5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- primary intention
- a a surgical knife.
- b a cut in the skin made by a scalpel, knife, or other straight sharp edge.
- c a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
- d a wound in which the edges are approximated during the healing process.
- e second face of wound healing last 5 to 20 days.
5 Multiple choice questions
- process of removing dead tissue.
- suture material with needle attached.
- surgical stitches used to close a surgical incision or repair a laceration.
- cutting out.
- third phase of wound healing.
5 True/False questions
hemostasis → control of bleeding
slough → an instrument used to measure a wound the depth of the wound or body cavity.
lesion → an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
cyst → examination of tissue under a microscope to determine if cancerous cells are present.
bandage → to tie off so that it does not bleed.