5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Unequal Treatment
- Business Necessity
- Bona Fide Seniority System
- a Employer's defense where actions were meant to advance the business rather than to create unjustified discrimination
- b System that rewards employees for length of employment rather than merit
- c If a member of a protected class proves disparate treatment, the employer will NOT be liable if it can show the defense of seniority or BFOQ (Bona Fide Ocupational Qualification).
- d Employer treats members of a protected cless less favorably than other employees
5 Multiple choice questions
- In general employment law makes it illegal to consider a group characteristic when hiring individuals.
- Are employers allowed to ask questions on an interview that require disclosure of race, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or pregnancy
- Which of the following would NOT fit into a protected class? Pregnant Female, 60 year old white male, buddhist monk
- Those qualified for the job
- Sexual Harrassment takes two forms, they are:
5 True/False questions
Neutral On Its Face → Employer treats members of a protected cless less favorably than other employees
Civil RIghts Act of 1964 → Which law prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex, or national origin?
EEOC → Are employers allowed to ask questions on an interview that require disclosure of race, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or pregnancy
Hostile Enviroment → Interference with an employee's ability to work due to unwelcome comments, gestures, or touching of sexual nature at work
Disability → Condition that substantially limits a major life activity