5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inflammatory response
- informed consent
- secondary intention
- a first stage of wound healing last 3 or 4 days.
- b agreement to a medical test or procedure based on understanding of the procedure and its possible consequences and effects.
- c a wound that heals by granulation.
- d an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
- e a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
5 Multiple choice questions
- localized collection of pus
- second face of wound healing last 5 to 20 days.
- to tie off so that it does not bleed.
- a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.
- a sterile covering that goes directly over a wound or incision to protect the area and absorb drainage.
5 True/False questions
curette → instrument used to scrape.
fenestrated → suture material with needle attached.
forceps → localized collection of pus
biopsy → examination of tissue under a microscope to determine if cancerous cells are present.
remodeling → third phase of wound healing.