5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dr. smith
- father foxe
- to translate scripture for the common man
- england's ruler cannot be a catholic or be married to one
- rising sun of the reformation
- a what was tyndale's life goal?
- b a lasting result of foxe's book of martyrs
- c because he became a famous preacher, what nickname was given to foxe by queen elizabeth?
- d tyndale's nickname
- e catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
5 Multiple choice questions
- what was tyndale's Parable of the Wicked Mammon about?
- how did tyndale die?
- who was a great humanist of the tudor period?
- tyndale's strength as a translator
- tyndale's writing style: ______, ________ language. he was a ______ writer, using scripture and logic
5 True/False questions
john and richard → who was a great humanist of the tudor period?
bishop gown woolen frock → the people latimer influenced
tyndale → protestant who fled queen mary and england because of persecution
latimer and ridley → because he became a famous preacher, what nickname was given to foxe by queen elizabeth?
1485-1603 → when was the tudor period?