5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did Washington handle the Whiskey Rebellion
- Who were some of the leaders of colonial resistance against the british?
- Who were Washington's cabinet members?
- Who was (is) known as the Father of the Country? The Father of the Constitution? The Father of the National Debt?
- While Spain came for gold and France set up trading companies, why did England want to start colonies? Why did their people want to leave England?
- a England started colonies so that they could get taxes because they were in debt from the french and indian war but he people went for religious freedom
- b Alexander Hamilton, Henry Knox, something Randolf(idk if u know click edit the password is<3) and Thomas Jefferson.
- c The Sons of Liberty
- d George Washington, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton
- e He rode out himself to put it down
5 Multiple choice questions
- A plan by Ben Franklin to "unite the colonies"
- the french were good to the indians so that they could develop a fur trade, but the spanish made the indians their slaves and were very mean to them
- they had no vote in parliment if they had to pay or not and England said they were being represented by other Englishmen
- Gave all powers to the states; No central authority; Messed up economy; No central government; Had to ask states for permission to tax and take money. It got us through the revolution
- the war put England in debt so they taxed the Americas
5 True/False questions
What are the lengths of terms of office for President, Senator, Representative, and Supreme Court Judge? → 4 years, 6 years, 2 years, life
What were the three regions of the English Colonies? → The 3/5 compromise (all slaves are counted as 3/5 of a person) the Great compromise (a compromise creating the house and senate) and the electoral college
Why was it important to assume all the debts? → They were passed as a punishment from the Boston Tea Party. The port of Boston was shutdown, colonists couldn't hold town meetings, officers had to be tried in England or Canada, there was a new Quartering Act passed
An American soldier giving reason why he fought → "We have always governed ourselves."
Under what great queen did England really start to grow? → "I may not be a lion, but I am a lion's cub, and I have a lion's heart."