5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- First sky-scrapper ever?
- Results of John Stuart Mill's, and like individuals', work?
- Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers?
- What rose in urban areas (besides population)?
- What was the Malthusian Theory (1798)?
- a Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
- b Sky-scrappers
- c Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- d Limitations to child labour (8 and up). Children under 13, >8 hours per day.
- e More people= fewer resources or food
5 Multiple choice questions
- Transatlantic cable (1866)
- The cotton gin
- Sewing Machine
- (1825) things were shipped throughout the US and Europe at a much faster rate.
- 'Advent' of socialism. Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels (Communist Manifesto), and Haves vs Have Nots.
5 True/False questions
What was the 'breakthrough' invention? → Land, labour, capital, and entrepreneurship
What is Capitalism? → An economic, social system. Individuals control means of production. Characterized by private business
Who invented the steamboat? → Robert Fulton (1807)
Who invented the reaper? → Samuel Morse (1832)
What are the factors of production? → Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.