5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In ______________, the affected person is aggressive and ruthless, and shows no sign of the conscience that would inhibit wrongdoing.
- dissociative identity disorder (DID):
- Susan has been diagnosed with panic disorder and refuses to leave her home without her husband. She fears any situation in which she cannot escape or find help when a panic attack would strike. Susan suffers from panic disorder with:
- Trina suffers from depression. Her physician has placed her on an antidepressant called Paxil that will help to increase her ____________ supplies by blocking reuptake so that her receptor sites get enough of this neurotransmitter.
- PET scans illustrate reduced activation in the ____________ lobes of a murderer's cortex.
- a antisocial personality disorder
- b rare dissociative disorder in which a person exhibits two or more distinct and alternating personalities. Formerly called multiple personality disorder.
- c serotonin
- d agoraphobia.
- e frontal
5 Multiple choice questions
- psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning.
- the concept that diseases, in this case psychological disorders, have physical causes that can be diagnosed, treated, and, in most cases, cured, often through treatment in a hospital.
- "word salad."
- bulimia nervosa.
5 True/False questions
post-traumatic growth → a psychological disorder in which a person loses contact with reality, experiencing irrational ideas and distorted perceptions.
antisocial personality disorder: → psychological disorders characterized by inflexible and enduring behavior patterns that impair social functioning.
delusions → the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, with an updated "text revision"; a widely used system for classifying psychological disorders.
Although Mark realizes his behavior is unreasonable, he is so distraught by high bridges that he avoids them and takes an unnecessarily lengthy route to and from work each day. Mark appears to suffer from a(n): → IV
Andrea experiences extreme anxiety when she approaches any lake. Her therapist suggests that her fear is the result of a traumatic childhood boating accident. The therapist's suggestion reflects a ___________ perspective. → learning