5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Affrimative Action Plan
- All of these would fit into a protected class
- Bona Fide Seniority System
- Applicant Pool
- a Protected classes refers to members of groups that are illegal to discriminate against.
- b Which of the following would NOT fit into a protected class? Pregnant Female, 60 year old white male, buddhist monk
- c Those qualified for the job
- d Court order requiring hiring of members of a protected class to remedy past discrimination
- e System that rewards employees for length of employment rather than merit
5 Multiple choice questions
- Are employers allowed to ask questions on an interview that require disclosure of race, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or pregnancy
- Employer treats members of a protected cless less favorably than other employees
- Employer's defense where actions were meant to advance the business rather than to create unjustified discrimination
- Groups that employment law protects
- Label for a workplace policy that does not seem on the surface to discriminate against any protected class
5 True/False questions
Hostile Enviroment → Interference with an employee's ability to work due to unwelcome comments, gestures, or touching of sexual nature at work
True → If a member of a protected class proves disparate treatment, the employer will NOT be liable if it can show the defense of seniority or BFOQ (Bona Fide Ocupational Qualification).
True → Employers may disriminate against protected classes if it is justified by business necessity.
False → The law that protects workers over 40 is the Equal Pay Act of 1963.
True → Has the authority to investigate and settle complaints of a job discrimination and to prosecute suspected offenders