5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who invented the reaper?
- What impact did the Stephenson Steam Locomotive have on shipping?
- Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers?
- What natural resources were vital to the Construction Revolution?
- First sky-scrapper ever?
- a Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- b (1825) things were shipped throughout the US and Europe at a much faster rate.
- c Coal and iron and steel
- d Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
- e Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Limitations to child labour (8 and up). Children under 13, >8 hours per day.
- Sewing Machine
- Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
- Communism. Revolution. Dictatorship of the Proletariat. Socialism. PURE Communism.
- Robert Fulton (1807)
5 True/False questions
What was the Malthusian Theory (1798)? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
What were the attributes of Romanticism? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
What was the invention that was important to the Textile Industry? May be considered THE most important one. → Sewing Machine
What were the most important inventions of the Communication Revolution? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic? → Transatlantic cable (1866)