5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- lord chancellor
- the book of common prayer
- rising sun of the reformation
- a what book did thomas cramner write?
- b tyndale's nickname
- c More was one of the most powerful men in england because he was the ______ ________ under henry VIII
- d fanatical persecutor of protestants; defender of catholicism
- e More's serious fantasy about a traveler to a new world
5 Multiple choice questions
- what did a humanist study?
- debated with tyndale
- tyndale's strength as a translator
- tyndale's writing style: ______, ________ language. he was a ______ writer, using scripture and logic
- who broke england away from the control of rome and the catholic church by starting the anglican church?
5 True/False questions
packington → the name of the textile merchant who convince tunstall to buy tyndale's new testaments
treason death martyr saint → More: accused of ______, sentenced to _______, considered a _______ by the catholic church, and made a _______
common people → the people latimer influenced
cramner → protestant who fled queen mary and england because of persecution
dr. cole → catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning