5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- psychological disorder
- dissociative identity disorder (DID):
- A _____________ is a false belief that often accompanies psychotic disorders.
- panic disorder
- John is a patient who reports significant anger, hostility, and overall disregard for people. He has been diagnosed with Antisocial Personality Disorder. His personality disorder belongs on which Axis?
- a II
- b an anxiety disorder marked by unpredictable, minutes-long episodes of intense dread in which a person experiences terror and accompanying chest pain, choking, or other frightening sensations
- c rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Formerly called multiple personality disorder.
- d delusion
- e deviant, distressful, and dysfunctional patterns of thoughts, feelings, or behaviors.
5 Multiple choice questions
- narcissistic personality disorder.
- antisocial personality disorder
5 True/False questions
Last year, Nikki was diagnosed with schizophrenia and one of her symptoms is related to inappropriate emotion. She sometimes lapses into a "zombielike" state of apparent apathy known as: → "word salad."
phobia → an anxiety disorder marked by a persistent, irrational fear and avoidance of a specific object, activity, or situation.
binge-eating disorder → significant binge-eating episodes, followed by distress, disgust, or guilt, but without the compensatory purging, fasting, or excessive exercise that marks bulimia nervosa.
major depressive disorder → significant binge-eating episodes, followed by distress, disgust, or guilt, but without the compensatory purging, fasting, or excessive exercise that marks bulimia nervosa.
DSM-IV-TR → the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, with an updated "text revision"; a widely used system for classifying psychological disorders.