5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What impact did the Stephenson Steam Locomotive have on shipping?
- What rose in urban areas (besides population)?
- Who was a famous person who supported better conditions for workers?
- For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic?
- First sky-scrapper ever?
- a John Stuart Mill
- b Sky-scrappers
- c Transatlantic cable (1866)
- d (1825) things were shipped throughout the US and Europe at a much faster rate.
- e Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Reduced the number of workers from (for example) 5 to 1.
- Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
- Louis Sullivan
- 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
5 True/False questions
What was the 'breakthrough' invention? → More people= fewer resources or food
Results of John Stuart Mill's, and like individuals', work? → Limitations to child labour (8 and up). Children under 13, >8 hours per day.
What was utopian socialism and what were its four stages? → Communism. Revolution. Dictatorship of the Proletariat. Socialism. PURE Communism.
What natural resources were vital to the Construction Revolution? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
What are the factors of production? → Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.