5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did Spain's new-found wealth come to hurt them in the long run?
- Phyrric victory
- What were the main points of the Treaty of Paris of 1783?
- What is Mercantilism? Cash Crop? An Apprentice?
- What were the 2 things that the 1st Continental Congress did?
- a they had lots of money from the gold but no food or crops to live on
- b the British agreed to give the US the Mississippi River as a western boundary IF the US would sign the treaty ignoring its French allies The US also promised to pay Loyalists for the property they lost or had had destroyed. The British also had to remove all british troops from america
- c a victory that is exceptionally costly in terms of troops an example is Bunker Hill
- d economic theory where a country's wealth is measured by gold and silver (exporting greater than imports), A crop that is grown to be sold for money instead of being used for personal needs, someone who learns trade from a master crafts person
- e they planned to meet again in a year and they created the Olive branch petion
5 Multiple choice questions
- Americans wanted to be independent but England needed money from taxes from the Americas so they would not let them become independent
- the french were good to the indians so that they could develop a fur trade, but the spanish made the indians their slaves and were very mean to them
- "I may not be a lion, but I am a lion's cub, and I have a lion's heart."
- they had no vote in parliment if they had to pay or not and England said they were being represented by other Englishmen
- Britain basically ignored the colonies before the French and Indian war it ended because England needed tax money from the colonies
5 True/False questions
Under what great queen did England really start to grow? → They were passed as a punishment from the Boston Tea Party. The port of Boston was shutdown, colonists couldn't hold town meetings, officers had to be tried in England or Canada, there was a new Quartering Act passed
What was the Albany Plan? Who originally thought of it? → A plan by Ben Franklin to "unite the colonies"
While Spain came for gold and France set up trading companies, why did England want to start colonies? Why did their people want to leave England? → James Madision, because he wanted to declare America separate from England
what were the French looking for in the colinization of america → the British agreed to give the US the Mississippi River as a western boundary IF the US would sign the treaty ignoring its French allies The US also promised to pay Loyalists for the property they lost or had had destroyed. The British also had to remove all british troops from america
Who led the Protestant Reformation in England? → they were more desperate for work, they took less pay, and if they died you didn't have to pay them