5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a suture material with needle attached.
- b second face of wound healing last 5 to 20 days.
- c a cut or tear of the skin.
- d skin edges of a wound or surgical incision that have been brought together
- e a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
5 Multiple choice questions
- examination of tissue under a microscope to determine if cancerous cells are present.
- surgical stitches used to close a surgical incision or repair a laceration.
- a wound in which the edges are approximated during the healing process.
- a surgical knife.
- an instrument used to measure a wound the depth of the wound or body cavity.
5 True/False questions
ligate → to tie off so that it does not bleed.
granulation → a cut or tear of the skin.
abscess → a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
probe → feel around inside an incision or measure the depth of a cavity before proceeding.
debridement → process of removing dead tissue.