5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- what is blue blood?
- William Pitt on the French
- What were the famous three "G's" of Spanish exploration?
- How was the French and Indian War part of a longer conflict?
- While Spain came for gold and France set up trading companies, why did England want to start colonies? Why did their people want to leave England?
- a nobility or social prominence
- b England started colonies so that they could get taxes because they were in debt from the french and indian war but he people went for religious freedom
- c "I would have been content to bring France to her knees, now I will not rest until I have laid her on her back."
- d the war put England in debt so they taxed the Americas
- e Spain said it was conquering was for GOD,glory, and gold but they really wanted GOLD, GLORY, and god
5 Multiple choice questions
- Royal-ruled by a direct official of the king
Proprietary-ruled by a company
Charter-ruled by a family
- Roanoke island, Jamestown
- joint stock companies or to become indentured servants
- they only allowed trade with england and no other foriegn countries
5 True/False questions
What were the 2 things that the 1st Continental Congress did? → they planned to meet again in a year and they created the Olive branch petion
Who was Metacomet? → the chief of Wampanoag. he was the war leader of the Wampanoag in King Phillip's war
What is Mercantilism? Cash Crop? An Apprentice? → economic theory where a country's wealth is measured by gold and silver (exporting greater than imports), A crop that is grown to be sold for money instead of being used for personal needs, someone who learns trade from a master crafts person
Who was (is) known as the Father of the Country? The Father of the Constitution? The Father of the National Debt? → The 3/5 compromise (all slaves are counted as 3/5 of a person) the Great compromise (a compromise creating the house and senate) and the electoral college
What was the Albany Plan? Who originally thought of it? → Britain basically ignored the colonies before the French and Indian war it ended because England needed tax money from the colonies