5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mayo stand
- a examination of tissue under a microscope to determine if cancerous cells are present.
- b cutting out.
- c to tie off so that it does not bleed.
- d a small table with a removable tray top that can be positioned at different heights.
- e a cut or tear of the skin.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a surgical knife.
- an instrument used to measure a wound the depth of the wound or body cavity.
- feel around inside an incision or measure the depth of a cavity before proceeding.
- a wound that heals by granulation.
- localized collection of pus
5 True/False questions
suture → surgical stitches used to close a surgical incision or repair a laceration.
approximated → skin edges of a wound or surgical incision that have been brought together
debridement → process of removing dead tissue.
tertiary intention → a wound in which the edges are approximated during the healing process.
hemostasis → localized collection of pus