5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Haughtiness in bearing and attitude; arrogance.
- b Attracting attention in a vulgar manner
- c Rashly or wastefully extravagant
- d Of or relating to shepherds or herders
- e A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sharing an edge or boundary; touching
- Questionable collaboration; secret partnership
- ghostly figure
- Devoid of matter; empty.
- One who acts without moral restraint; a dissolute person
5 True/False questions
portentous → Of the nature of or constituting an omen; foreboding
laudable → lacking energy or vitality
commensurate → To strengthen or support with other evidence; make more certain
peremptory → Putting an end to all debate or action 2. Not allowing contradiction or refusal; imperative
pungent → Having or emitting fragrance; aromatic