5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- inflammatory response
- secondary intention
- a first stage of wound healing last 3 or 4 days.
- b an enlargement of tissue often caused by an oil duct in the body becoming clogged.
- c cutting out.
- d a wound that heals by granulation.
- e a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
5 Multiple choice questions
- instrument used to scrape.
- skin edges of a wound or surgical incision that have been brought together
- to tie off so that it does not bleed.
- filling in will granulated tissue instead of the original type of tissue.
- localized collection of pus
5 True/False questions
laceration → an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
sound → an instrument used to measure a wound the depth of the wound or body cavity.
retractor → having an opening or whole.
tertiary intention → keeping a large wound open until the wound is clean, and suturing it.
debridement → third phase of wound healing.