5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- latimer and ridley
- Edward VI
- elizabeth I
- a queen mary's cousin, under whose rule england returned to protestantism
- b fanatical persecutor of protestants; defender of catholicism
- c the two men imprisoned by mary I and burned at the stake together
- d who was henry's strong protestant son? church of england became protestant under his rule
- e protestant who fled queen mary and england because of persecution
5 Multiple choice questions
- bought all of tyndale's new testaments before they could be distributed
- the bishop of london who ordained foxe as a deacon and eventually ended up in his book of martyrs
- in A Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters, More said that reading tyndale's and luther's writings caused people to cast off what 3 things?
- why did henry VIII want to break away from the catholic church?
- gave the sermon before cramner's death
5 True/False questions
thomas more → who was a great humanist of the tudor period?
luther → debated with tyndale
humphrey monmouth → tyndale's patron - wealthy merchant and financed tyndale's translation of the bible
tyndale → bought all of tyndale's new testaments before they could be distributed
middle class wycliffe lollards → 2 reasons the protestant reformation took hold in england:
1. there was a rise of the ______ ______
2. ________ sent out the _______ to spread the gospel