5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution?
- What was the other important invention for the Textile Industry?
- Who invented the steel plow?
- Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers?
- What is Capitalism?
- a Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- b John Deere
- c Sewing Machine
- d 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
- e An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
5 Multiple choice questions
- More people= fewer resources or food
- Jethro Tull (1830s)
- Robert Fulton (1807)
- Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
- Reduced the number of workers from (for example) 5 to 1.
5 True/False questions
What were the most important inventions of the Communication Revolution? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
Who was the father of modern sky-scrappers and Wainwright Building in St. Louis? → Louis Sullivan
What was the invention that was important to the Textile Industry? May be considered THE most important one. → Sewing Machine
What were the attributes of Romanticism? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic? → Louis Sullivan