multiple choice questions
- More was one of the most powerful men in england because he was the ______ ________ under henry VIII
- what did a humanist study?
- what were foxe's social class and religion?
- foxe's two concerns while living on the continent
- what was written during queen mary's reign?
5 True/False questions
shipside → More's serious fantasy about a traveler to a new world
father foxe → because he became a famous preacher, what nickname was given to foxe by queen elizabeth?
foxe → debated with tyndale
elizabeth I → queen mary's cousin, under whose rule england returned to protestantism
acts and monuments/book of martyrs → foxe's book he wrote while on the continent, aiming to "make england protestant forever" (both titles)