5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the attributes of Romanticism?
- What rose in urban areas (besides population)?
- Who invented the seed drill?
- Where did workers typically work and what were the conditions of workers?
- Who invented the reaper?
- a Sky-scrappers
- b Factories (where there were supervisors present). Low wages, 14 hours/day, 6 days/week, abuse, child labour.
- c Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.
- d Jethro Tull (1830s)
- e Cyric McCormick and his slave (1840s)
5 Multiple choice questions
- John Stuart Mill
- John Deere
- Transatlantic cable (1866)
- Limitations to child labour (8 and up). Children under 13, >8 hours per day.
- Communism. Revolution. Dictatorship of the Proletariat. Socialism. PURE Communism.
5 True/False questions
What was the 'breakthrough' invention? → Improved Steam Engine (1769). Invented by James Watt. Water for steam, heated by coal to power it.
First sky-scrapper ever? → Home Insurance Building (Chicago) AND/OR Equitable Life Building (NYC)
What were the characteristics of the Philosophical Revolution? → Telegraph (1832), Telephone (1876)
Who invented the steamboat? → Samuel Morse (1832)
What are the factors of production? → Artistic, literary, intellectual. Allowed ppl to escape from modern realities.