5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- tertiary intention
- a keeping a large wound open until the wound is clean, and suturing it.
- b surgical stitches used to close a surgical incision or repair a laceration.
- c filling in will granulated tissue instead of the original type of tissue.
- d an instrument used to measure a wound the depth of the wound or body cavity.
- e to tie off so that it does not bleed.
5 Multiple choice questions
- tissue that separates from healthy tissue.
- third phase of wound healing.
- localized collection of pus
- instrument used to scrape.
- examination of tissue under a microscope to determine if cancerous cells are present.
5 True/False questions
hemostasis → localized collection of pus
secondary intention → a wound that heals by granulation.
excision → cutting out.
forceps → a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
laceration → a cut or tear of the skin.