5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Civil RIghts Act of 1964
- a Protected classes refers to members of groups that are illegal to discriminate against.
- b Condition that substantially limits a major life activity
- c Which law prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex, or national origin?
- d Has the authority to investigate and settle complaints of a job discrimination and to prosecute suspected offenders
5 Multiple choice questions
- Are employers allowed to ask questions on an interview that require disclosure of race, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or pregnancy
- System that rewards employees for length of employment rather than merit
- Which of the following would NOT fit into a protected class? Pregnant Female, 60 year old white male, buddhist monk
- Employer treats members of a protected cless less favorably than other employees
- If a member of a protected class proves disparate treatment, the employer will NOT be liable if it can show the defense of seniority or BFOQ (Bona Fide Ocupational Qualification).
5 True/False questions
False → Employers may disriminate against protected classes if it is justified by business necessity.
Business Necessity → Employer's defense where actions were meant to advance the business rather than to create unjustified discrimination
Hostile Enviroment → Employer treats members of a protected cless less favorably than other employees
Protected Classes → Groups that employment law protects
Neutral On Its Face → Label for a workplace policy that does not seem on the surface to discriminate against any protected class