5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers?
- Who was a famous person who supported better conditions for workers?
- Who invented the reaper?
- What was utopian socialism and what were its four stages?
- What is Capitalism?
- a John Stuart Mill
- b Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
- c An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
- d Communism. Revolution. Dictatorship of the Proletariat. Socialism. PURE Communism.
- e Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (1825) things were shipped throughout the US and Europe at a much faster rate.
- Sewing Machine
- The cotton gin
- John Deere
- Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
5 True/False questions
How did the use of machinery in industry impact workers? → Reduced the number of workers from (for example) 5 to 1.
Who invented the telegraph? → Robert Fulton (1807)
For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic? → Transatlantic cable (1866)
Who invented the seed drill? → John Deere
Who invented the steamboat? → Robert Fulton (1807)