5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Last year, Nikki was diagnosed with schizophrenia and one of her symptoms is related to inappropriate emotion. She sometimes lapses into a "zombielike" state of apparent apathy known as:
- Although she is underweight, Lindsey is extremely afraid of becoming obese. She often checks her body in the mirror for any signs of fat and refuses to eat most foods because she insists they are fatty or high in calories. Lindsey most clearly demonstrates symptoms of:
- Years after he barely survived a terrorist attack that killed his wife and two children, Mr. Puskari suffers recurring flashbacks and frequent nightmares of the event. They render him incapable of holding a steady job. Mr. Puskari is most clearly showing signs of:
- ___________ is characterized by moods that alternate between the hopelessness and lethargy of depression and the euphoric, hyperactive state of mania.
- a anorexia nervosa.
- b an anxiety disorder marked by a persistent, irrational fear and avoidance of a specific object, activity, or situation.
- c post-traumatic stress disorder.
- d flat affect.
- e Bipolar disorder
5 Multiple choice questions
- a psychological disorder marked by the appearance by age 7 of one or more of 3 key symptoms: extreme inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
- a personality disorder in which a person (usually a man) exhibits a lack of conscience for wrongdoing, even toward friends and family members. May be aggressive and ruthless or a clever con artist.
- disorders in which conscious awareness becomes separated (dissociated) from previous memories, thoughts, and feelings.
- dissociative disorder.
5 True/False questions
Historically there have been a variety of models used to explain psychological disorders. The ___________ model assumes that mental disorders have physical causes that can be diagnosed and treated. → delusion
personality disorders → psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning.
PET scans illustrate reduced activation in the ____________ lobes of a murderer's cortex. → IV
medical model → an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable, minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations
Several times in the past two months, Petra has experienced a racing heart, intense fear that something horrible is about to happen, and in inability to breath. Petra most likely is suffers from: → panic attacks.