5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- informed consent
- tertiary intention
- a keeping a large wound open until the wound is clean, and suturing it.
- b cutting out.
- c agreement to a medical test or procedure based on understanding of the procedure and its possible consequences and effects.
- d surgical stitches used to close a surgical incision or repair a laceration.
- e to tie off so that it does not bleed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- skin edges of a wound or surgical incision that have been brought together
- a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.
- a wound that heals by granulation.
- a surgical knife.
- a surgical used to hold open a flap of tissue in order for the doctor to view the area underneath.
5 True/False questions
bandage → a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
hemostasis → having an opening or whole.
primary intention → keeping a large wound open until the wound is clean, and suturing it.
debridement → process of removing dead tissue.
remodeling → third phase of wound healing.