5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to tie off so that it does not bleed.
- b second face of wound healing last 5 to 20 days.
- c a cut or tear of the skin.
- d surgical stitches used to close a surgical incision or repair a laceration.
- e a surgical used to hold open a flap of tissue in order for the doctor to view the area underneath.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a sterile covering that goes directly over a wound or incision to protect the area and absorb drainage.
- suture material with needle attached.
- first stage of wound healing last 3 or 4 days.
- a small table with a removable tray top that can be positioned at different heights.
- an instrument used to measure a wound the depth of the wound or body cavity.
5 True/False questions
remodeling → third phase of wound healing.
abscess → a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
granulation → a cut or tear of the skin.
lesion → cutting out.
fenestrated → having an opening or whole.