5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was the father of modern sky-scrappers and Wainwright Building in St. Louis?
- What were the most important inventions of the Communication Revolution?
- What rose in urban areas (besides population)?
- What was the 'breakthrough' invention?
- What natural resources were vital to the Construction Revolution?
- a Sky-scrappers
- b Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
- c Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
- d Louis Sullivan
- e Coal and iron and steel
5 Multiple choice questions
- John Stuart Mill
- Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
- Transatlantic cable (1866)
- Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- Reduced the number of workers from (for example) 5 to 1.
5 True/False questions
What were the attributes of Romanticism? → Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
Who invented the seed drill? → John Deere
What was the Malthusian Theory (1798)? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
Who invented the telegraph? → Samuel Morse (1832)
What was the invention that was important to the Textile Industry? May be considered THE most important one. → Sewing Machine