5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was utopian socialism and what were its four stages?
- Who was a famous person who supported better conditions for workers?
- Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers?
- Who invented the reaper?
- Who invented the steamboat?
- a Robert Fulton (1807)
- b Communism. Revolution. Dictatorship of the Proletariat. Socialism. PURE Communism.
- c John Stuart Mill
- d Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- e Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Louis Sullivan
- Coal and iron and steel
- Jethro Tull (1830s)
- More people= fewer resources or food
- Sewing Machine
5 True/False questions
What rose in urban areas (besides population)? → Sky-scrappers
What were the attributes of Romanticism? → Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
What is Capitalism? → An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
How did the use of machinery in industry impact workers? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship