5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What event led to the beginning of the English overtaking the Spanish as a world power?
- How was the French and Indian War part of a longer conflict?
- What was Salutary Neglect? Why did this end?
- What were the main points of the Treaty of Paris of 1783?
- Tell of the British enforcements of mercantilism and discipline in the years after the French and Indian War?
- a when queen elizabeth defeated the spanish aramada
- b the war put England in debt so they taxed the Americas
- c Britain basically ignored the colonies before the French and Indian war it ended because England needed tax money from the colonies
- d the British agreed to give the US the Mississippi River as a western boundary IF the US would sign the treaty ignoring its French allies The US also promised to pay Loyalists for the property they lost or had had destroyed. The British also had to remove all british troops from america
- e they only allowed trade with england and no other foriegn countries
5 Multiple choice questions
- "I would have been content to bring France to her knees, now I will not rest until I have laid her on her back."
- "More weight!"
- The 3/5 compromise (all slaves are counted as 3/5 of a person) the Great compromise (a compromise creating the house and senate) and the electoral college
- they were more desperate for work, they took less pay, and if they died you didn't have to pay them
- "If I can be but the instrument of preserving one life, his blessing or tears of transport shall be sufficient consolation to me, for the contempt of all mankind"
5 True/False questions
what is blue blood? → nobility or social prominence
Who were the major conquistadors of the Spanish explorers, and what people and rulers did they conquer? → the British agreed to give the US the Mississippi River as a western boundary IF the US would sign the treaty ignoring its French allies The US also promised to pay Loyalists for the property they lost or had had destroyed. The British also had to remove all british troops from america
How did Spain's new-found wealth come to hurt them in the long run? → he kept the u.s nuetral and out of conflict
the 3 major foreign countries who came to America's aid in terms of national support → gurrila warfare- while they lined up to shoot americans hid behind bushes, trees, ect. also we could get troops easyer because our troops were in america wheras they had to ship Eurapean troops from England
What were the famous three "G's" of Spanish exploration? → middle,south, and north