5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- worchester, preacher, chaplain
- prayer, fasting, godly virtues
- john and richard
- geneva bible
- a latimer: former bishop of _____, influential ______, former _______ of edward VI
- b what was written during queen mary's reign?
- c in A Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters, More said that reading tyndale's and luther's writings caused people to cast off what 3 things?
- d the two spanish friars who tried to change cramner's mind
- e responsible for the first complete new testament translation from original greek
5 Multiple choice questions
- the name of the textile merchant who convince tunstall to buy tyndale's new testaments
- why did henry VIII want to break away from the catholic church?
- catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
- More was one of the most powerful men in england because he was the ______ ________ under henry VIII
- what was tyndale's life goal?
5 True/False questions
cramner → who did henry VIII appoint to become the archbishop of canterbury?
plain energetic persuasive → what did foxe refuse to wear?
treason death martyr saint → More: accused of ______, sentenced to _______, considered a _______ by the catholic church, and made a _______
henry VIII → catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
literature → More was commissioned by the catholic church to write against who?