5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the three regions of the English Colonies?
- Who was (is) known as the Father of the Country? The Father of the Constitution? The Father of the National Debt?
- Why were the Americans upset over the taxes that they had to pay? What was the British view on this?
- What is Mercantilism? Cash Crop? An Apprentice?
- In terms of who was in charge, what were the 3 types of colonies started by the English?
- a economic theory where a country's wealth is measured by gold and silver (exporting greater than imports), A crop that is grown to be sold for money instead of being used for personal needs, someone who learns trade from a master crafts person
- b they had no vote in parliment if they had to pay or not and England said they were being represented by other Englishmen
- c Royal-ruled by a direct official of the king
Proprietary-ruled by a company
Charter-ruled by a family
- d George Washington, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton
- e middle,south, and north
5 Multiple choice questions
- raw materials (cotton, tobacco, rum) from America to Europe, manufactured goods from Europe to Africa, slaves from Africa to the Americas
- Gave all powers to the states; No central authority; Messed up economy; No central government; Had to ask states for permission to tax and take money. It got us through the revolution
- Henry VIII
- when somebody says that your spector (spirit) assaulted them
5 True/False questions
While Spain came for gold and France set up trading companies, why did England want to start colonies? Why did their people want to leave England? → Henry VIII
William Pitt on the French → "I would have been content to bring France to her knees, now I will not rest until I have laid her on her back."
Tell of the British enforcements of mercantilism and discipline in the years after the French and Indian War? → they only allowed trade with england and no other foriegn countries
An American soldier giving reason why he fought → they were more desperate for work, they took less pay, and if they died you didn't have to pay them
A French official at the end of the war → The first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution, added after the Constitution was ratified, in order to protect individuals from a strong central goverment