5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Feeling or showing haughty disdain.
- b Having qualities or characteristics more often associated with women than men.
- c Haughtiness in bearing and attitude; arrogance.
- d Of or relating to shepherds or herders
- e To strengthen or support with other evidence; make more certain
5 Multiple choice questions
- Characterized by forcefulness of expression or intensity of emotion or conviction; fervid
- One who acts without moral restraint; a dissolute person
- Excessively ornate or complex in style or language; grandiloquent
- Bitter, long-lasting resentment; deep-seated ill will.
- devoid of inhabitants
5 True/False questions
wan → Unnaturally pale, as from physical or emotional distress.
epigram → A person who demonstrates an exaggerated conformity or propriety, especially in an irritatingly arrogant or smug manner.
amorphous → Lacking definite form; shapeless
garrulous → Given to excessive and often trivial or rambling talk; tiresomely talkative.
apparition → ghostly figure