5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inflammatory response
- secondary intention
- a a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
- b feel around inside an incision or measure the depth of a cavity before proceeding.
- c a wound that heals by granulation.
- d first stage of wound healing last 3 or 4 days.
- e a cut or tear of the skin.
5 Multiple choice questions
- examination of tissue under a microscope to determine if cancerous cells are present.
- agreement to a medical test or procedure based on understanding of the procedure and its possible consequences and effects.
- instrument used to scrape.
- to tie off so that it does not bleed.
- tissue that separates from healthy tissue.
5 True/False questions
hemostasis → having an opening or whole.
incision → a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.
approximated → skin edges of a wound or surgical incision that have been brought together
proliferation → second face of wound healing last 5 to 20 days.
tertiary intention → a wound in which the edges are approximated during the healing process.