5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Sexual Harrassment
- Civil RIghts Act of 1964
- Business Necessity
- a Protected classes refers to members of groups that are illegal to discriminate against.
- b Which type of illegal discrimination is most often concerned with one person?
- c Which law prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex, or national origin?
- d Employer's defense where actions were meant to advance the business rather than to create unjustified discrimination
5 Multiple choice questions
- Are employers allowed to ask questions on an interview that require disclosure of race, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or pregnancy
- Label for a workplace policy that does not seem on the surface to discriminate against any protected class
- Condition that substantially limits a major life activity
- If a member of a protected class proves disparate treatment, the employer will NOT be liable if it can show the defense of seniority or BFOQ (Bona Fide Ocupational Qualification).
- Employer treats members of a protected cless less favorably than other employees
5 True/False questions
EEOC → Are employers allowed to ask questions on an interview that require disclosure of race, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or pregnancy
All of these would fit into a protected class → Groups that employment law protects
Workforce Pool → Those qualified for the job
Affrimative Action Plan → Which law prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex, or national origin?
Bona Fide Seniority System → Interference with an employee's ability to work due to unwelcome comments, gestures, or touching of sexual nature at work