5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- All of these would fit into a protected class
- Protected Classes
- Business Necessity
- a Employer's defense where actions were meant to advance the business rather than to create unjustified discrimination
- b Employers may disriminate against protected classes if it is justified by business necessity.
- c Condition that substantially limits a major life activity
- d Which of the following would NOT fit into a protected class? Pregnant Female, 60 year old white male, buddhist monk
- e Groups that employment law protects
5 Multiple choice questions
- Exchange of sexual favors for better work status
- In general employment law makes it illegal to consider a group characteristic when hiring individuals.
- The law that protects workers over 40 is the Equal Pay Act of 1963.
- Which law prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex, or national origin?
- Interference with an employee's ability to work due to unwelcome comments, gestures, or touching of sexual nature at work
5 True/False questions
No → Are employers allowed to ask questions on an interview that require disclosure of race, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or pregnancy
True → If a member of a protected class proves disparate treatment, the employer will NOT be liable if it can show the defense of seniority or BFOQ (Bona Fide Ocupational Qualification).
Workforce Pool → Those qualified for the job
Affrimative Action Plan → Court order requiring hiring of members of a protected class to remedy past discrimination
Unequal Treatment → Which type of illegal discrimination is most often concerned with one person?