5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dr. cole
- Jesus' blood
- england's ruler cannot be a catholic or be married to one
- father foxe
- a who translated the new testament into english from the original greek text?
- b because he became a famous preacher, what nickname was given to foxe by queen elizabeth?
- c tyndale's "holy candle"
- d gave the sermon before cramner's death
- e a lasting result of foxe's book of martyrs
5 Multiple choice questions
- the people latimer influenced
- who did henry VIII appoint to become the archbishop of canterbury?
- latimer: former bishop of _____, influential ______, former _______ of edward VI
- foxe's work/goal
- the people radley influenced
5 True/False questions
former honor present humiliation → tyndale's nickname
treason death martyr saint → what book did foxe write?
elizabeth I → what did a humanist study?
middle class lutheran → foxe was trained as a _______ but had to leave the school because he was too _________
bishop gown woolen frock → ridley was dressed in his _____ _______, while latimer was dressed in a ______ ________