5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the most important inventions of the Communication Revolution?
- What were the attributes of Romanticism?
- What natural resources were vital to the Construction Revolution?
- Who invented the reaper?
- For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic?
- a Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
- b Transatlantic cable (1866)
- c Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
- d Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
- e Coal and iron and steel
5 Multiple choice questions
- Sewing Machine
- An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
- Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
- Jethro Tull (1830s)
5 True/False questions
Who was the father of modern sky-scrappers and Wainwright Building in St. Louis? → Sewing Machine
What are the factors of production? → Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers? → Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
Who invented the telegraph? → Robert Fulton (1807)
What was the Malthusian Theory (1798)? → More people= fewer resources or food