5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- to keep england from turning back from the scriptures to spiritual bondage
- rising sun of the reformation
- a when was the tudor period?
- b foxe's work/goal
- c tyndale's nickname
- d the name of the textile merchant who convince tunstall to buy tyndale's new testaments
- e who did henry VIII appoint to become the archbishop of canterbury?
5 Multiple choice questions
- ridley was dressed in his _____ _______, while latimer was dressed in a ______ ________
- another name for the book of common prayer
- ridley's clothing represented their _____ _____, while latimer's represented their _______ ________
- what was written during queen mary's reign?
- foxe's book he wrote while on the continent, aiming to "make england protestant forever" (both titles)
5 True/False questions
lord chancellor → what does More do when henry VIII wants to divorce catherine?
dr. smith → catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
foxe → debated with tyndale
dr. cole → the bishop of london who ordained foxe as a deacon and eventually ended up in his book of martyrs
he wanted to divorce catherine but the catholic church wouldn't allow divorce → why did henry VIII want to break away from the catholic church?