5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- binge-eating disorder
- personality disorders
- psychological disorder
- generalized anxiety disorder
- Last year, Nikki was diagnosed with schizophrenia and one of her symptoms is related to inappropriate emotion. She sometimes lapses into a "zombielike" state of apparent apathy known as:
- a deviant, distressful, and dysfunctional patterns of thoughts, feelings, or behaviors.
- b an anxiety disorder in which a person is continually tense, apprehensive, and in a state of autonomic nervous system arousal.
- c flat affect.
- d psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning.
- e significant binge-eating episodes, followed by distress, disgust, or guilt, but without the compensatory purging, fasting, or excessive exercise that marks bulimia nervosa.
5 Multiple choice questions
- post-traumatic stress disorder.
- a group of severe disorders characterized by disorganized and delusional thinking, disturbed perceptions, and inappropriate emotions and behaviors.
- the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, with an updated "text revision"; a widely used system for classifying psychological disorders.
- "word salad."
- antisocial personality disorder
5 True/False questions
Boris is a prolific painter. However, he is also prone to periods of hopelessness and depression, which are followed by periods of mania. It is very likely that Boris is suffering from a(n): → 1.
PET scans illustrate reduced activation in the ____________ lobes of a murderer's cortex. → IV
major depressive disorder → a mood disorder in which a person experiences, in the absence of drugs or another medical condition, two or more weeks of significantly depressed moods or diminished interest or pleasure in most activities, along with at least four other symptoms.
psychosis → a psychological disorder in which a person loses contact with reality, experiencing irrational ideas and distorted perceptions.
Angel has been arrested for grand theft auto. He claims that it wasn't him and that he knows nothing about the crime as his alter ego must have done it. The court-appointed psychiatrist knows immediately that Angel does not suffer from __________________________ as the host is never co-conscious with the alter egos. → "word salad."