5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mayo stand
- a having an opening or whole.
- b suture material with needle attached.
- c a non-sterile material that is applied over the dressing to hold it in place.
- d an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
- e a small table with a removable tray top that can be positioned at different heights.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a surgical used to hold open a flap of tissue in order for the doctor to view the area underneath.
- skin edges of a wound or surgical incision that have been brought together
- an enlargement of tissue often caused by an oil duct in the body becoming clogged.
- filling in will granulated tissue instead of the original type of tissue.
- agreement to a medical test or procedure based on understanding of the procedure and its possible consequences and effects.
5 True/False questions
dressing → an irregularity on the skin such as a mole or a skin tag.
remodeling → a sterile covering that goes directly over a wound or incision to protect the area and absorb drainage.
abscess → a tool used for grasping, pulling, compressing, or holding tissue or other instruments and supplies during surgery.
tertiary intention → a wound in which the edges are approximated during the healing process.
hemostasis → a small table with a removable tray top that can be positioned at different heights.