5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- lord chancellor
- latimer and ridley
- luther's writings
- elizabeth I
- father foxe
- a what did More's Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters of Religion say was evil and harmful to the catholic church and society?
- b the two men imprisoned by mary I and burned at the stake together
- c More was one of the most powerful men in england because he was the ______ ________ under henry VIII
- d queen mary's cousin, under whose rule england returned to protestantism
- e because he became a famous preacher, what nickname was given to foxe by queen elizabeth?
5 Multiple choice questions
- what was tyndale's life goal?
- why did henry VIII want to break away from the catholic church?
- in A Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters, More said that reading tyndale's and luther's writings caused people to cast off what 3 things?
- a lasting result of foxe's book of martyrs
- gave the sermon before cramner's death
5 True/False questions
1485-1603 → when was the tudor period?
minister lutheran → foxe was trained as a _______ but had to leave the school because he was too _________
treason death martyr saint → More: accused of ______, sentenced to _______, considered a _______ by the catholic church, and made a _______
strangled and burned → how did tyndale die?
more → protestant who fled queen mary and england because of persecution