5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the main points of the Treaty of Paris of 1783?
- What was Queen Elizabeth's famous quote?
- What event led to the beginning of the English overtaking the Spanish as a world power?
- Who was (is) known as the Father of the Country? The Father of the Constitution? The Father of the National Debt?
- Thomas Paine
- a the British agreed to give the US the Mississippi River as a western boundary IF the US would sign the treaty ignoring its French allies The US also promised to pay Loyalists for the property they lost or had had destroyed. The British also had to remove all british troops from america
- b he wrote the pamphlet Common Sense (1776) arguing for American independence from Britain.
- c George Washington, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton
- d "I may not be a lion, but I am a lion's cub, and I have a lion's heart."
- e when queen elizabeth defeated the spanish aramada
5 Multiple choice questions
- raw materials (cotton, tobacco, rum) from America to Europe, manufactured goods from Europe to Africa, slaves from Africa to the Americas
- "We have always governed ourselves."
- Roanoke island, Jamestown
- Colonists were attacking british troops so they fired in self defense, He said all should be treated equal
- gurrila warfare- while they lined up to shoot americans hid behind bushes, trees, ect. also we could get troops easyer because our troops were in america wheras they had to ship Eurapean troops from England
5 True/False questions
Giles Corey → "More weight!"
How did the results of the French and Indian war hurt the relationship between England and its American colonists? → the war put England in debt so they taxed the Americas
what is blue blood? → it was the forceable capture of american soildiers and put into the british navy
Tell of the Bill of Rights → raw materials (cotton, tobacco, rum) from America to Europe, manufactured goods from Europe to Africa, slaves from Africa to the Americas
Shays' Rebellion → was led by Daniel Shays it was a protest against the land being taken away and they were aked to pay taxes with gold coins when they were getting paid with gold coins