5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Appearance, especially the expression of the face
- b Of the same size, extent, or duration as another
- c A short, witty poem expressing a single thought or observation.2. A concise, clever, often paradoxical statement.
- d One whose welfare, training, or career is promoted by an influential person
- e Bitter, long-lasting resentment; deep-seated ill will.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Having qualities or characteristics more often associated with women than men.
- devoid of inhabitants
- Given to excessive and often trivial or rambling talk; tiresomely talkative.
- Stubbornly adhering to an attitude, opinion, or course of action; obdurate.
- A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.
5 True/False questions
turgid → Excessively ornate or complex in style or language; grandiloquent
pungent → Disposed to fight; pugnacious
redolent → Disposed to fight; pugnacious
presumptuous → Putting an end to all debate or action 2. Not allowing contradiction or refusal; imperative
infinitesimal → Stubbornly adhering to an attitude, opinion, or course of action; obdurate.