5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the most important inventions of the Communication Revolution?
- Results of John Stuart Mill's, and like individuals', work?
- What was the invention that was important to the Textile Industry? May be considered THE most important one.
- Who was the father of modern sky-scrappers and Wainwright Building in St. Louis?
- For the purpose of communication between the US and Europe, what was placed in the Atlantic?
- a Limitations to child labour (8 and up). Children under 13, >8 hours per day.
- b Transatlantic cable (1866)
- c Louis Sullivan
- d Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
- e The cotton gin
5 Multiple choice questions
- Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
- More people= fewer resources or food
- Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
- Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
- Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
5 True/False questions
What rose in urban areas (besides population)? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
Who invented the steel plow? → Jethro Tull (1830s)
Who was a famous person who supported better conditions for workers? → Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
Who invented the steamboat? → John Deere
What was the other important invention for the Textile Industry? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)