5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did England make up for it naval inferiority with its private fleet?
- Where was the first English colony? The first successful English colony?
- Who was Metacomet?
- Who were some of the other European countries involved with colonizing America?
- What were the problems of the Articles of Confederation? What success did it have?
- a queen Elizabeth hired private muskateers called the sea doggs to defeat the spanish "invincible" armada
- b Gave all powers to the states; No central authority; Messed up economy; No central government; Had to ask states for permission to tax and take money. It got us through the revolution
- c the chief of Wampanoag. he was the war leader of the Wampanoag in King Phillip's war
- d Spain, Britain, Holland, France
- e Roanoke island, Jamestown
5 Multiple choice questions
- Americans wanted to be independent but England needed money from taxes from the Americas so they would not let them become independent
- nobility or social prominence
- when queen elizabeth defeated the spanish aramada
- they were more desperate for work, they took less pay, and if they died you didn't have to pay them
- the northwest passage
5 True/False questions
What was impressment? → it was the forceable capture of american soildiers and put into the british navy
How were some of the ways the English used to finance their passage to america → Spain, Britain, Holland, France
In terms of who was in charge, what were the 3 types of colonies started by the English? → Royal-ruled by a direct official of the king
Proprietary-ruled by a company
Charter-ruled by a family
William Pitt on the French → when somebody says that your spector (spirit) assaulted them
Who was (is) known as the Father of the Country? The Father of the Constitution? The Father of the National Debt? → The 3/5 compromise (all slaves are counted as 3/5 of a person) the Great compromise (a compromise creating the house and senate) and the electoral college