5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was (is) known as the Father of the Country? The Father of the Constitution? The Father of the National Debt?
- Why should we admire Giles Corey
- Where was the first English colony? The first successful English colony?
- Who were the major conquistadors of the Spanish explorers, and what people and rulers did they conquer?
- How did Adams' handle the XYZ affair?
- a he kept the u.s nuetral and out of conflict
- b Hernan Cortez conqured the Atzecs, and Francisco Pizarro conqured the incas
- c George Washington, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton
- d Roanoke island, Jamestown
- e An elderly but feisty farmer in Salem, famous for his tendency to file lawsuits. His wife, Martha, is accused of witchcraft, and he himself is eventually held in con-tempt of court and pressed to death with large stones and his last words are "more weight"
5 Multiple choice questions
- they had no vote in parliment if they had to pay or not and England said they were being represented by other Englishmen
- Lief Ericsson and the Vikings
- they were more desperate for work, they took less pay, and if they died you didn't have to pay them
- The first ten amendments to the U.S. Constitution, added after the Constitution was ratified, in order to protect individuals from a strong central goverment
- was led by Daniel Shays it was a protest against the land being taken away and they were aked to pay taxes with gold coins when they were getting paid with gold coins
5 True/False questions
What were the main points of the Treaty of Paris of 1783? → the British agreed to give the US the Mississippi River as a western boundary IF the US would sign the treaty ignoring its French allies The US also promised to pay Loyalists for the property they lost or had had destroyed. The British also had to remove all british troops from america
How was the French and Indian War part of a longer conflict? → A plan by Ben Franklin to "unite the colonies"
what were the French looking for in the colinization of america → the northwest passage
What were the main advantages in favor of the Americans in the war? → the British agreed to give the US the Mississippi River as a western boundary IF the US would sign the treaty ignoring its French allies The US also promised to pay Loyalists for the property they lost or had had destroyed. The British also had to remove all british troops from america
Who were some of the leaders of colonial resistance against the british? → Spain, Britain, Holland, France