5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was Salutary Neglect? Why did this end?
- How did Adams' handle the XYZ affair?
- Where was the first English colony? The first successful English colony?
- In terms of who was in charge, what were the 3 types of colonies started by the English?
- Why was it important to assume all the debts?
- a Royal-ruled by a direct official of the king
Proprietary-ruled by a company
Charter-ruled by a family
- b Roanoke island, Jamestown
- c he kept the u.s nuetral and out of conflict
- d Britain basically ignored the colonies before the French and Indian war it ended because England needed tax money from the colonies
- e so we could get a national credit
5 Multiple choice questions
- he wrote the pamphlet Common Sense (1776) arguing for American independence from Britain.
- the french were good to the indians so that they could develop a fur trade, but the spanish made the indians their slaves and were very mean to them
- gurrila warfare- while they lined up to shoot americans hid behind bushes, trees, ect. also we could get troops easyer because our troops were in america wheras they had to ship Eurapean troops from England
- "I would have been content to bring France to her knees, now I will not rest until I have laid her on her back."
- a victory that is exceptionally costly in terms of troops an example is Bunker Hill
5 True/False questions
While Spain came for gold and France set up trading companies, why did England want to start colonies? Why did their people want to leave England? → gurrila warfare- while they lined up to shoot americans hid behind bushes, trees, ect. also we could get troops easyer because our troops were in america wheras they had to ship Eurapean troops from England
How did England make up for it naval inferiority with its private fleet? → queen Elizabeth hired private muskateers called the sea doggs to defeat the spanish "invincible" armada
What was spectral evidence? → when somebody says that your spector (spirit) assaulted them
Who were some of the other European countries involved with colonizing America? → Spain, Britain, Holland, France
What were the three regions of the English Colonies? → middle,south, and north