5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dr. smith
- he wanted to divorce catherine but the catholic church wouldn't allow divorce
- prayer, fasting, godly virtues
- a in A Dialogue Concerning Heresies and Matters, More said that reading tyndale's and luther's writings caused people to cast off what 3 things?
- b responsible for the first complete new testament translation from original greek
- c catholic, who previously recanted catholicism, who ironically delivered the sermon before ridley and latimer's burning
- d why did henry VIII want to break away from the catholic church?
- e pressured to recant for 3 years and gave in
5 Multiple choice questions
- what does More do when henry VIII wants to divorce catherine?
- foxe's book he wrote while on the continent, aiming to "make england protestant forever" (both titles)
- the two spanish friars who tried to change cramner's mind
- More's serious fantasy about a traveler to a new world
- foxe was trained as a _______ but had to leave the school because he was too _________
5 True/False questions
former honor present humiliation → ridley's clothing represented their _____ _____, while latimer's represented their _______ ________
worchester, preacher, chaplain → More: accused of ______, sentenced to _______, considered a _______ by the catholic church, and made a _______
plain energetic persuasive → what did foxe refuse to wear?
cramner → who did henry VIII appoint to become the archbishop of canterbury?
latimer and ridley → the two men imprisoned by mary I and burned at the stake together